Ron Niziolek 13-Feb-20
Rob in VT 13-Feb-20
Z Barebow 16-Feb-20
huntnmuleys 26-Feb-20
Bob H in NH 26-Feb-20
plenty coups 27-Feb-20
Teeton 12-May-20
12-Feb-20
Is the organization Bowhunters of Wyoming worth being a member? I ask because as a new WY bowhunter, coming from NH, the NH version was useless. Their purpose and mission statement said all the right things, but all they really did was schedule a 3D season around the clubs. Heck, one of the REQUIREMENTS is that each member club hold a bow hunter ed for NH hunters, now they allow MA clubs in....

I noticed there is an annual banquet in Sheridan coming soon and it's open to the public, is that a worthwhile event and a good way to get an intro to BOW?

12-Feb-20
Yes Bob they are. Good way to meet some folks at the banquet . You should know by now we are not like back east, lol.

12-Feb-20
I'm probably a little bias being a 30 year, life member and former President but I say it's well worth it. We are not an archery organization (3-d shoots) BOW is a bow hunting organization. We leave shoots up to our affiliate clubs. I can honestly say I have close personal friends through the whole state because of BOW. It's like family to me. Is BOW perfect ? Heck no. I've always believed you get out of an organization what you put into it. You can take any group and find faults and before long you're in a group of one (yourself). If habitat protection and enhancements, lobby efforts in the legislature to protect bow hunting and being the voice concerning bow hunting issues with the WGFD interests you then I would encourage you to check out BOW. Thanks for your interest. Jeff Capron

12-Feb-20
Bob, I can only echo what Jeff has said. We would love to have you as a member and hopefully you can make it to Sheridan for our convention. First beer is on me! Ron

12-Feb-20
wytex, let's just say the difference in the average person from NH/New England to WY is night and day! We love it here!

Wife and I will probably take the drive up the road for the day to check it out! Heck it's always worth a short drive for a free beer and hunting talk!

12-Feb-20
You'll meet a lot of great people at BOW.

12-Feb-20
I only know BOW members through the ones that post on this forum. My opinion is they work hard for the betterment of bow hunting and the wildlife in Wyoming, and that is important to me. I just joined yesterday, and I live in PA. I think it’s worth it.

12-Feb-20
How is the money used that is raised from the banquet and dues?

13-Feb-20
Thanks RON. You did mean the first round for everyone didn’t you.

13-Feb-20
Rob, Banquet money and dues cover the cost of our organization (insurance, newsletter, operating expenses). We've had years where we've actually been in the red. One thing you must realize is this is a state organization in a state where the antelope outnumber people (not a ton of members like other states)!!! Our main money focus is when we receive a WGFD commissioner tag that we sell tickets for and the proceeds go to various projects in the state (tickets for sale right now).

13-Feb-20
Well maybe not everyone, but if you and Charlotte are there, I got yours too!

Rob, over in the big game forums, if you go to the Bowhunters of Wyoming thread and read Muleysareking's post, it explains a lot of what BOW does. Thanks, Ron

Seems Jeff and I were posting at the same time.

13-Feb-20
Thanks Guys, appreciate the info. I just bought a house in Big Horn last summer. Will be another 2 years before I am a full time resident. I will be sure to join BOW soon.

16-Feb-20
Yes it is worth it. Supporting bowhunting in the west is worth it. (From an NR and BOW member) The cost for membership is minuscule in the grand scheme of life.

26-Feb-20
Ron’s buying? I’m in!!

Absolutely yes, BOW it’s worth joining. Great organization that does a lot for bow hunting in the state, and I’m proud to see that a lot of my friends are active members.

26-Feb-20
Discussed going to this with my wife, she's all in! But brought up one possible "gotcha". Our daughter-in-law is due to make us grandparents on 3/18, at which point we will be flying back to NH to meet our first grandbaby, he/she takes precedence over beer with bowhunters :-)

27-Feb-20
"Discussed going to this with my wife, she's all in! But brought up one possible "gotcha". Our daughter-in-law is due to make us grandparents on 3/18, at which point we will be flying back to NH to meet our first grandbaby, he/she takes precedence over beer with bowhunters :-)" Not a true bowhunter then. ROFLMAO :)

12-May-20
I don't pop over to the Wyoming site much and this post sure is late. But since I hunt Wyoming every few years, (will be this year) I became a member about 8 years ago. I try to support bow hunting organizations is states that I hunt frequently, as I know the importance of them. I'm also a non-resident member from Pa. I enjoy read their news letter and I'd say they are doing a very good job. Ed

• Sitka Gear