DeerBuilder.com
Township Property?
New Jersey
Contributors to this thread:
Refund 07-Jan-20
07-Jan-20
I'm from NY and I'm tired of driving 2 hours from the city to hunt, so I figured that I would take a 30 minute ride over a bridge and help reduce the massive deer population in NJ instead and take advantage of the extended bow season.

I'm looking at properties on onX around the eastern part of North/Central Jersey area and there are some small parcels here and there that are colored in tan, most are owned by townships. I saw that some information is accessible online, some even have maps indicating hunting boundaries and designated parking areas, though a lot of them don't. I'm not too familiar with each township's rules as far as hunting regulations go.

Another question I have is about parking. Can I park on most streets in NJ as long as there is a shoulder and I'm not blocking anything? Most of these township properties are surrounded by private property and I would much prefer to avoid asking asking people permission to access township property from their property to hunt. Some of these pieces of land touch the roadway and it seems like the only way to access them.

A lot of the state land seems like swamps, and six mile, spruce, etc. seems to be heavily hunted which is why I'm looking into these township properties as options, they seem to be everywhere.

Another thing I have found is there are a lot of these yuppie anti-hunters that you guys have to deal with. I read about a few guys that even had their vehicles vandalized.

If you guys could offer any guidance to a new NJ hunter; perhaps a general idea of where to look, if I need permits for each township to hunt there, places to avoid, etc. I would much appreciate any help.

• Sitka Gear