Jebediah 06-Feb-20
Jebediah 06-Feb-20
Jebediah 06-Feb-20
lunker 06-Feb-20
Will 07-Feb-20
06-Feb-20

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
I cant remember who suggested Mack's Waterfowl supply for buying sticks, so just a general thanks. Ordered some last Friday and they arrived today. Free shipping, simple to navigate site, and apparently still a family owned shop out in Arkansas. Whoever suggested them, I appreciate it, and likely will buy more there when I need to mail order stuff. Worth a look if you anticipate ordering hunting stuff at some point!

06-Feb-20

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Amazed at how light and simple this whole saddle strategy is going to be, this thing is light!

06-Feb-20
I guess we have not given Will the heads up on the safety issues regarding all this light and simple saddle gear. Our bad. Carry on.

06-Feb-20
Lol Pete. Damn Will is going all in ha!

06-Feb-20
Spike, someone on here noted that saddles are so popular that if you dont like it, you could sell it for near what you bought it for... I'm trusting that :)

This purchase though, if I dont like the saddle I can sell it and my platform, keep the sticks and buy a LW stand to use.

Pete that's hilarious - I hadnt even realized I was shooting at the warning label, was just showing off my new toys :)

06-Feb-20
Will, you have to peel that sticker off, it adds weight.

06-Feb-20
Yes, but it will weaken the stick. That sticker is holding it together. Good lord Jeb, you trying to kill the guy?

06-Feb-20
Jeb, I thought about that... So I'm keeping the stickers on - as Pete notes, they are integral to the structure... But, the screws and nuts. I've replaced them all with nylon screws, nuts and washers. Saved like a pound! :)

06-Feb-20
Good thinking. I read on here that you and I ordered them same day from same place, thanks to that nice suggestion re Mack’s. Mine just arrived, too. Let me tell you, I was going to have an almost Pelosi-like tantrum if yours arrived but mine didn’t.

06-Feb-20
You know, this yellow box is heavier than I expected. Probably it’s just really heavy cardboard, right?

06-Feb-20
Yes it was just the cardboard. Really heavy. But now I have a different problem, took the sticks out of the box and they floated away. Hence the name, I guess. If they land in anyone’s yard, sorry, and I guess they’re yours now. So, time to order some more.

06-Feb-20
Wow dats light......like air or some other gaseous chemical

07-Feb-20
Sorry to hear Jeb. Next time, dont open the box outside where they can float away. Do it in the house, so you can just pull them off the ceiling... :)

• Sitka Gear