Mnhunter1980 21-Feb-20
bigwoodsbucks22 21-Feb-20
fran 21-Feb-20
Mnhunter1980 21-Feb-20
Buckgrunt 22-Feb-20
Loner 22-Feb-20
Mnhunter1980 22-Feb-20
20-Feb-20
I always seem to be looking for my next best broadhead. Does anyone have experience with Annihilator broadheads? I really like the look of them but the cut diameter seems small. They are coming out with a wide cut version this spring and want to give them a try. Thanks.

20-Feb-20
Magnus Black Hornet Ser Razor

20-Feb-20
Fran watch the reviews by Lusk Outdoors on YouTube and he shows how big that small head cuts due to the shape of it. I’m thinking about trying them myself.

20-Feb-20
Fran, question. You and Jimbo kill a lot of deer. Why are you thinking of a change?

20-Feb-20
My broadhead is the Rage Hypodermic NC mechanical. Introduced last year with 2+ cut and no collar. A great innovation that eliminates the need for collars or bands to hold the blades in place prior to impact. I used them last season with great results.

21-Feb-20
Thanks spike I'll check it out. Proline, I shot the Wasp Havalons last year with good results but the trocar tip didn't hold up as well as I would of liked. The Annihilator is cut on contact and machined out of a solid piece of steel. It's a reusable head that looks bullet proof and easy to sharpen.

21-Feb-20
Gotcha. Was just curious. For what it’s worth I’ve shot nothing but NAP mechanicals since early 2000’s. The Spitfire Max cut on contact is a great head. Can’t even recall how many deer I’ve killed with them but have only lost one and that was my error on placement. The only downside to mechanicals is that when they pass thru and stick into the dirt they tend to not open as cleanly as they did so I toss them. I’ve got about six of them that survived the shot well and I will reuse them once I figure out to resharpen them. Haven’t found much info on resharpening mechanicals.

21-Feb-20
Never heard of them. I will check them out. I always have a hard time deviating from my tried and true NAP Spitfire Maxx, but always open to something new

21-Feb-20
Been shooting Steelforce cut on contact, fixed 3 blade broadheads fro 30 years. Harvested everything from elk,deer, bear pronghorns etc. They have the ability to go through bone on deer. Factory will resharpen them for you. Flight is exceptional great from my Matthews at 65 pounds, 28" draw. Not well known little advertising.

21-Feb-20

Dale Rheaume's Link
Fran, have you considered the VPA 3-Blade from Vantage Point Archery? Available Non-Vented similar to what your looking at but with a larger 1-1/8 cutting diameter, and easily sharpened at home on a flat stone. Maybe another option to consider. When I was researching to make my broadhead decision, I was close to settling on this one, but ultimately went the mechanical route.

21-Feb-20
I have been shooting the annihilators for about a month now. They fly well and look awesome. I plan on using them for deer this fall. I met with the owners at ATA show and saw exactly what these heads do to animals.

21-Feb-20
Gonna be shooting 200gr Cutthroats this year.

21-Feb-20
I have used both 2 and 3 blade 150 grain non vented VPA broadheads . Very solid ,reusable , and easy to sharpen.

21-Feb-20
Everyone should check out the SEVR broadheads. I dont think there is a broadhead made that is a better "best of both worlds" between fixed and mechanical. Plus you get to pick between 1.5", 1.7", and 2.1" inch cuts. The 1.5" cuts make an entry hole much bigger than the actual head too because of the "stretch cut". Entry cut is close to 2", exit hole is 1.5". You throw those 1.5's on a 500+ grain arrow and you are damn near unstoppable on bone hits. Plus the design eliminates any of the "deflection" issues that all other mechanicals have (which is why I stopped using mechanicals until these came out).

21-Feb-20
All great info thanks guys I am always interested in what other people have success with.

21-Feb-20
Miguel, those cutthroats look awesome!

22-Feb-20
I have shot Thunderhead fixed broadheads my entire hunting life, but last year in the name of trying to tighten my broadhead groups, I experimented with the G5 Deadmeat mechanicals. They definitely flew better and I shot a nice buck in NY and was pleased with the broadheads performance. One day while hunting in Mass. I looked down at the G5 mechanical and was horrified to see that one of the blades had come out of the collar and it was now open. I was able to put the blade back in the collar but this continued to happen throughout the bow season which was upsetting to me and made me lose confidence in the G5 Deadmeat. When the season ended I literally threw out the G5 and this year will return to the fixed broadheads.

22-Feb-20
the old Crimson Talons were pretty good to me some years back

22-Feb-20
I know zwickeys broadheads have been around forever but I did a little research and I will give them a try this year. They are reasonably priced and it is a family run small business from St. Paul mn so I feel it’s my duty to give them a shot. I am always looking for a solid 2 blade coc but never realized they made screw in tips.

• Sitka Gear