steve 23-Jan-20
Notme 23-Jan-20
longbeard 23-Jan-20
DeerDan 28-Jan-20
Bigbuckbob 29-Jan-20
Loner 03-Feb-20
Loner 03-Feb-20
21-Jan-20
Anyone in zone 11 and 12 still out hunting? Seeing anything. Bucks dropping antlers?

21-Jan-20
Smaller racked bucks I've been seeing are all still carrying both sides. Actually have some pictures of them still sparring as of last week.

21-Jan-20
YOU !

21-Jan-20
Isn't it gun season now

21-Jan-20
I'm hunting on YouTube,..... Maine, Kentucky, Illinois, Alaska, Saskatchewan, etc. It's been great. Gotta put another log on the fire and pour another glass of brunello di montalcino

21-Jan-20
Still at it Seeing some deer - holding out hope

21-Jan-20
Not hunting, but still seeing antlered bucks in Zone 7 & 8.

21-Jan-20

21-Jan-20
NOT HUNTING BUT JUMPED TWO BUCK AND FOUR DOE ON A NEW PROPERTY I JUST GOT PERMISSION ON. VERY PROMISING 66 ACRES. BOTH BUCKS STILL HAD FULL RACKS

21-Jan-20
I’m still out, but I’m not sure why. I haven’t seen a 4.5 yr old or older on camera in over two months! Very frustrating!!

21-Jan-20
LB - you're talking a 4.5 old deer, right?

21-Jan-20
I wish.....

21-Jan-20
Ha ha yes BBB. Thanks for giving me a chance to clear that up.

21-Jan-20
I checked cams last week and I'm feeding 3rd shifters at night and turkeys and squirrels in daylight. Zero daylight pics of the 3 small bucks I'm feeding. One has shed 1 side of a tall fork and the others still had both sides but small. I may be done....this spot is over an hour away so it's not a quickie hunt.

22-Jan-20
I could kill a Doe any morning or afternoon ,I have 1, 4 ptr but all other bucks have disappeared or dropped there horns at my spot .Steve

22-Jan-20
Well la te da to you steveo..lol

22-Jan-20
Notme you should be hunting toy land !

22-Jan-20

Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
got out last night zone 11.. seeing bucks with head gear but about 50% have shed

22-Jan-20
I should but new girl is snuggly..mmmmm..lol

22-Jan-20
I shut my season down right after Christmas; ongoing issues with my left labrum (no tear thankfully) so I've been doing the PT routine and it's gotten much better. I'm going to be smart (for once) and run my full course of PT (probably another 2-3 months) before getting back to shooting again.

Plenty of years left God willing, so I opted to play it safe.

22-Jan-20

rut's embedded Photo
Photos are from the 7th and 14th of January. Much to small to ever consider shooting. Couple more years on them needed. Still sparring.
rut's embedded Photo
Photos are from the 7th and 14th of January. Much to small to ever consider shooting. Couple more years on them needed. Still sparring.

22-Jan-20
I got plenty of deer left with headgear, but they are all under my “eligibility “ standards. At one spot there are like a dozen bucks coming in every night and still pushing each other around. Like Steve, I could shoot a deer on almost any night, but that’s just not for me. No worries just another year of tag soup! :)

22-Jan-20
Same here. I could shoot a deer almost daily at my spots. All small bucks and does though, so no shooting. Older class bucks only here, and no does ever.

22-Jan-20
Blah blah blah..lol

23-Jan-20
So does that classify longbeard and rut as completely horn hunters?? Or is it that you both already have enough meat and are after the rack?? And no I'm not bashing or being a dick it's just a basic question. I guess everyone has there own reason for hunting. To each there own.....

23-Jan-20
Its not the horns its the age of the deer !!!

23-Jan-20
Its out smarting an old warrior....like playing pull my finger with Steve, sometimes he walks away sometimes it's ewwwww..lol

23-Jan-20
Lol that’s funny Notme! Steve said it right, it’s about the age and if your lucky enough to connect there is usually plenty of bone and lots of meat. I have no meat in my freezer at all because this is going to be the second year in a row that I’ve been shut out by the insiders of the big buck club. Lol

I’ll learn from these past two seasons and continue to apply what I’ve learned and hope next year I get back in the club. I had a 5 yr streak going that ended last season! In those 5 years I killed four 4.5 year old bucks and a 5.5 year old. Three of them had enough antler to score the P&Y minimum.

I want to get back there!!

28-Jan-20
I'm still hunting every chance I get and connected on a doe this afternoon. I've been seeing bucks with antlers right along and some chasing but I'm out of buck tags so no matter. Our season is over Friday and working the rest of the week so I guess that's it unless I catch the Corona virus between now and then.

29-Jan-20
When my wife and I were in VT the locals said the deer herd was "out of control" and the state is increasing the number of tags. We saw a ton of deer sign on our hike, so maybe a trip to VT would be in the plans.

03-Feb-20
Scouting and actually hanging a few stands based on what I saw last bow season. Getting a few ticks on me too. I love the scouting and stand placement part of bow hunting.

03-Feb-20
Forgot to mention I'm doing this in Ma. .....season closed.

• Sitka Gear