mrelite 13-Jan-20
priley 14-Jan-20
Trophyhill 16-Jan-20
12-Jan-20

mrelite's embedded Photo
In my mind this is a heck of a trophy
mrelite's embedded Photo
In my mind this is a heck of a trophy
IMO one of the best ways to hone your bow hunting skills is to hunt quail with a bow. These fast running, evasive little birds can give you a run for your money! if you think you can shoot one without ranging them first, think again, I have quick shot and only got feathers countless times over the years. Recently I have adopted the practice of only releasing an arrow if I have first ranged them which is extremely hard to do, by the time you range and get drawn back they have ran to the next bush and the whole range, draw, aim process is repeated over and over until it becomes just what you do without thinking, very valuable when it comes to getting a known distance shot off on an elk or deer. I try to practice fast shots when target shooting but quail hunting adds an element that is not attainable at the target range and you can hunt quail from Nov to Feb.

You can't always range your shot on big game but your odds of killing that animal has to increase when you are super efficient at incorporating your range finder in the process.

12-Jan-20
Pretty cool for sure and I bet it's fun. I'd have to buy some wal-mart arrows for sure lol.

13-Jan-20
Awesome!

What head are you using? Judo? Rubber blunt? Wire bird head?

13-Jan-20
They are like a Judo but with a blunt head, super accurate out to 30yds. I don't know why but the birds lately have been running so fast that you literally have to run to keep up and often the darn things fly before any opportunity.

14-Jan-20
Ha! Ha ! Maybe they are getting tired of being shot at. Hunting late season quail is a young mans game.

16-Jan-20
Sure beats a Mountain House meal aye?

• Sitka Gear