The last savage 12-Jan-20
BTM 12-Jan-20
The last savage 12-Jan-20
wytex 13-Jan-20
The last savage 13-Jan-20
wytex 13-Jan-20
The last savage 14-Jan-20
12-Jan-20
Does anyone have any knowledge or link as to a government or state program that either sells or simply allows you to cut down and remove dead standing beetle killed tree's? On the same note, do landowners ever sell any of the dead trees? Any input is appreciated, ive searched but can't find any direct answers. Thanks...Pat

12-Jan-20
If it's on national forest, USFS sells permits. I get one every year ($35 for five cords). Check with the local USFS office.

12-Jan-20
Im actually wanting the full logs so id probably assume they would just figure out how much volume (cordage) the average log is ? Someone suggested buying truck loads from loggers, anyone know what truck load of beetle killed logs go for 10/12 inches in diameter??

13-Jan-20
We cut standing dead trees every year for firewood, prices went down for the permits this year. We cut trees anywhere from 30' to 60 ft tall no issues. Lots to be had and just go get get firewood permits and go after it. You may need a commercial permit of some sort if you're going to sell to wood. We used to haul out 5 ft logs and cut down at home but now buck them all down to firewood length in the field.

I would call a local district FS office and inquire. We have wood that has blue stain almost all the way through it, would be really pretty lumber.

13-Jan-20
Thx wytex...

13-Jan-20
How long do you need your logs? Max length on firewood permits is 8 ft. We have anything form lodge pole pine to spruce and fir, all standing dead and with blue stain if you want it. Easy access on the NF . I know a local sawmill guy that has longer logs in their yard and will sell them or may know who or what you need to get some right off the forest.

14-Jan-20
30 to 50 ft, thinking a cabin,

• Sitka Gear