Thanks

15-Feb-20
Are the auction items up?

15-Feb-20
Not yet.

17-Feb-20
What are you looking for JR?

17-Feb-20
Nothing in Particular. Just thought my wife anf I would rejoin and I could bring her down.

18-Feb-20
Contact Justin Thaxton at [email protected] to make those arrangements. He can renew your membership and take your reservation. Provide him a means to contact you. We'll gladly take some of those retirement funds. :-)

18-Feb-20
Ok buddy. Thanks

18-Feb-20
Hope you decide to come, J.R.

23-Feb-20
Hope to see everyone at Banquet this year!

27-Feb-20
For those of you that may be looking for a hunt. Wide Rack Outfitters from Gallopilis, Ohio, has donated a 5 day Whitetail hunt, for the second week of November. There will be a minimum bid of $600. The winning bidder can bring a hunting buddy, who'll pay the same as the wining bid. A hunting buddy is not required, you can go solo. Winning bid money goes to the WVBA and the hunting buddies money goes to outfitter. Bunkhouse accommodations, food is included. Mike Connett, owner, runs a first class operation. You won't be disappointed.

28-Feb-20
Hey Greg, want to be my buddy?

28-Feb-20
Also, for anyone interested, the New Mexico bear hunt with dogs and Pinnacle Outfitters that I won last year is on the auction block. Circumstances didn't work for me to go and Alan Bennett allowed me to donate it back for auction. He can also take a paying guest along with the successful bidder. Retail value on this hunt is $3,250.

28-Feb-20
If I draw a tag, I'll be in Kansas that week , Ed.

29-Feb-20
Have the reservation forms been mailed out? I would assume they have but I haven't gotten mine.

29-Feb-20
Yes Dave, I got mine in Jan.

06-Mar-20
We got Dave figured out! There are a handful of seats still available. If you plan to attend, please let me know asap. Couple more auction items up for grabs... Hog hunt with Hoppy at Osceola Outfitters in FL. Bowfishing trip for rays with Dusk to Dawn Bowfishing in MD.

07-Mar-20
I appreciate you guys who saw my post and responded right off! Thanks a bunch Ed and Justin.

09-Mar-20
Looked on the WVBA website and there are no auction items listed.?

09-Mar-20
No, Don. They are not using the old website for anything other than reservation notices. There is a new website set to launch real soon. Other than what has been posted here it will be a nice surprise for everyone.

09-Mar-20
Thanks Ed.

09-Mar-20
I posted some of the auction items on the website. Just some of the hunts and trips to give you a sense of what to expect. My birthday is this month, so I'm hoping my wife will keep that in mind when it comes time to bid on a couple of these! : )

13-Mar-20
With all the cancellations from the corona virus I was wondering if the banquet is still on?

13-Mar-20
Still on.

15-Mar-20
Since I was not able to attend the banquet, can someone share a bit about it and maybe post a picture or two?

15-Mar-20

1buckurout's embedded Photo
1buckurout's embedded Photo
Not that it means anything to anyone else, Dave, but I had a great time. I've been attending these banquets for 40 years now and it was great to be there when my grandson had his first chance to go. He had a blast. He shot the range with his recurve, got his picture taken with Fred and Michelle Eichler and won the bid on an auction for a hog hunt with Hoppy and crew and Osceola Outfitters. He and his dad are going to go sometime this summer.

Can you imagine a kid spending time with the likes of Al Smith, Don Hoffman and .... well... me?

15-Mar-20
Jim, I really enjoyed shooting with J.W., Al and hopefully one of our future Bowhunters to carry on our great sport. Your grandson was a blast and I understand why you didn’t show up, the kid can shoot. Lol, great job as auctioneer, thanks.

15-Mar-20
Thanks for the report, Jim. I have always enjoyed your auctioneering. :o) Congratulations to the grandson on winning the hog hunt. He'll have a blast, Hoppy and crew will see to that.

16-Mar-20
Dave, as I texted on Sunday evening I really missed seeing you there. Hopefully you won't have any issues getting the Spring Voice which should have plenty of pictures. If I get a chance I might throw a few up but I don't take good pictures. The banquet was a huge success despite the "gloom and doom". We appreciated Jim stepping in to do the auction, which was kinda cool since it was the 40th Anniversary. If I could ask everyone, please keep Phil Farrington (scheduled auctioneer) in your prayers. As I understand it he was feeling ill and was driving to the hospital when he passed out and hit a telephone pole. Praying for a speedy recovery. Phil's church that he Pastor's suffered a fire just before last year's event. I hope these aren't bad omens (I'm not superstitious anyway) but I think Phil would appreciate the prayer support.

16-Mar-20
prayers sent for Phil

16-Mar-20

switchback229's embedded Photo
switchback229's embedded Photo
It was an awesome time at this years banquet. Fred is a great down to earth guy and a class act.

16-Mar-20
Switchback had deeper pockets that I did and got a great looking Mike Parrish knife and display piece for the man cave! Two thumbs up!

• Sitka Gear