Will 05-Feb-20
BruceP 05-Feb-20
hickstick 05-Feb-20
Will 05-Feb-20
04-Feb-20

spike78's Link
Pretty funny watch it

04-Feb-20
Worst part is i understand what he’s saying!

04-Feb-20

04-Feb-20
Haha! Hilarious!

04-Feb-20
"Made my own saddle out of an old quilt and some amish bailing twine"

Like 8 X during this frigging hilarious video I thought the guy's from tether stole the statement from Pete :)

04-Feb-20
LMAO !! That's how it sounds listening to you saddle guys. But I am seriously considering one. What's that say about me ??

04-Feb-20
Ya, after watching that and considering my age, I was like WTF, I'm like a ten year old.

May I never grow up :)

04-Feb-20
BH3138. It's ok man. Look, it was really hard when I came out. I thought about writing a note to my spouse and kids. But that felt to informal. I mean, what would they think? I really wrestled for a long time. How do I come out of the closet and into the bright sun? This is so hard.

Then, thanks to great sites, like this, and the wonderful help of folks who are out and proud, like Hick, Pete, Drslyr, BWB22, HFSC... I decided people would accept me for who I am, I just had to be honest, with myself, first.

So I just did it. One day, having dinner, I just said to my wife: Hey, I'm buying a saddle, some ropes and sticks so I can play with my hunting buddies in the woods.

Surprisingly, she was ok with this, and supported my need to explore this part of myself fully. She even looked at some saddle video's on youtube with me, and asked if she could use it and the sticks as well!

Now we are all on board.

You can be to.

It's ok.

We all support you...

:)

04-Feb-20
Will, I totally understand you. I mean, Pete even has me thinking about sewing now. I never thought I'd admit that in front of a group of guys, especially real manly men like hunters. But here I am wondering how long it will be before I'm asking for opinions on if I should use a straight stitch vs zigzag...

04-Feb-20
It's thread injection, not sewing. Totally different.

04-Feb-20
Bruce and Will, congrats on your bravery. I mean, its 2020, what's the big deal if a bunch of guys want to swing from crotch slings in the woods together? I just wanna do deer hunting stuff with my friends.

04-Feb-20
Used to know a bunch of guys who fished with these hot-pink swim baits, and they consistently referred to the color as something like “cotton candy.”

04-Feb-20
Hot pink works, by the way.

04-Feb-20
Sorry Pete, my bad. Thread injection it is...

04-Feb-20
"I mean, how are they gonna know how much their gear sucks if I don't tell'em"

Had me laughing out loud at work.

04-Feb-20
Thanks to Pete, I bought a "speedy stitcher". I am on the slippery slope ...

04-Feb-20
Lol...I was actually on the saddlehunter thread where the term "thread injector" was coined. Lol.

I died at the "no, those are my other sticks..." part.

05-Feb-20
I’m just so happy there’s a safe space for us all at the Saddle Get Together. No judgement, discrimination or harassment. Just free to be how we want to be...with our faces looking at the tree and not looking away in shame. Saddle riders! Mount up !

05-Feb-20
Eric, speedy stitcher is the tip of the iceberg. Talk to me once you have a couple of gallon ziploc bags full of plastic and metal buckles, cams, s-hooks etc, and a box full of webbing of various widths. I can help you................... Actually, no I can't. Pete

05-Feb-20
Eric, you might be in more trouble than you know. With your new "speedy stitcher" you may be seeing me more than you really want to ;-) Heck, that's probably already true...

05-Feb-20
So wait, a "thread injector" is not a special sewing machine? I assumed that was a real "industry" name for an industrial sewing machine. If not, damn it, I'm going full in on saying all of you are saddle tailors going forward! No shame in that, my grandfather was a tailor, learned the skill in the old world, came through Ellis Island, and made a measly living with a little shop in Fitchburg. So, keep up the good work "Saddle Tailors"!

05-Feb-20
Will, men use thread injectors, women use sewing machines.

It's very similar to splicing Amsteel, you don't use an altered knitting needle, you use a fid. Way cooler...

And I'm guessing that a "speedy stitcher" is a high performance thread injector. Only for the really adventurous among us.

05-Feb-20

hickstick's Link
wow....I stand corrected...I thought this was coined on Saddlehunter...but apparently it cam to us from the Hammock camping community lol see the link (all the way in 2013)

05-Feb-20
To the top, because frankly, it's frigging hilarious!

• Sitka Gear