Loner 14-Feb-20
Ungie01201 14-Feb-20
Ungie01201 14-Feb-20
11-Feb-20

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Text in a bit, I'm on my phone..

11-Feb-20
My parents got this for me quite a while ago at Christmas one year. I'm guessing 10-15yrs ago. I read it then, and tend to go back and read little bits here and there. It's got good info, is well written, and for the sportsman/woman, it's a really good read!

I like to read books both about hunting and fishing, and about the environment. It may be Leopold, Wulff, E.O. Wilson, or others... like the guy from Meat Eater, Steve Rinella - the book he worked on about buffalo etc is awesome.

Lets see some of your favorite outdoors related books. They could be sort of "serious" like those I just mentioned, or fun like John Gerlach's fly fishing books, which, frankly, are hilarious!

Curious what any other book nerds out there are enjoying!

11-Feb-20
Pat McManus, passed away a couple years ago, great humorous author of books and magazine articles.

11-Feb-20
Just finishing Hunting the Hard Way by Henry Hill, pretty good read if a bit outdated. Most of the shots he takes would be "unethical" today.

13-Feb-20
Robert Ruark's book, The Old Man And The Boy, written in the 50's is a classic read for young and old. It is about how hunting and fishing can be used to teach kids life's important lessons. It's a timeless work.

13-Feb-20
https://www.amazon.com/Confessions-Eco-Redneck-Learned-Gut-Shoot-Wilderness/dp/0738205036

13-Feb-20
Just bought the hunting book. It’s on its way.

13-Feb-20
if you like a bit of the exotic, any book written by Peter Hathaway Capstick is and adventure. they are mostly about hunting dangerous game in Africa...but I loved them. (he was a PH and Author)

13-Feb-20
"Urban Deer Complex"

14-Feb-20
Ungieo, That sounds fascinating. As more deer habitat is developed we have to change with the times in our hunting style. Love the quietness of the bow.I began hunting by flying into Canadian wilderness areas. When I was forced to hunt suburban deer I didn't know where to began and had to relearn everything.Still learning; it's a lifetime apprenticeship.

14-Feb-20
It's a great read Loner. I have an original copy at home. There is a 2nd one that just came out. I have it but have not read it. Very good info. about suburban deer hunting tips and strategies.

14-Feb-20

Ungie01201's Link

• Sitka Gear