Sitka Gear
690/680
Montana
Contributors to this thread:
Riplip 25-Jan-20
sbschindler 26-Jan-20
25-Jan-20
From the initial research I have done, it appears that public access if extremely limited in this unit. For those that have hunted or are familiar with the area is it possible to have a successful DIY hunt? I found a few of the ranches that allow access but I have heard that they are tough to reserve and limited to 2-3 consecutive days and dependent on family members who may have drawn? Would appreciate any feedback or information from those with experience or knowledge of this area. Also would be interested in info on the main (Only?) outfitter - Montana Outfitting Company? Certainly a long shot draw even with points but the area looks beautiful.

26-Jan-20
the plan is to consolidate both HD's into one it will all be 690, and increasing the permit levels from 35 to 50, this will be decided at the upcoming Feb. FWP Commissioners meeting. there are some Block management ranches in the northern part and hunting at best is tough, ( low elk numbers) most all the other private ranches are locked up, the old 680 district has a lot of elk and public land, access to the public land is tough, but there is some,

• Sitka Gear