lunker 07-Feb-20
lunker 07-Feb-20
lunker 07-Feb-20
07-Feb-20
xbows...check covered that

climate....check covered that

religion/politics...check never seems to go away

GMOs.....check

hmmm, what are we missing...ah a good ole Mechanical vs fixed debate :)....no need to thank me.... LOL

anywho....

07-Feb-20
More from that guy Hick:

You could have come up with something fun, like flat earthers for example... Ha!

I think it just comes down to you and what you like. I stick a lot of rages, including 2.3" ones, into the ground on the other side of a deer. But I shoot a lot of energy/M and limit my shots to broadside or quartering away.

Just for fun, I can see trying a big old single bevel with a heavy arrow. Clearly it works. Though I'd still not take quartering to shots whether odds of busting a scap go up or not with that set up.

Maybe Ill try that. Overall though, I'm doing well with the mechs so it's hard to change. And there is a LOT of soft space where a bigger cut has advantages assuming you have a lot of energy to zip things along.

07-Feb-20
Will, watch the Ranch Fairy on YouTube. He does penetration tests on pigs in Texas and you would be amazed at penetration with a heavy set up. He has one video that has a wide range of arrow/head weights that is a great video.

07-Feb-20
Forgot to mention Rage was the worst on his tests.

07-Feb-20
Penetration tests on pigs. A little bothered that you guys watch stuff like this. Oh...... arrows. My bad.

07-Feb-20
Pete, that's messed up! I'm going to check a few out Spike - It's hard to devalue my experience with rages though... having put a 2.3" extreme in behind the last rib and out the shoulder blade on the off side 12" into the earth beyond the deer before.

But, I like messing with stuff and I haven't for a while so I'm getting a little wander lust the last few years (evidence: tree saddle)... Maybe Ill try the heavy fixed blades...

07-Feb-20
Pi thoose r fighting words

07-Feb-20
Vert bows are like Republicans xbows are like democrats

07-Feb-20
My bad I intercepted a text from Hillary to Pelosi that said " to combat the Corona virus drink a few coronas and douse yourself in cleaning products " so I started to do just that

• Sitka Gear