Bonafide 02-Mar-20
bigcountry 08-Mar-20
Rocky D 11-Mar-20
Thisismyhandle 18-Mar-20
Oldreb 18-Mar-20
Ned 20-Oct-20
cord62 20-Oct-20
03-Feb-20
Hi everyone. I am hoping to get some good/helpful info from anyone willing to help. I'm from MA, looking to come out and DYI bowhunt on some state land for this coming deer season. Thinking second week of Nov. 2020. I've done some research via google earth and was thinking about either Tar Hollows or Hocking Hill. Any insight on either of these two state properties? We are looking to hunt for about 5 days, stay at a hotel or maybe rent a cabin somewhere for the week. Thanks in advance too....

03-Feb-20

06-Feb-20
Zaleski State Forest is 28000 acres and near is near Hocking Hills. Lake Hope State Park is basically surrounded by the forest. There are rental cabins in LHSP and a free primitive hunters camp in the State Forest near he town of Zaleski. It could be crowded at that time of year. We usually hunt the last week of October and sometimes have the place nearly to ourselves.

09-Feb-20
Thanks Roost for the great info. Much appreciated.

12-Feb-20
I just wrapped up a land search in Ohio and looked at several properties. One of them was bordering public on three sides and it was fantastic. You could easily kill a buck on the public side if you were ok with a 15 minute uphill walk. Despite bordering public the trail cam pics were shared with me and there were some dandy bucks on cam in daylight.

Better than any public I’ve seen in NY, PA, or CT.

13-Feb-20
Thanks Pat for the great info. We are kinda searching public land in Scioto County. Might take a trip out prior to season start to pre scout.

17-Feb-20
Look at Tri Valley north of Zaneville. DANNY

02-Mar-20
Check out the AEP ground, it's huge, you can download an application online, we go every year during the rut and do really well, there are some slammers there.

08-Mar-20
You guys are awesome....Thank you for all your great information. Its truly very much appreciated....

11-Mar-20
I have had better success the first week of November than the second. Albeit, the second is still an excellent time.

18-Mar-20
What's aep ground?

18-Mar-20
AEP ground is land that is/was owned by American Electric Power. For many years it was managed by the ODOW for public hunting. It totaled like 60,000 acres. A few years ago AEP decided it wanted to sell the land. The state of Ohio is in the process of purchasing some but not all of the land. Some land already purchased was turned into a state park. I believe it is called Jessie Owens State Park. The whole transaction is supposed to take place over several years. If my memory is correct the state is buying around 13,000 acres.

20-Oct-20
just be prepared for crowded woods, crossbow hunters mostly. Just saying

20-Oct-20
Old news, thread

• Sitka Gear