Tazman 10-Feb-20
Ungie01201 10-Feb-20
Huntskifishcook 10-Feb-20
Will 10-Feb-20
bigwoodsbucks22 11-Feb-20
Tazman 11-Feb-20
bigwoodsbucks22 11-Feb-20
10-Feb-20
You can't eat antlers but you can turn them into some pretty cool things. My wedding ring just came in from the jeweler today. I shot a small 6 pointer in Maine a couple years ago and ended up using one of the antlers to make a wedding ring. The ring itself is metal but the inner band you see is the antler. Pictures dont do it justice. Its really something to see in person. They did an incredible job. The coloring and grain is really neat. I know we talked about this idea in the past on here so I wanted to share the final product.

10-Feb-20

bigwoodsbucks22's embedded Photo

10-Feb-20

10-Feb-20

This is the deer it came from

10-Feb-20
Very nice. And congradulations.

10-Feb-20
that is friggin awesome! I want that. Im telling my wife, that the next time I get married, I having that done, lol. Seriously though, that is awesome. i have a good friend that is a jeweler I need to see if he does that. Very cool.

10-Feb-20
very cool! i actually need a new wedding ring...mine is destroyed. that is a good idea. who did it for you?

10-Feb-20
Nice! I had one made when I got married a couple years ago also, unfortunately the antler portion broke after 6 months. I hope yours holds up better!

10-Feb-20
That's super cool Dan - congrats on the marriage!

The ring is awesome as well, but the marriage awesomer!

11-Feb-20
Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Ungie, I got it done by "Jewelry By Johan" out of Minnesota. I did a ton of research before going with them. Like HFSC said, I have also read about some people having theirs break but from other jewelers.. The process in which Johan makes these and "seals" them is a lot different and there are countless reviews from people that have had theirs for years without issue. The antler on mine has a lifetime warranty if anything happens to it so that is a huge piece of mind. Heres the website. Their customer service was incredibly helpful as it was a lot of back and forth coming up with the final design fit and finish. https://jewelrybyjohan.com/

11-Feb-20
Bigwoods, I went on to his site, and there were some really cool looking rings, but I have a question. It says that you need to send in your antler. Did they have you send in an entire antler, or just a piece?

11-Feb-20
Since it wasn't that big and I didn't think I met the size requirements, I sent in the whole antler. That being said, I think you can just send a piece in. They just cut a piece out of mine and shipped the antler they didn't use back to me which was cool. On a side note, if the antler isn't big enough to cut a solid ring of antler from it, they will cut a piece from it and "crush" the antler down and then incorporate the antler that way. It gives it a different look but still pretty cool. To my surprise, mine ended up being big enough that they could cut a full ring from it. I do prefer that look as you get more natural coloring and grain as opposed to crushing it but it wouldnt have bothered me either way.

• Sitka Gear