Jethro 10-Jan-20
Rut Nut 10-Jan-20
Teeton 10-Jan-20
Rut Nut 10-Jan-20
Brad Gehman 10-Jan-20
elk yinzer 14-Jan-20
Tempest 18-Jan-20
08-Jan-20
With the initial inception of Sunday hunting, what’s next? For me, I would like too see archery hunting extended to the last Friday before the Saturday gun opener, even if we have to delay the opener of archery,a week or so. I’m sure that most here have an opinion. Let’s hear them, and see if we can get the ball rolling.

08-Jan-20
For me personally I'd love to see us be able to hunt every Sunday. I know it was a hard fought battle to get the initial 3 days and I'm hoping all Sundays are in the sights so to speak. I know a lot of people are against the Sunday hunting, including some die hard hunters I know. They have their reasons and I have mine. I have a 13 year old son that would love to double his available hunting time from a 1 day a week Saturday to 2 days a week Saturday and Sunday. I hunt 2B so we have a very generous archery season as far as duration goes. I guess another big issue I'd personally like to see tackled is more accurate harvest reporting. I know a lot of guys that kill multiple deer a year and haven't turned in a report in years and years. It really hurts all of us in the long run. I wouldn't even mind if the state went to a deer check in station system but I'm sure that would cost a pile of money to initiate. Just my .2 and they wont buy you much.

08-Jan-20
If a guy can't send in a report card or report online, he sure isn't taking a deer to a check station

08-Jan-20
Bc173, I couldn't agree more. But I just don't think that will ever happen with the much higher kills that are coming from the present season we have now.. I only see the archery kills getting much higher in years to come.. I would love to be wrong.

I saw a post on the UBP's facebook page asking if the UBP should ask for a increase. Not sure if thats on their agenda or not.. Does anyone know if they are going to ask?? Ed

08-Jan-20
Super,

One way to handle the reporting is to mandate every tag holder needs to file a report for EACH tag, whether kill or no kill. Fail to report, no tags the following year.

09-Jan-20
Bowbender, that is a very good idea in my opinion. Thanks for sharing your thoughts sir.

Brad, I agree just thinking of ways to make the reporting more accurate and it sounds like Bowbender's idea could work.

09-Jan-20
Yes, mandatory reporting. DMAP tags already require reporting, regardless whether you kill or not. Extend that to all tags issued. Do it all electronically, no check stations.

09-Jan-20
Ebikes for SGL’s and expanded State Forest. Expanded primitive camping across all state properties similar to Forbes SF. Looking forward to a camp/hunt/fish scenario at Quebec Run Wild area, for spring turks:)

09-Jan-20
I like your suggestion regarding eBikes, Dale. If they were legal, I would get one today. And I certainly don’t see where primitive camping on state properties would hurt anything. I have an ex brother-in-law who did quite a bit of hunting in Quebec, and has killed some very nice bucks there. Good luck in spring gobbler season, and keep an eye out for those buzz tails.

09-Jan-20
They are legal on state forest but you need to confirm with DCNR

09-Jan-20
It costs the PGC 50 cents each time a tag is reported. 900,000 general licenses and another 900,000 or so doe tags. Close to one million dollars then.

Now, the PGC has ways to confirm its reporting rates. First, they field check deer at butchers. They also send out game take surveys. Both of these along with the reported tags gives them a pretty good idea of the harvest.

Now, if we can survey 1000 voters and get within a couple percentage points of the actual outcome of a presidential election, don't you think the PGC can get close with their own methods?

Hunters make this all too hard. We think people will drive to a check station, they won't.

They think that if a tag isn't reported, you will be able to deny hunters a license the following year. Won't happen, the legislature will see to it.

I don't like the PGC, but they have the deer harvest close, and that's good enough

10-Jan-20
What is the 50 cent cost for reporting a harvest?

10-Jan-20
Archery open Sept 15- Feb 28 STATEWIDE

Archery Bear Sept 15-Nov 22 STATEWIDE

Rattlesnakes- April 1-Nov 1 NO bag limit! ;-)

10-Jan-20
WAIT NUT!!! Rattlesnakes were put here by god to clean the human gene pool. :)

10-Jan-20
LOL! Very funny! : )

Dang, I gotta get me some better friends! ;-)

10-Jan-20
The 50 cents is what the vendor of the PALS system charges to report a deer harvest, or any report

14-Jan-20
The most immediate change I would very much like to see the week of Christmas - New Year's grouse back at least, if not the whole late season. Yes, I am dedicated to chasing deer when the bulk of grouse season is open, and that is not going to change. But maybe manage the population through a season bag limit and consider what cutting that week took away from general small game opportunists and young hunters.

18-Jan-20
Have a shorter season for crossbows, would give an exception for youth, seniors, and confirmed physical handicaps. For the record I’m close to 68 and do not wish to hunt with a crossbow .

• Sitka Gear