8point 22-Jan-20
Cornpone 25-Jan-20
8point 27-Jan-20
Cornpone 08-Feb-20
OTC_Bowhunter 26-Mar-20
8point 29-Mar-20
jdbbowhunter 29-Mar-20
22-Jan-20
For those of you who travel west for DIY elk, check the Colorado DOW site to verify the area you hunt isn't now a draw area, I know mine is. The thing that gripes me is that rifle season is unchanged.

25-Jan-20
I've hunted unit 77 for ten years, DIY bow. I decided this past fall was my last so I'm unaffected even though it is now draw.

27-Jan-20
Cornpone, We hunted 71 & 74 DIY for a lot of years, and had run-ins with a number of good bulls, but couldn't quite get it done. We usually went the 2nd and 3rd week, and only came across 2 black powder hunters in all that time. I'm in 8S here, what's your GMU?

08-Feb-20
I live in 8G but do most of my hunting in 8A (~60%), 8C (~30%) and 9N. I was fortunate to find a good spot on public in CO and killed 7 elk in 10 years...one was a cow. Should have gotten one this past fall but didn't...was waiting for the perfect shot when I should have taken what was a good shot. I always hunted the first week.

26-Mar-20
Do any of you guys drive a red chevy truck? You were parked in my spot last year......Couldn't believe I drove all that way to see a guy from NY parked in my spot.

26-Mar-20
Yea, that must have been a real shocker for sure. There is nothing like getting to your favorite spot only to discover somebody else beat you to it.

26-Mar-20
Yea, that must have been a real shocker for sure. There is nothing like getting to your favorite spot only to discover somebody else beat you to it.

29-Mar-20
Wasn't me, my blue Dodge didn't make the trip last year due to my shoulder surgery. Only time we ran into another New Yorker was when we hunted near Steamboat in 2009, and ran into a guy from I think Cattaraugus county. On a humorous note, I once ran into a couple of fellas 12 miles deep in a wilderness area who lived in the same neighborhood as my daughter in Kennesaw Ga. Anyone hoping to make the trip out this fall. Between the virus and reg changes it would be a challenge.

29-Mar-20
Hoping to go out west in Sept, hopefully its still going to happen. But nothing would surprise me at this point.

• Sitka Gear