jlarsenhunts 16-Jan-20
Jaquomo 16-Jan-20
Paul@thefort 16-Jan-20
Glunt@work 16-Jan-20
IVL 17-Jan-20
jlarsenhunts 17-Jan-20
KHunter 17-Jan-20
16-Jan-20
Hi All - Curious if anyone has hunted spring turkeys the last few years in James M John & Lake Dorothey SWAs? I saw some posts from almost 10 years ago on here and the reviews were mixed. Most of the complaints I read discussed the number of hunters (too many), the number of turkeys (too few) and the hike to turkey habit was long (8 miles or so). Does anyone know if that is still the case?

16-Jan-20
I think the hike now is 10 miles, uphill both ways.

16-Jan-20
Wait, that is what my parents told me when they had to walk to school, and bare footed. Sorry to get off topic. Paul

16-Jan-20
I hunted it quite awhile ago. Plenty of people, not a lot of birds. I can drive just a little farther to a neighboring state and see less folks and more birds.

I used to guide on private farther east on the same string of hills and it was good hunting but birds saw very little pressure.

17-Jan-20
To many Tags not enough Birds in Lake Dorothy, James John Tag you will need horses or be prepared for a long hike, stay overnight for a few day only 2 drainages have birds and they are at the N end of The SWA.

17-Jan-20
Thanks for the info, everyone!

17-Jan-20
Sugarite Canyon in NM is a fun hunt a bit father south

• Sitka Gear