pronghorn21 28-Feb-20
scrapwood 28-Feb-20
Paul@thefort 29-Feb-20
stillhunter 29-Feb-20
Paul@thefort 29-Feb-20
samman 02-Mar-20
pronghorn21 02-Mar-20
21-Feb-20
I haven't seen any TV ads, newspaper ads, or billboards up around the front range encouraging voters to vote NO on the wolf. I did contact Outfront billboards to get some pricing. It's $2000-$11000 per month with a $750 art fee for one billboard. I'd be willing to head up getting a billboard up in the $2,000 range with some donations as I can't fund this myself. It seems like RMEF, SCI, Mule Deer Foundation, Colorado Guides Association, Outdoor Channel, and the Sportsman's Channel seem to not be doing anything other than telling people on their own Facebook sites the dangers of voting yes. To take me out of the picture if bowsiters do want to fund a billboard or 2 I could talk to the advertiser, who is also anti-wolf, and see if they are willing to set up a fund and when we reach their minimum months which I think is 2 then we could put up some billboards. Or maybe CBA could handle donations. Also what to put on the billboard. Obviously VOTE NO ON WOLVES but anything under that there would be room as well. I think taking the hunting angle out of the picture is the route to go and use emotional things that nonhunters relate to. Something like this: VOTE NO ON WOLVES The Moose around Winter Park Thank You or The Wild Horses of Sandwash Basin Thank You

21-Feb-20
I think this is the right idea. Key will be location. I'd be willing to donate if planned strategically.

21-Feb-20
I also bought 5000 brochures that I'm going to be putting on cars in my neighborhood and when I'm in big parking lots urging people to vote no. I think it was $225 roughly for those. If anyone wants my idea for that I could see about posting a login that people could go on and purchase their own bundle. I also haven't seen any anti wolf advertising from stopthewolf. I'm willing to donate $100 towards a billboard. It would take 48 people at $100 to put one up for 2 months in Denver. I can upload some locations and prices as well.

21-Feb-20
STW just hired/engaged Ted Harvey last week, and he's a heavyweight at this type of multi-media campaigning. He emailed me a couple days ago (regarding my concerns about the lack of any activity) and said they are getting ready to launch the campaign, and to stay tuned.

21-Feb-20
My concern was groups are asking for money and then nothing is happening. So that's why I got some quote for billboards around denver. Regardless of what any group does if a bunch on this site want to put up a billboard we could very easily or my brochure idea, which anyone could modify to their own liking. SCI said they collected $140,000 in 5 minutes from people but again those of us he live amongst the wolf lovers of Denver and Boulder have seen no action.

21-Feb-20
You will see more starting in August .It is so expensive

22-Feb-20
I think it is too early due to cost. Scott

22-Feb-20
I would hope we could raise 2k on bowsite in a day for a billboard.

22-Feb-20
There's plenty of spots for a $2,000 billboard which we could put up September and October. Cost would be $4750. I didn't ask but I think it's a 2 month minimum.

22-Feb-20
Find a private landowner along a state highway. I bet the cost would be less.

Don’t worry about exposure, the sign itself will do that.

23-Feb-20
STW is planning billboards as well.

23-Feb-20
I know a landowner along Sante Fe between Highlands Ranch and Castle Rock. He might be willing for a fee if it's permitted on that commercial piece of property.

27-Feb-20
If the yes people get their way can the Colorado guides as a group sue the voters of Colorado saying that the Wolf will destroy their livelihood?

27-Feb-20
My understanding is you can't sue for something that "might" happen. And who would they sue? The old lady across the street?

And if someone could sue for for loss of livelihood from a legal endeavor, the buggy whip manufacturers could have sued Henry Ford...

27-Feb-20
So they would have to wait until the wolf destroys their livelihood to sue the voters of Colorado.

28-Feb-20
By the Sportsman's Warehouse on I-25 would be a good location. It would give a lot of people a lot of time to read it while sitting in the daily stop & go traffic.

28-Feb-20
Salman Do you know what company has that Billboard? They are always on the bottom. Outfront is one of them and Lamar is another 1

28-Feb-20
ReThinkWolves is another group that, IMHO, has better messaging the STW. Might try to hook up with them on billboard(s)

29-Feb-20
Mike, How is RethinkWolves getting their message out? Other than their website, I have not seen anything else.

29-Feb-20
FYI: https://www.ksl.com/article/46723678/house-votes-to-ban-introduction-of-wolves-in-utah SALT LAKE CITY — Amid a few playful wolf howls by legislators, the Utah House of Representatives voted 54-13 on Friday to approve a resolution prohibiting the “artificial” introduction of the predator into Utah.

HCR19M, sponsored by Rep. Logan Wilde, R-Croydon, makes clear Utah does not want wolves and does not want to go the way of its neighbor, Colorado, which has a voter initiative later this year on the ballot for the introduction of wolves into the state.

“What Colorado is doing will have impacts on us in this state,” said Rep. Casey Snider, R-Paradise, who said he strongly supports the resolution and is in “stark opposition” to the Colorado initiative.

29-Feb-20
SALT LAKE CITY — Amid a few playful wolf howls by legislators, the Utah House of Representatives voted 54-13 on Friday to approve a resolution prohibiting the “artificial” introduction of the predator into Utah.

HCR19M, sponsored by Rep. Logan Wilde, R-Croydon, makes clear Utah does not want wolves and does not want to go the way of its neighbor, Colorado, which has a voter initiative later this year on the ballot for the introduction of wolves into the state.

“What Colorado is doing will have impacts on us in this state,” said Rep. Casey Snider, R-Paradise, who said he strongly supports the resolution and is in “stark opposition” to the Colorado initiative.

Wilde said it is important to leave the management of species to the Utah Division of Wildlife Resources, which monitors big game populations and other animals in a comprehensive wildlife plan.

“The concerns we have is every time someone introduces something artificially without science behind it ... we end up having to go in and declare that an invasive species,” Wilde said.

There are no documented cases of wolves presently in Utah.

Wilde said there are populations of the Mexican gray wolf south of Utah and the Rocky Mountain wolf north of the state, which serves as a buffer zone.

“What science has added is that if these two wolves start to co-mingle, breed together there will be a hybrid come out of this,” Wilde said.

Rep. Cory Maloy, R-Lehi, had concerns over the resolution.

“I am not sure I feel comfortable restricting the natural wolf (that) would be in this state or this area,” Maloy said.

The measure now moves to the Utah Senate

02-Mar-20
Pronghorn, no, I don't know, but I think the location would burn any message into a lot of people's mind. I hate driving that stretch of I-25. Sucks 7 days a week.

02-Mar-20
I agree. I hate that section of I-25 too. When I do work up in that area I tell people I'll be up after 8:30.

• Sitka Gear