Acorn 11-Jan-20
Acorn 11-Jan-20
Bloodtrail 11-Jan-20
Shawn 11-Jan-20
Acorn 11-Jan-20
Wild Bill 11-Jan-20
Acorn 12-Jan-20
09-Jan-20
Just got my firearms license and was wondering when it says no lottery on stateland does that mean all I need is my firearms license or no gun hunting?

09-Jan-20
We need more info?? What are you trying to hunt?

09-Jan-20
During shotgun season

09-Jan-20
For deer

09-Jan-20
Lottery is for A and B season on state land. Some state parcels are no-lottery, like quaddick. So you just have to buy the deer tag and you get the whole season.

09-Jan-20
You need tags for firearms deer hunting (if it’s a no-lottery area, you can just buy that tag) along with your firearms license.

09-Jan-20
Thanks guys

10-Jan-20
Switch to bow. Much more fun.

10-Jan-20
What State Forest are you thinking about hunting!

11-Jan-20
Paugussett

11-Jan-20
What's your guys experience with hunting state forests. I got a bow license to. Hunted watershed property for my first year with a bow. Good experience.

11-Jan-20
Depends where you go I guess. I’ve enjoyed a lot of success on state lands. You don’t have to go far or deep. Just find the sign and hunt, and stay away from walking trails and common parking areas. It is becoming increasingly difficult each successive year to enjoy regular deer sightings due to a host of factors, but if you can find a decent swamp or good private land bordering state land, you’ll find deer. Put your time in scouting and you’ll eventually run across a good travel route. It could take you a few years of sitting to figure it out. Snow really lessens the learning curve for scouting.

11-Jan-20
Yup I hunt a state forest primarily..I struggled very hard to learn the sign and get on the deer..but once I did my views on state land has changed. Hard..yes..rewarding..very..this past season was amazing for me. After 30 sits of not even a sighting I was able to finally get on them and get a beautiful buck.. my advice would be to scout, scout and scout some more..

11-Jan-20
Thanks for the help.

11-Jan-20
Paugussett - I've seen deer activity in the north section along Hanover Road, behind the houses that are on the east side of the road. You can park up near the boat launch area and hike up the access road. About half way up, make a right off the trail and you should find trails going from the state land into the private. A long time ago I tried contacting the residents by mail to get permission, nobody wanted me then, so I traveled the state land in muzzleloader season. Always wanted to go back there, but I've had good private land since.

12-Jan-20
Thanks for info

• Sitka Gear