Ace 14-Feb-20
extreme 14-Feb-20
Ace 14-Feb-20
longbeard 14-Feb-20
extreme 14-Feb-20
28-Jan-20

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
I was wondering if anybody knew if its still going? I know clubs like this need a lot of volunteering and its always the same individuals every Year. I still have a window sticker and maybe a patch? This picture (10/31/2003) was me and my two buddies, killed 3 Bucks in one day. The good ole days in the NW corner when we had Deer.

28-Jan-20
Nope

28-Jan-20
I still know some of the names on the area delegates and board.....good ole days for sure! I’d welcome that time back!!

28-Jan-20
I don't see you Steve, just three, young skinny guys.

28-Jan-20
Bbb,. Thanks a lot!! Actually I just lost weight and I'm close to my 2003 fighting weight!!

28-Jan-20
Wasn't good ole days when many bow hunters ripped them for being staffed by some guys who were also in Whitetail Solutions. So true, that you don't know what you have till it's gone.

"Woods and Water", those were the last newsletter publishers. Before that a regional Bowhunter News contained newsletters for clubs all over New England. Unfortunately, they had poorly managed mailing lists and were accused of padding the rolls to overcharge clubs.

Presently there is a movement to unite Connecticut sportsmen and provide paid professional lobbyists to provide insight and impact in Hartford. If you belong to any sportsman's club and haven't heard this, speak up and ask them WHY NOT.

29-Jan-20
I remember well ! Dave made the paper on his first deer !I Still have a patch too.

29-Jan-20
WB, I was referring how great the archery hunting was back in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s. The names on the list just reminded me about how great archery was then!! :)

29-Jan-20
Remember the guys well. Back when Ken Kuhar was leading the way with Del. My company even designed a belt buckle exactly like the logo but the group was going thru changes and never took off. I still have the original prototypes that I wear often. How many remember Straight Arrow Archery?

29-Jan-20
" Presently there is a movement to unite Connecticut sportsmen and provide paid professional lobbyists to provide insight and impact in Hartford. If you belong to any sportsman's club and haven't heard this, speak up and ask them WHY NOT."

Wild Bill... what movement? (serious question, as I'm a club Liaison and would like to pass along to members of my club).

29-Jan-20
Wayne, I’m on the board of the group Bill is talking about. If you’re coming to the dinner I will fill you in.

29-Jan-20
Ace - not hitting the dinner. Message me if you want

29-Jan-20
Ace, Thank you for your participation on behalf of Connecticut sportsmen.

29-Jan-20
I'd also like to know about this movement, if someone would like to pm me and tell me about it.

11-Feb-20
Wow..blast from the past. I was invited down by Kent and got to have dinner with Pat L and his wife at the UBC banquet one year. that was a good time.

11-Feb-20
Why the PMS' about us getting a new lobbyist??? Is this some secret club. It's hard to support something no one wants to talk about. Put it out there for all to see.....just saying

14-Feb-20
"It's hard to support something no one wants to talk about. "

The work of organizing and attention to details is really the hard part. Many people find a donation somewhat easy, but personal time to commit to the cause is hard to come by.

The effort to organize has been focused on clubs, because a collection of somewhat committed sportsmen affected is concentrated there. Responsible people, who have already committed themselves in some manner within an organization, are being asked to step up their involvement. As in so many clubs, the workers are few and they understand the level of commitment required to get something done. A good cause will draw people, but another job is a tough sell. Talk is easy but time is precious to everyone, and there is much work to be done.

I, for one, am hopeful the right people will be found to move the effort to an entity that truly represents Connecticut sportsmen where it counts the most, politically.

14-Feb-20
Well said WB. And knowing ace and his crew the right people will be found and this will be a success but it just takes time and effort to get to that point.

14-Feb-20
FYI guys, the most recent "Reg Package" has been approved. It includes the Spring Turkey Season changes (all day hunting & combining State & Private land limits). And, the A & B State Land Deer seasons have been combined into one season.

14-Feb-20
ACE, are those new regulations in effect for this year? Where can you find these new regulations on the DEEP website? thanks

14-Feb-20
The new regs have not yet been posted to the website. I expect them to be in effect this year but until they are published, I won't say yes for sure. I was just told this week that they passed, and I assume they still have to go through a bit of the sausage-making process before they are considered law. I'll let you know when I hear. They only made one small change to the reg package that was rejected just before, and that had to do with regulating alcohol on State property.

14-Feb-20
Stupid to make those changes for turkey season. IMO

14-Feb-20
Thanks ACE, KEEP US POSTED IF YOU HERE ANYTHING ELSE.

• Sitka Gear