Paul@thefort 16-Jan-20
Orion 16-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 16-Jan-20
EMar47 17-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 17-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 18-Jan-20
FullCryHounds 21-Jan-20
15-Jan-20
It seems like one of the best venues where they could a ton of publicity in a majorly friendly and anti wolf venue. Are they there? Is anyone there speaking against forced introduction? Seems like the thousands of visitors to the livestock show could really be swayed by the producers there if they all got a unified message and really pushed the fact that other states are setting records of cost associated to the loss of livestock due to depredation.

15-Jan-20
I do not know for sure but STW was at the Denver ISE for 5 days. Members on the STW board , some represent Stock and Livestock growers, I am aware that the word is out and currently 25 counties, including 9 Ft Range Counties are in Opposition to the Forced Introduction and many of those counties are agriculture/live stock. Paul

15-Jan-20
I was at the stock show the last 2 nights and didn't see a STW booth. Doesn't mean there wasn't one there because the place is huge and vendors galore.

15-Jan-20
Preaching to the choir. STW needs to be at the big fairs in downtown Denver, New West Fest in Fort Collins, etc..

15-Jan-20
Stop the wolf being at ISE is a waste of time kinda like having an infomercial on the outdoor channel. They need to be reaching beyond their base. I can't believe they missed a golden opportunity to have a booth or something at the livestock show. A lot more potential people to be swayed there then at ISE. Paul why do you keep mentioning the counties signing up against wolf re-introduction? What good do you think that is doing? Do you think a county signed piece of paper saying they don't want wolves is going to stop wolves?

15-Jan-20
Counties being against introduction doesn't mean much in real action but it may give an undecided voter reason to pause and learn a little more about the issue.

16-Jan-20
"Counties being against introduction doesn't mean much in real action but it may give an undecided voter reason to pause and learn a little more about the issue."

Exactly!

16-Jan-20
Really like counties who said they wouldn't support the magazine ban on firearms. Did that help in any sort of way for that not to pass? Did the uneducated voter or citizen look into that at all or did they chastise the counties that came out who said they wouldn't support it?

16-Jan-20
It may not have a big effect but I can't see how it's a bad thing when counties get on the right side of the issue. I don't see why it's worth spending energy arguing how effective it is. It's about all a county can do and they are doing it. It may not be a big help but it's a plus even if it's a small one.

16-Jan-20
Glunt's remarks exactly! WE now have 26 Colorado Counties that have sighed a Resolution, Grand County just approved theirs. Yes, this does help give their County residents Pause, to think about the issue and look for more info instead of just voting with emotion.

I presented to the Larimer County Commissioner's just the other day, at their Public input meeting, a goal of developing a Resolution. THe surrounding counties, of Weld, Jackson, now Grand, and farther to the south, Douglas have signed on. On an issue like this, we can not have too much support from those that are going to be directly affected. At least this shows some unity between the Counties concerning this issue and our goal is to have that passed down to the Counties citizens.

Paul, Larimer County STW coordinator

16-Jan-20
I'm not saying it's a bad thing I'm saying if that is all that is being relied on to fight the pro wolfers then orgs like stop the wolf aren't doing their job. Again why would they not set up at the national livestock show and converse with the thousands of people that attend there?

16-Jan-20
Ryan, here is what I know concerning the STW presents at the stock show.

I was told this this morning, to answer your question. "We tried to get a booth three months ago at the stock show. The previous vendors had first come basis for the show. We STW, were notified that there was no booths available. A Colorado stockman, a members of the STW, gave out STW brochures to some of the vendors to pass out."

Grand County has now joined the other 25 Colorado in OPPOSITION to the forced introduction.

Hope this helps,, Paul

16-Jan-20
I have serious doubts that Larimer County will sign the Resolution. Maybe only if Boulder County does first.

16-Jan-20
Brad, it is not over until it is over! I am willing to do everything I can for a positive outcome. Paul

16-Jan-20
The problem is every county in the state except for the five or six that run our votes can sign it and it won't matter

16-Jan-20
Well Ryan, maybe you can find something positive to say or do. No doubt an uphill battle, but worth trying. my best, Paul

17-Jan-20
Paul, have you mentioned to the STW leadership about getting booths at the Denver County Fair, Larimer County Fair, Greeley Stampede, Colorado State Fair, etc? These are events that are attended by the non-hunting but not necessarily anti-hunting public. The type of people that we need to sway to our side. I think the earlier STW can get into those the better. You seem to have an in with those guys, so maybe you can present this idea?

17-Jan-20
Eric, I agree, I will see what plans they have for the near future.

18-Jan-20
Eric, the reason I seem to have an in with those guys is ---------First, I feel strongly about this issue, Second, I am willing do do something positive to help. Three, I went to the STW website and VOLUNTEERed to help the best I can. Forth, STW seems like the only group that is doing anything and I am glad to be part of it. Fifth, I am not going to be one that sets on the sideline and complains about the direction that STW is going or the tactics they use as I know the direction is fluid but going in a positive direction. I have sent them some money but my best contribution will be my activism.

Anyone can have an IN, if they want to . Just Volunteer! my best, Paul

21-Jan-20

FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
FullCryHounds's embedded Photo
We are passing out flyers and talking to everyone we can opposing the wolf introduction at our booth at the Stockshow. Stop by and say hi.

• Sitka Gear