BOHNTR 05-Feb-20
BOHNTR 05-Feb-20
osage 05-Feb-20
creed 06-Feb-20
BOWUNTR 06-Feb-20
jschaffer 07-Feb-20
cmbbulldog 09-Feb-20
02-Feb-20
I am hoping some of you may be able to help. I am going to cash in my points and try and draw archery elk in AZ this year. As a NR, I have 16 points, and while Unit 1 was my choice, point creep keeps pushing me just out of the running. So I have been encouraged to look at either 5BN (or possibly 5BS) because of the hunt dates this year, or 27. still Debating whether to go DIY or guided. My nod is to 5BN as I am looking for a bit better accessible country and solid elk number with a shot at a respectable bull.

Anyone have experience with these units and willing to share their thoughts? Which unit would you hunt if you were in my shoes? Any reservations on either of these units? Recommendations for outfitters?

Thanks!

02-Feb-20
That's a lot of points to be using on the 5 units

03-Feb-20

StickFlicker's Link

05-Feb-20
I just measured a B&C (awards) bull from 27 this past weekend. Beautiful 6x6.

05-Feb-20
I just measured a B&C (awards) bull from 27 this past weekend. Beautiful 6x6.

05-Feb-20
A few years ago I went as a caller for a buddy who drew 27 with 14 points. Called in 5 bulls over several days until a 7X7 showed up, which we got. Took from 6PM until 6AM the next day to pack him out. Don't know if I would spend a bunch on an outfitter as we would see 50 or so elk per day. Been there 3 other times on cow hunts. Calling in a bull is one thing, but peeling off a cow is dang tough. Don't know anything about the 5 units.

06-Feb-20

creed's embedded Photo
creed's embedded Photo
Here's a buddy's 5BN north bull from last year. He said it green scored 406

06-Feb-20
Holy smokes... that's a whopper. Ed F

07-Feb-20
I agree, that is huge! Thanks for sharing.

09-Feb-20
What a bull!

• Sitka Gear