Contributors to this thread:
X-Master 29-Jan-20
Bowhunting 5C 30-Jan-20
Jeff Durnell 01-Feb-20
Bowbender 01-Feb-20
Jeff Durnell 01-Feb-20
29-Jan-20

X-Master's Link
I don't know how many of you read the Tribune Review or subscribe to Bob Frye's Everybody's Adventure series published there but here is a great article that summarizes what happened at the PGC Season's and Bag Limits meeting this past weekend. I believe that we all should belong to and support the United Bowhunters of Pa. Once again this organization has stepped up to the plate for the archers of this state. If given final approval in April,(which I believe will happen) once again the UBP has lobbied and received for the bowhunters a third week of archery bear season. They have also requested ( and in all likelyhood) will receive another week (5 days) of archery deer taking the season right up to Nov. 20th the day before rifle bear season comes in Sat. Nov.21. Don't ever think that the PGC just provides seasons out of the "goodness of their hearts". It has taken a lot of hard work and talking by the representatives of the UBP to get to where we are today. The UBP is the ONLY organization that speaks primarily for archers and bowhunters in the state. If you are not a member - please consider joining. No other organization has done more over the years for archers/ bowhunters in this state ever. It only costs $25 / year or 2 years for $48. I believe you've already got a lot of "Bang for Buck" in what they have done and will continue to do representing you and giving you a voice with the PGC in the future. It's like hunting licenses- cheap entertainment. Join if for nothing else than to say "Thank You " for what we already have. Likewise I would like to encourage all of you to email the PGC at [email protected] and comment on the proposed changes (positive or negative) to get these changes approved at the April mtg. In my lifetime, we have never had this much opportunity to pursue the sport we all love so much - These are the "Good Ol Days" of hunting in this state.

30-Jan-20
Yeah, what he just said! Life member here...

01-Feb-20
Here's the best part. "Moved opening day of squirrel season for all hunters up by a full month, to Sept. 12"

Finally, squirrel and sheepshead hunting together at long last! I'm gonna build a Yew English longbow and a .32 cal flint longrifle/pistol set in preparation. I'm going to have to reevaluate my vacation schedule.

01-Feb-20
Jeff...I would enjoy seeing pics of the .32 cal flint rifle. Would love to see archery extended to the beginning of bear, but I suspect the rifle hunters will lobby hard against it. What would be the cat's a$$, would be to extend archery and add in three days or the full week for flintlock.

01-Feb-20
Already have the barrels and curly maple for the stocks, and the yew bow is started. Got a few other projects ahead of them though. The .32 rifle barrel is 46" long, .32 pistol barrel is 11". We get lots of time for flintlock hunting if we're willing to pursue game other than deer. Same thing goes for bow hunting.

• Sitka Gear