Will 06-Feb-20
hickstick 06-Feb-20
hickstick 10-Feb-20
hickstick 11-Mar-20
bigwoodsbucks22 11-Mar-20
hickstick 11-Mar-20
hickstick 12-Mar-20
17-Jan-20
Just a heads up. Looks like we will have another get together on August 1. I need to reserve the Club but as of yesterday the date was available. Here is the good news. Matt and Tethrd have stepped up and offered to handle the whole thing. Makes my day because that was a shitload of work. I will keep you guys posted.

If anybody wants to just get together and do something low key sooner, just speak up. We could easily do it in Boylston on some municipal property. It is right off the highway.

Pete

17-Jan-20
awesome Pete. and ditto on the earlier meeting... I've got town land behind my house that could be used as well.

17-Jan-20
Cool, I'm usually around that week in the summer, so fingers crossed it works. Looking forward to it.

17-Jan-20
Definitely looking forward to it, I'm in. Love that Tethrd is doing these all around the country now, smart move on their part to grow the sport. I do highly recommend we do a much earlier informal one... say April or May. That way it gives people way more time to try it, decide which direction they want to go in regards to different saddles and different climbing methods, purchase what they want, and still have plenty of time to practice before the season. In fact, I think the august one in addition to an informal one earlier in the year would be even more beneficial. Then people would already have their set up and august would be all about getting them dialed in and more comfortable so they can really rock and roll come opening day.

17-Jan-20
I agree with bwb22. Would love an independent, non-sponsored get together earlier. I’ll be at the Tethrd event as well. Doesn’t need to be as well organized as last year. Just show up to a piece of public with your gear and swap ideas for a few hours. As SH.com grows, I’m spending less time on that forum. Would be great to see what guys around here are doing and have some up with.

17-Jan-20
Pete, just wondering if this is in addition to their Teach-N-Train Tour? Cause it looks like they are gonna be in Wisconsin on August 1.

17-Jan-20
Aug 15th on the TNT

I'm in on the informal one in April or May

17-Jan-20
Tek, I saw they were gonna be in MA on the 15th but Pete wasn't listed as the host for that, and he also mentioned Aug 1st. I was just wondering if he set up something else with them for the 1st that wasn't on the TNT schedule. I also saw that they were in Wisconsin on the 1st and was just wondering if maybe they have enough guys that they can be in two places at once.

17-Jan-20
15th will not work in Auburn so I asked them to try for a different date. We are settling on the 1st.

17-Jan-20
I said we could have it at my club in west Springfield anytime but i guess you easties will fall of the edge of the earth ifin you drive west of Worcester!!!

17-Jan-20
Drslyr....I don't know, on my map all I see is "here be Dragons"

17-Jan-20
West of Worcester? Does anyone live there? :-)

17-Jan-20
How the hell are we supposed to get there? All roads heading west dead end at the Auburn border. Man, drslyr is just being silly.

17-Jan-20
There is a direct route out to the Wild Western part of the state. It is a horse and buggy carriage ride though

17-Jan-20
I'll hold your hand in 30,000 state land acres. No leaf blowers or swing sets though. You guys would be spooked.

17-Jan-20
Lol drslyr, don’t worry we can car pool ha.

17-Jan-20
Drslyr, how are they gonna cross the "Mighty CT RIVER"? Remember, there's no 4 lane bridges across the Moat !

18-Jan-20
Birch bark canoes that we will borrow-from the agawam indians at king phillips stockade and will take many saddlers across the Mighty Ct river.

18-Jan-20
Holy funny, Amen Brother !

18-Jan-20
Tough crowd.

18-Jan-20
Everyone knows Mordor is on the other side of the CT river. No way I'm going there.

19-Jan-20
Since we all have saddles I say we rig a zipline across the river and slide across :)

20-Jan-20
Swim, it's not that far across and the current wont be to strong come August...

20-Jan-20
Now you've just changed it from "here be dragons" to "here be sharks", Will. lol

Bull sharks have been known to swim 700 miles up fresh water rivers. :O

20-Jan-20
Wholly crap, Hick just turned this from a reasonable discussion into possibly the biggest bowsite torch carrying session ever...

Bull sharks are not normally found this far north... But with increasing sea temps perhaps they will find their way into the CT soon... BAHHH! ha ha ha! :)

20-Jan-20
I'll go with the the"Bull" but not sharks! or Elks or Mooses.

20-Jan-20
uh oh...what have I started...'increasing sea temps' is likely to draw Pi into the Saddle discussion. lol

drslyr....how 'bout Bull Shart. lol

20-Jan-20
...but will the sharks be in a tornado?

Are you all ready for saddlenado part 7?

20-Jan-20
Wholly smiles, we now may have a bull shart attack saddlenado as folks cross the mighty CT river!

Dan, that, is frigging hilarious bringing those movies into this!

It's funny, I never viewed the CT river as an MA divider... always figured it was 128 and the rest of us ha ha ha!

20-Jan-20
c'mon Will....everything inside of 128 is "Boston"....everything west of Quabbin is "Rochester, NY". lol

20-Jan-20
Keep it up Easties, all is fair at "The Crossings" !

02-Feb-20

hickstick's Link
Posting this for Matt. its the registration page for the Tethrd Teach-n-Train event August 1 at Auburn Sportsmans Club. I'm registered.

there is also a Facebook page for the event.

03-Feb-20
I'm looking forward to this event. The food was amazing at last year's event especially the Pulled BBQ Bear. I don't remember who brought it, but it was awesome!

03-Feb-20
Dale...this one, all the food is being provided by Tethrd.

03-Feb-20
Lots of food? As in how many pounds per person?

03-Feb-20
Awesome, just registered me and my son. Looking forward to it. First year in the saddle, got two bucks during bow season. I’m hooked. Sold my climber and everything.

03-Feb-20
Wow...food provided by Tethrd! The Tethrd team is awesome! I registered this morning. I primarily used SRT (rope) this season with my saddle on public as well as WE Steps on private where I could leave them without concern for theft. Looking forward to sharing my experience with rope and to hear from others.

03-Feb-20
Again, those guys are sharp. On the form they make a statement to the effect that their mission is to educate regarding saddle hunting, regardless of gear brand per se. Along the lines of Tesla making some of their innovations available (I think) to other manufacturers. A rising tide lifts all boats.

03-Feb-20
Thanks for the heads up; just registered. Of course, I put an "=" sign at the end of my name because I can't type. Can't wait to see the printed name tag "Oh hey there, Dan Cross=. How's it going?"

03-Feb-20
I just signed on the dotted line... See you guys 7 months :)

03-Feb-20
Just registered

03-Feb-20
Signed up myself. Looking forward to it and to meeting a few of you face to face.

04-Feb-20
NDH, wait , what? Just a few of us? Who are you not looking forward to meeting? BAHAHA :)

04-Feb-20
Haha. I’ve met a few of you already at last years event! As soon as I submitted that comment I knew there would be repercussions.

04-Feb-20
Repercussions..... isn't that a drum set

06-Feb-20
Hey guys. I received permission from the archery chair at the club in Auburn for us to do a mini Saddle meet up. This will be a very basic get together because I do not want to take away from the August event and quite frankly do not want to put all that work into it again if I don't have to. No food or raffles, etc. Just some trees and saddle hunting gear. Maybe a 3D target so we can talk about shooting. We just need to pick a weekend in April before turkey starts. I say the weekend before the season opens, on a Saturday. Would that work?

We can always do it somewhere else but Auburn seems like a fairly central location.

Pete

06-Feb-20
Sounds fun Pete!

06-Feb-20
That April weekend works. I'll be in Minneapolis for a niece's wedding on August 1. Enjoy the Tethred event!

06-Feb-20
I cant make the one in August, im bummed. For the small April one I can probably make. Im not sure when turkey opens but only Saturday I cant do is the 18th.

06-Feb-20
I'm in

06-Feb-20
MA_Bowhunter, if you have a fly rod (or travel trad rod), bring it and a few smallmouth bass flies (or lures), sneak away early in the AM and go fish the Mississippi. There are a few parks in MLPS with good access to the river and you wont be disappointed. There are some great park ponds full of bass and some with tiger musky as well sprinkled all over the MLPS/StP area. If you think you have a few hours where you could sneak away, the fishing is worth it!

06-Feb-20
Sounds good Pete.

10-Feb-20

hickstick's embedded Photo
hickstick's embedded Photo
Drslyr....heres my proof. lol

11-Mar-20
Bumping this up so it doesn't fall of peoples radar...

11-Mar-20
What ended up being the date/time for the mini get together?

11-Mar-20
I think we are settling on the Saturday prior to turkey....so April 25th.

12-Mar-20
FYI...I invited Joe and Scott from the NY Saddle Hunters forum and youtube page. I also posted this on the Massachusetts Saddle Hunters facebook group.

• Sitka Gear