Jaquomo 09-Jan-20
Ziek 09-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 09-Jan-20
Ziek 09-Jan-20
Ziek 09-Jan-20
JDM 09-Jan-20
06-Jan-20

Dirk Diggler's Link
They'll get to play ballot box biologist this fall.

06-Jan-20
This issue is not about being anti-wolf in Colorado; it is all about being against the FORCED REINTRODUCTION of large numbers of the Canadian Gray Wolf into Colorado over time. There is a huge difference between Want & Need & those who WANT to FORCE greater numbers of the gray wolf into Colorado will do anything they can to get them here in greater numbers than if they just migrate in, as they have been & are doing currently. There is already the presence of wolves in Colorado which have migrated in.

Those (Rock Mt Wolf Project,etc) who WANT to Force the reintroduction of the Gray Wolf into Colorado found a “loop hole” in that Colorado is a ballot initiative state & that wildlife issues can be tested before the general public & many times against the recommendations of the Colorado Wildlife Commission. Those forcing the issue, have already spent nearly one million dollars to get Ballot Initiative 107 to the voting public in November of 2020. It has been reported that 99% of those monies came from out of state sources. Ballot Initiative 107, many believe, is full of FALSE narratives as follows: 1. Wolves will only be introduced on Public land. 2, Wolves will only be introduced west of the Continental Divide. 3. Once established, the Gray Wolf will bring back the critical balance of Nature to Colorado. 4. Wolves were eliminated in Colorado over 80 years ago; & while that is true, only 1.2 million persons resided in Colorado at that time; currently Colorado is pushing 6 MIL residents statewide. Colorado has twice the population of Idaho, Montana & Wyoming combined where some wolves reside today.

Thirteen years ago, the Parks and Wildlife Commission approved a plan entitled, "Findings & Recommendations for Managing Wolves which Migrate into Colorado," which was in response to the reintroduction of the gray wolf by the USFWS into the Yellowstone National Park area. That same year a migrating wolf from Wyoming was found dead on Colorado's West I-70, & others have been observed since then in Colorado. The above plan (CPW Resolution 16-01) was developed by a group with various interests in Colorado, ie., Colorado Wolf Management Working Group, made up of environmentalists, sportsmen, local government, wildlife biologists & livestock producers. The results were comprehensive & not anti-wolf at all but developed a Colorado Wolf Management framework as follows:

1. accepting a (migrating) wolf presence in Colorado with conditions. 2. urging that wolves migrating into Colorado be allowed to live with "no boundaries" where they find habitat 3. advocating that wolves be left wherever found, providing they are not causing problems 4. taking measures to avoid conflicts through non-lethal methods if possible & if wolves cause problems, manage them to resolve the problem 5. recommending that funding for wolf management come from sources other than hunting license sales, & then, the Resolution concluded that: "any introduction or reintroduction of the wolves into Colorado is a potential conflict with the State's livestock industry and current big game management efforts."

The current Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission, appointed by the Governor, and then approved by the State Legislature, for the past 100 years, is mandated to oversee and then using current scientific big & small game management practices here in Colorado (not Ballot Box Biology), resolved the following: "That the (current year 2016) Colorado Parks and Wildlife Commission affirms its support of the Wolf Working Group's recommendations adopted by the Wildlife Commission in May 2005, OPPOSING the intentional release of any wolves into Colorado......" (adopted, January 13, 2016) Most Colorado citizens believe in the legitimacy of the Colorado Wildlife Commission & the Colorado Parks and Wildlife Director and staff to scientifically manage Colorado's big game populations & we should follow their lead and recommendations concerning this FORCED wolf introduction issue. If you understand & believe in the science of Colorado’s big game wildllife management and the North American Conservation Model, you will support their recommendations.

Currently, there are 21 Colorado Counties which have signed a County Resolution opposing the forced reintroduction of the gray wolf into Colorado. (Five are Front Range Counties) These counties have studied & examined the effects that forced introduction of the gray wolf may have on its communities, its citizens, its wildlife and its livestock, both commercial & domestic. No doubt the subject of the wolf can be a very emotional subject & the voting public needs to EXAMINE all sides of this Colorado issue before voting for or against the Forced Introduction of the gray wolf to Colorado.. I would recommend visiting the Colorado Parks and Wildlife website & also visit the Stopthewolf.org website & see for yourself that there is more to this Wolf issue than one can imagine.

THe other Loup Hole in the process is that once the Initiative 107 was filed and approved by the SEC of state, the CPW.Commission is under a "gag" order to not speak, testify, report on the issue. Too bad.

Paul Navarre, Ft. Collins Co

07-Jan-20
Two things I think could be done that might have an impact in this fight:

1. Stop the Wolf needs to create short video "commercials" showing an elk calf being torn limb from limb by wolves. The one thing every single Coloradoan (from the biggest libtard to the most right-wing hunter) has in common is we ALL love our elk (and deer and moose, etc.) This commercial, and others similar to it, could be shown on tv on the front range and used on every social media platform ad nauseum. It's one thing to make a video of a bunch of credentialed folks to sit around talking about how bad wolves are...it's another to see wolves in action. Nobody would forget that visual.

2. Stop the Wolf should also compose a concise email, which could be copied and pasted from their site, that every hunter could (and should be encouraged to do so) send to family and friends in the state explaining why this is such an important issue and urge them to vote "no" in November. Most of us have folks in our sphere of influence that are not informed and "neutral" on this matter, but not knowing any better will likely vote yes. Many of us may feel we can't articulate this argument in a coherent and concise way, so having an email available to send would allow folks to easily, accurately, and effectively inform those around us. Imagine the potential impact if every hunter sent an email to their friends and family.

Unless these steps, and likely others, are taken I believe we have ZERO chance of avoiding wolves. Doug Dillingham Ohio City, Colorado

07-Jan-20
Maybe COs in WY, ID, and MT who are fighting the wolf losses now would be willing to contribute to the media. I am sure they have a lot of pictures, videos etc that could be used.

You would think people would fight for their jobs and pensions.

07-Jan-20
Doug. Why not send your suggestions to Denny at Stopthewolf.org? Maybe you have. Paul

07-Jan-20
Confirmed wolf kill on an elk in unit 201. The CPW northwest office posted about it

07-Jan-20
I sent my suggestions, bery similar to Doug's, to Denny and asked about ongoing strategy. Twice. No response. Only a snail-mail letter asking for more money. And we had contributed money prior to that. Our potential future "Stop The Wolf" contributions are now headed to Wounded Warrior and St. Judes Children's Hospital...

07-Jan-20
Hello Paul- I did send my suggestions to Stop the Wolf. I have thus far received no response...and now am not expecting one. I was going to stop by their table at ISE in a couple of days, but may not even bother at this point. It seems like most people are content to just sit back and accept wolves as an inevitability. Pretty discouraging as I thought the Bowsite.com would be ground zero for the fight. Man, what happened to us? The frustrating thing to me is we could actually win this fight if people would just decide to fight.

07-Jan-20
I will be working the Stopthewolf booth on Friday until 2-3 pm and then the CBA booth until 8pm. HOpe to see you. Yes, I have more questions to ask, ie, what is planned for the future fight and the timing.

08-Jan-20
I like Elk Assassins comment and unfortunately I'm guilty of assuming we're getting wolves based on what happened with our spring bear hunt. However, just a few days ago I had a change of heart. I've been seeing some great videos on Facebook (I'm going to post some here). One thing i do have to disagree with Elk Assassin on is Bowsite being ground zero. While I still love my Bowsite, to be honest it's a shell of what it used to be. And I know many here could care less about Facebook and Instagram but they're for real and where we have a great opportunity to change voters opinions, because front range socer moms certainly aren't snooping around on Bowsite.

What's different about this issue is that just like us dumb hunters who's pictures/video end up on social media, so do the wolves, who's life revolves around carnage. I think with some well articulated points and the power of social media wolves aren't a foregone conclusion.

08-Jan-20
There needs to be a booth on Pearl Street, not at a show for like minded individuals.

08-Jan-20
Hello Matt D- Love your book BTW. I appreciate your comments. I guess what I meant by Bowsite.com being "ground zero" was that it would be an area of coordination. A place to bounce ideas, come up with new ones, and more or less rally some passionate troops to get involved and begin to execute some sort of plan of attach. I really believe if we put together some impactful videos (not just talking heads), inundated tv and social media with them, along with committing to contact the folks in our sphere of influence individually, we could actually pull of what most people think is impossible...and avoid a forced introduction of wolves into Colorado.

08-Jan-20
Thanks Elk Assassin, agree 100%.

09-Jan-20
Paul, let us know what you find out, since STW doesn't want to share that info with their supporters.

09-Jan-20
"THe other Loup Hole in the process is that once the Initiative 107 was filed and approved by the SEC of state, the CPW.Commission is under a "gag" order to not speak, testify, report on the issue."

That evidently is BS that we have been led to believe. According to 9 news last night, they researched that provision, and found that the CPW CAN comment. They just can't spend more than $50 to promote their opinion. In other words, if asked, they CAN respond in an official capacity. However, 9 news also reported that they (CPW) chooses NOT to comment. If this is true, we have been tossed under the bus during the bear issue, and are about to be again by CPW.

09-Jan-20
"gag order" Fair Campaign Practices Act states: Parks and Wildlife is statutorily required to adhere to the Colorado Fair Campaign Practices Act (CRS 1-45-117) which restricts *the use of public money *CPW's ability to spend public money (which includes staff time) and *the ability of CPW employees to spend public money.

As a result, CPW employees are prohibited from reporting to convey and opinion on any ballots on behalf of the State, the Department of Natural Resources or CPW.

THe General Rule-- CPW cannot expend public moneys from any source, nor make contributions, to urge electors to vote in favor or against a ballot Initiative. * Public moneys include, copiers, computers, orth supplies, staff time, and state vehicles and other facilities. Urge means to advocate, taking a position favorable or opposed to and conveying the message that the ballot initiative should be approved or rejected.

Things that employees cannot do. Employes can not express a personal opinion on a ballot issue or measure or candidate campaign during work time. Employees can not work on a ballot initiative during work time.

09-Jan-20
I don't see where that prohibits them from providing FACTS derived from research that WE paid for, especially if a valid news organization asks for it. At the very least they should release studies that have already been conducted for publication and broadcast. How are voters expected to make an informed decision when the "experts" are "gagged"? Are you telling me they have no one on staff in a PR position? If so, they need to fire him/her or let them do their job. If nothing else, we should be fighting for them to be able to comment on issues where THEY are the experts. A informed electorate is a primary tenet of our democratic system! If they won't do that, we should lobby for wildlife issues to be removed from ballot initiatives. From your post Paul, I also don't see why a group couldn't pay a CPW employee for testifying as an expert for public publication/broadcast.

09-Jan-20
It also occurs to me that there might be recently retired CPW biologists that could be interviewed, and news organizations that would agree to interview them in the public interest. News stations are reporting on the ballot initiative and seem to be looking to report more thoroughly on the issue.

09-Jan-20
How about an interview on a Saturday morning (not on duty) at the news station?

• Sitka Gear