Ollie 18-Jan-20
1boonr 19-Jan-20
BOHUNTER09 19-Jan-20
Habitat 24-Jan-20
ground hunter 30-Jan-20
critgitr jr 02-Mar-20
1boonr 15-Mar-20
13-Jan-20
When I watch hunting shows filmed in Iowa I often see lots of ears of corn laying on top of the picked corn. Are you allowed to hunt over a mowed down corn field? In Illinois that’s considered baiting.

13-Jan-20
Yes it is allowed. I have a stand on a cornfield edge.

13-Jan-20
Can you throw some ears out in the field. That’s what I think I’m seeing. We can hunt a picked corn field, but can’t mow it down then hunt.

14-Jan-20
Not sure about actually throwing ears of corn out into the field. That may be a gray area. I never have, never needed to. Just set up close to the nearest trail leading out into the field. Normally there will already be ears of corn out in the field anyway.

14-Jan-20
If mowing it is considered baiting then leaving it stand should be considered baiting. Nobody should be able to hunt within 5000 yards of an ag field

14-Jan-20
This might only apply to Illinois. Other states may have sensible rules. We never do in Illinois. We also have nearly unlimited non-resident archery permits

16-Jan-20
Thats not a real intelligent post,do you even know how far 5000 yards is?There wouldn't be much hunting in the midwest

18-Jan-20
That is nearly 3 miles. I don’t want anybody benefiting from foodplots. It’s not fair to the people who can’t have one.

18-Jan-20
Look very closely at some of the shows that are filmed in Iowa and not only do you see ears of corn on the ground, you also see a lot of corn grain spread in a manner that makes it look like a spreader was used to enhance the spillage from ag operations. That is illegal. Pretty hard to prove someone is baiting a corn field by periodically adding corn grain unless you can catch them in the act. Otherwise they play stupid and claim it was corn from the harvest.

19-Jan-20
It’s not hard to prove but I believe they are letting them do it with a wink and a nod.

19-Jan-20
Ollie. That’s exactly my observation. No current harvesting equipment leaves that much corn on top. Appears to be supplemented post harvest.

24-Jan-20
booner,say what?

30-Jan-20
Booner???????

02-Mar-20
hello

15-Mar-20
When you see a cornfield mowed flat like that, yet there is whole ears of corn without husk spread out all over you know the corn was thrown out afterwards.

• Sitka Gear