Moultrie Mobile
Want to help with hog populations
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
Meathunter33 02-Feb-20
EmbryOklahoma 03-Feb-20
swampokie 03-Feb-20
02-Feb-20
Hey guys, hope everyone had a great hunting season. A buddy and I are planning to visit oklahoma for some off season hog hunting and was hoping for any and all advice from you locals. I'm gathering that spot and stalk might be our best bet for public land but hoping someone can point us I'm the right direction as far as where to start looking. Were also not opposed to paying a fair price for access to some public land if anyone needs help taking them out. Again any and all constructive advice is welcome!!!!

03-Feb-20
Unfortunately, Jared, this is the going rate for asking people to hunt their private land and attempt to "help eradicate" the nuisance swine. People like to bitch, but most of the problem is other people either lease it and deer hunt it. That or the landowner and their family hunts it solely and they protect it. I lease land and let my close friends and bowhunter buds come out and bowhunt them about this time every year and up until it greens and the ticks come out.

That being said, I know a few holes that hold hogs on public land. If can be of help, just PM me. Just remember, they will be where the food is. Ground is soft right now, so they'll be on the field edges and soft lying ground where they can root up their food.

03-Feb-20
There are several wmas in se Oklahoma that are covered up with pigs. The farther se in Oklahoma the better it is. Find the farthest se wma and ill guarantee u will be in pigs up to ur ears. Find a map and pick the farthest se wma...im not going to name the wma but please come help with the hog problem. March is the best month. Never any need to pay for a hog unless u want a comfortable easy hunt that u are fed well and don't have to pack or skin ur hog

04-Feb-20
Meathunter33, sorry, I can't be more help but listen to swampokie - he won't steer you wrong. In fact, think I may talk to him a little more too. Embry, got a tick off my lab this weekend when at Eufaula! Wife flipped out. She's a nurse and sees stuff I couldn't handle but took my knife and ginsu'd that bugger into about 12 pieces! Hopefully this cold front will kill some of the little bastards.

• Sitka Gear