BruceP 05-Feb-20
Tazman 05-Feb-20
Will 05-Feb-20
bigwoodsbucks22 05-Feb-20
Proline 06-Feb-20
bigwoodsbucks22 06-Feb-20
WardensWorry1 06-Feb-20
05-Feb-20
Not the kind of deer sled you may have been thinking of. I just put custom graphics on my snowmobile last week. I bought the sled used off of someone and wanted to make it feel like mine. Got a big buck logo on the side and front. I think it came out pretty cool. Heading way up north to bosebuck camps in Maine this weekend to finally get her in some snow.

05-Feb-20

bigwoodsbucks22's embedded Photo

05-Feb-20

05-Feb-20
Not what I was expecting, but pretty cool none-the-less. Enjoy the snow.

05-Feb-20
that looks awesome. Ill be heading up with the wife and boy, to Colebrook/Pittsburgh in a couple of weeks. Seem to be the only good riding rt now, other than ME.

05-Feb-20
Looks awesome Dan. Question for you, Ive seen a number of, what I presume to be, fast sleds like that, with a "tail" that extends well past the seat. Is that to help keep the machine on the ground in certain situations or help increase traction some how? I'm sure it's got a good purpose, but I dont know anything about sleds so I cant guess what that specific reason is. Have fun on it!

05-Feb-20
Good question Will. the tunnel will normally extend as long as the track. Underneath that tunnel is a series of radiators that the snow will get thrown onto which is essentially what keeps the engine cold. Tracks lengths vary greatly, from 121" to 174". This is a 155" track which is very much consider to be a long track. This isn't a sled you would ride on trails. Its specifically designed for off-trail backcountry riding up in the mountains in deep powder. The longer track allows you to go places in deeper powder you couldn't with a short track. One of the greatest things about Maine is that 1) they allow backcountry riding and 2) there are a ton of land owners and logging companies that allow us to use their land for backcountry riding. On the contrary, NH and VT do not allow backcountry riding so my only option is to head to Maine. However, if youre looking to ride trails, NH and VT are amazing. I personally love doing both. Taz, they are saying 12-18" in that area out of this storm with a couple more possible storms next week. You might be hitting it great!

06-Feb-20
That’s great! If I see that sled I’ll know your around. Probably ride that area this Saturday the off tO Millinocket next weekend . Been a tough year for riding...

06-Feb-20
If you see me anywhere definitely stop and say hi. Yeah this winter has absolutely sucked for on-trail and off-trail. Some of the higher elevations we ride are holding 3-4' of base though and if we actually get 12-20" like the forecast is saying, it should be pretty incredible.

06-Feb-20
Bigwoods - Sled looks great. Jealous you are headed to Bosebuck this weekend. Looks like they are getting pounded with this storm the last time I checked. May be headed up to our camp (down the lake from BB) in a few weeks. Report back on the snow conditions. Have fun. WW

• Sitka Gear