SixLomaz 14-Jan-20
Treebeard 14-Jan-20
spike78 15-Jan-20
GF 15-Jan-20
Notme 17-Jan-20
jax2009r 17-Jan-20
deerstalker 20-Jan-20
13-Jan-20
Anyone shoot annihilator broadheads? Curious about accuracy and how well they work on deer.

13-Jan-20
Buddy of mine down in Virginia loves them at the range. Said they fly just like field tips. He’s headed to Alabama on Wed for 7 days and plans on field testing them on some live targets!

13-Jan-20
My x boss is also headed to Alabama, goes every year.

13-Jan-20

SixLomaz's Link
BBB: I have a cousin by marriage in Alabama. He wants to go full native Indian.

Here is my take on them broadheads just by looking:

PRO: 100 & 125 Grain Cutting Surface Area | .180 square inches (the largest cutting surface area of any other broadhead)

NEUTRAL: 100 & 125 Grain Cut Diameter | .910 inches (possible less blood on the ground?)

PRO (corrosion resistance due to chromium and molybdenum): 4140 alloy steel hardened to Rockwell RC: 52 for superior edge retention and insane durability.

PRO: Cut On Contact (COC) design: Can be easily field sharpened flat on a stone and reused.

PRO: Heads are batched within 0.4 grains of each other.

EXTRA PRO: Designed and manufactured in the USA.

CONS: We stand behind our product with a lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defect. (Go for 100% guarantee broadheads other manufacturers offer)

I you are going to hit a rock or solid bone probably it will deform the broadhead. Hard to tell if that can be fixed. At $20 per head they are median expensive. The only way to tell how they fly is to test them against field points at at least 60 yards flight distance.

YouTube honest test in the real world --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkNw7c-jnyo

If you want to splurge on an excellent COC broadhead go for Trophy Taker A-TAC Stainless Steel Fixed Broadhead.

13-Jan-20
Will he have a banjo on his knee..lol

13-Jan-20
I saw on several review sites they scored at or near the top in their class. Seem like a fantastic head.

13-Jan-20

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/Sio0TcSEK9g

14-Jan-20
Notme, that song will confuse the heck out of kids with those lyrics.

14-Jan-20
Thanks for the feed back guys.

14-Jan-20
Most kids never heard that song..we're old..lol

14-Jan-20
I suspect that (like most broadheads) they work as well as you can A) shoot them and B) sharpen them.

As a general rule, I avoid anything with that much hype baked into the name. I’m not mad at the deer; I just want to eat them.

As a hard and fast rule, I won’t even consider buying something that costs more than twice as much as a perfectly satisfactory alternative.

But I’m kind of a Grouch that way. ;)

Spend your money as you see fit, but you can’t expect one Broadhead of a certain set of dimensions to do anything that a more-or-less comparable design won’t do unless one hits something hard enough to break it. In which case blame the shooter anyway.

14-Jan-20
GF, what you said!

14-Jan-20
They are a little pricy. Saw they ranked really well on an independent test of several other broadheads. Was thinking of trying the G5 Montec also. Any thoughts on those?

14-Jan-20
Look into fixed broadheads made here locally in Connecticut. The brand name is Wasp. You can look at Boss and Hammer SST models. Also another great broadhead is Slick Trick.

14-Jan-20
SixLomaz, I live near Wasp. I’ll check them out thanks.

15-Jan-20
Gee thanks just looked up the broadhead and I see some in the future wow they look good on tests and reviews.

15-Jan-20

GF's Link
I like this version much better...

17-Jan-20
The godfather of grundge..saw him in 88 at the n h colosseum.

17-Jan-20
the wasp havelin's look great....I have them no kills yet

20-Jan-20
I like Wasp products and have been using the Boss 3-Blade for years, Flies great, good penetration. Quality product made here in Connecticut. They sell replacement blades also.

• Sitka Gear