longbeard 05-Jan-20
Ace 05-Jan-20
Brian M. 05-Jan-20
Wild Bill 06-Jan-20
Bloodtrail 06-Jan-20
Thisismyhandle 06-Jan-20
Thisismyhandle 06-Jan-20
31-Dec-19
If you are going out tomorrow. Good luck to all and Happy New Year.

31-Dec-19
Done yesterday

31-Dec-19
No need for those of us who hunt state land in the NW corner.

01-Jan-20
Last week.

01-Jan-20
What is with the increase size of the 2020 license?

01-Jan-20
What's a license?

01-Jan-20
Notme, you know, what need to drive a car, or have a day, or catch fish or ,......

01-Jan-20
Listen guys..lay of notme..its hard getting info in the loony bin..shit he has to sneak to the computer just to talk to us on bowsite. Dont worry notme I got ya!!

01-Jan-20
It's the ability to sniff out a falsehood......

01-Jan-20

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/P_PQ52SCDQE

01-Jan-20
Notme you still have to get on even if you don’t shoot! Ask BBB .lol

01-Jan-20
Steve - that deer I finally shot in 2016 cost me about $850 just in license fees over the years :)

01-Jan-20
Damn I thought I needed one only if I shot one..interesting concept!!..so much for waiting for the state to re reimburse me for not shooting any

05-Jan-20
Just got 2020 license but when I try to print it, it takes up the ENTIRE page instead of the usual thin strip down the left side of the page. Never had this problem before. Just wondering if it a computer setting problem on my end or web format issue. Gonna need a ginormous 8 x 12" license holder if I can't shrink it down...

05-Jan-20
N8,

Try saving it as a pdf and then re-sizing after opening the new file (you may need to go into your printer options to do this but you should be able to do it within Adobe-assuming you have it).

At the bottom of a pdf file you open there is usually a %scale; you can make the file smaller and then print. The other option is select print and then look about 2/3's down and you should see a bubble titled "custom scale" you can select the % to reduce the size of the document.

Let me know if you run into any trouble doing this.

05-Jan-20
Yup. Mine did the same thing. Have to adjust your printer settings or if you have a copier, I just shrank mine down to 45%.

05-Jan-20
How much does a license cost these days? :)

05-Jan-20
Rich,

You'll be getting a bill from the CT Revenue Services for $10 for the new 2020 "Question Asking Tax"......

05-Jan-20
It cost me 60 bucks and mine is free lol

05-Jan-20
Steve isn't that like saying jumbo shrimp..?..lol

I'm guessing when I print it off my phone ill have to change doodads and stuff.?

05-Jan-20
I wonder if they can cite us as in violation of some rule by altering the size of the license?

Remember, a firearms hunting license is acceptable ID for the purchase of ammunition.

It would be nice if we could purchase a five year license that is then a plastic ID.

05-Jan-20

Ace's Link
“Remember, a firearms hunting license is acceptable ID for the purchase of ammunition.”

Not Correct. You need either: a Pistol Permit, a Long-gun Eligibility Certificate, or an Ammo Eligibility Certificate. A Hunting License is not an acceptable ID.

05-Jan-20
Thank you Ace, my error then.

05-Jan-20
Ace how do I obtain either of the two certificates?

05-Jan-20
Rich, the link in my previous post has the info that is required. Each of them has a background check, and involve a few fees.

The Long-gun Cert. and Pistol Permit both have a training requirement. The CT Hunter Ed Firearms class will suffice for the long-gun certificate but the Pistol Permit requires the NRA Basic Pistol class (or an equivalent).

Asking the government for permission to exersize a God given right. Death by 1000 cuts ...

05-Jan-20
^^^ and the only God given right we have to pay for AND stops at the state line, especially in CT.

06-Jan-20
So, the Long-gun Eligibility Certificate can be had by first obtaining a gun hunting license and then submitting to a background check, to obtain the Long-gun Eligibility Certificate, is that right?

The ammunition certificate only allows you to buy ammunition, but not to possess a gun, is that right?

So a gun hunting license allows you to hunt with a gun, but not buy ammunition? What if you are hunting with a loaded gun and do not have a Long-gun Eligibility Certificate, is that a violation of some law?

Back when the first implementation of handgun purchase/transfer permission was established by the state, there were concerns that this would become a de facto registration system. The public was assured that purchase/transfer data would be not stored longer than six months after the transaction. They lied, surprise surprise.

06-Jan-20
Bill. It’s just to purchase. Not possess. Unless it’s a pistol.

06-Jan-20
A ammo permit allows you to purchase ammo, a long gun eligibility permit allows you to purchase any long gun not deemed a assault rifle or shotgun as well as ammo. A pistol permit allows you to purchase pistols, assault weapons, long guns, ammo and carry pistols and assault weapons. The only permit you need to carry a long gun into the woods is a hunting permit and that's only if you're hunting. If you're going to sight in your hunting rifle at a private range, you dont need any permit to carry or transport it.

06-Jan-20
Let me rephrase that, if you're going to shoot your hunting rifle (not a AR) you dont need any permit to carry and transport it.

• Sitka Gear