mattthehairy 17-Feb-20
MiguelTheFirst 17-Feb-20
Deerdawg 17-Feb-20
Jebediah 17-Feb-20
Dale Rheaume 20-Feb-20
Deerdawg 22-Feb-20
16-Feb-20

Deerdawg's embedded Photo
This swamp grass hut sits on top of a 50ft pine grove bluff with a 180 view of the swamp. With the door facing north his chimney is setup for a good draft!
This swamp grass hut sits on top of a 50ft pine grove bluff with a 180 view of the swamp. With the door facing north his chimney is setup for a good draft!

16-Feb-20

Nice handwork on lashed bed!
Nice handwork on lashed bed!
Looks like it might be quite cozy for an overnigher! Very impressed with craftsman ship!

16-Feb-20

Wanted to curl up and start a fire. Even comes with an after dinner smoke pipe! Nicest wood crib I’ve seen in some time. Reminded me of campsite lashing projects we did in scouting. One could walk by this hill a thousand times and unless you were curious to see what was on top or you wanted the see the vantage points , one would have never seen this hut. Very well made All framed with maple whips and the grass Matt’s lashed to them. Had a chimney vent and all!

17-Feb-20
I prefer my doublebull

17-Feb-20
That is both impressive and creepy.

17-Feb-20
Figure it was better than talkin about Xbows or winter ticks. Haha I must say the site was void of any and all types of trash so who ever built it did care enough to leave little trace. We enjoyed viewing their work and moved on. But I did have thoughts of booby traps and kept an eye out for Viet Cong as I looked inside! Lol

17-Feb-20
Yes, definitely interesting. Craftsmanship pretty impressive.

17-Feb-20
Wow! You sure you didn't stumble onto Plimouth [sic] Plantation or something? Looks fabulous. I've made a few lean-tos here and there but nothing that involved.

17-Feb-20
Wait, you found that qhile out in the woods??

17-Feb-20
Yes out on a hike Maybe a military guy? Or an Eagle Scout ? It was too neat for a kid to make it. Someone with some skill made it . The lashing was too neat. Cheaper than a hotel I guess. Wrapped up in a sleeping bag I would think it would be good with the fire , there were a few big rocks just outside , they must have been his hot rocks. I’ve seen quite a few homeless camps this was not that. This was a get away pad, hell he left his pipe. He’ll be back . I hear there us a group of people out there that are into developing their survival skills, maybe it was somebody like that.

17-Feb-20
What zone?

20-Feb-20

Dale Rheaume's embedded Photo
Dale Rheaume's embedded Photo
Very nice crib for sure. I found this one last fall. Maybe his/her first attempt before going pro in your neck of the woods :)

22-Feb-20
Dale That’s what they usually look like! There was one of those right next to the one pictured. Like other guy saw it and said , oh yea I can do better than that! Built his right next to it! Maybe the kid grew up and came full circle. Few years back I found one not to far from this set that was shaped like a mummys coffin . Just big enough to slide in feet first . Maybe an aspiring soldiers

• Sitka Gear