MA_Bowhunter 22-Feb-20
drslyr 22-Feb-20
drslyr 22-Feb-20
peterk1234 22-Feb-20
Jebediah 22-Feb-20
DanaC 23-Feb-20
1SG Ret 23-Feb-20
21-Feb-20
What is the shortest distance you’ve had a deer go after shot? Any that dropped in their tracks? I wonder if this happens in the archery world. Have never seen it myself. Shortest for me would be about 30 yards.

21-Feb-20
If you spine it it will not go 20 inches. I did that last year on my first deer it was the best bad shot you can make.

21-Feb-20
I shot a small doe a couple of years ago at 10 yards . She made a little loop and dropped at the base of my tree. Probably 15 years ago my brother and I were hunting in Kentucky. He shot a six pointer in the heart at 20 yards. The buck jumped straight up in the air and fell down stone dead. He never even twiched. I've never seen anything like it with a bow. It was amazing.

22-Feb-20
Never had one drop in its tracks but, over the years, hits that took out the carotid resulted in immediate shock and deer dropping well within sight. Yes, most of the hits were unintentional. One ,in Illinois, was aimed at the chest and when the buck swung his head around to lick his haunch the arrow went through the neck and into the chest. The farmer was as amazed as I.

22-Feb-20
I hit a buck in the spine this past season. It broke the spine in half and severed the aorta. I'm not sure how he did it, but he made it 10 yards, went stiff in mid air and hit the ground stone cold dead. It certainly wasn't my best shot, but the end result worked out well.

22-Feb-20
I shot a doe a couple years ago from tree stand as she was bedded 15 yds in front of me threw the heart and stuck her to the ground never did more than a kick or two

22-Feb-20
I once shot a doe at 10yards through the aortic artery. Complete pass thru. She jumped up, ran the 10 yards to stand directly under my treestand, and stood there. I reached for another arrow until I saw the blood spurting out like you see in some hospital show. She quickly toppled over and that was that. I had to maneuver my climber so didn't end up stepping on her when I got down! No tracking.

I am pretty sure she never felt the arrow and was scared when the arrow hit the dirt on the other side of her. Overall, a cool harvest.

22-Feb-20
I shot a small buck one yr. about 200yds. in. He took off run-in full bore. Died 10ft from the edge of the rd. Easiest drag ever.

22-Feb-20

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
I shot a small buck one yr. about 200yds. in. He took off run-in full bore. Died 10ft from the edge of the rd. Easiest drag ever.

22-Feb-20
Zero. Quartered away. Arrow went through then pinned the front farside leg. Toppled over and never moved.

22-Feb-20
There is a YouTube video of a guy shooting one which takes off and eventually drops right next to his truck. He is overjoyed.

23-Feb-20
About 75-80 yards.

23-Feb-20
With a bow I had a buck run maybe 20 yards he ran further but he circled back. With a rifle I’ve had a number of them drop where it stood. This past season I shot a nice 8 and the way he ran away I thought I missed. He turned and ran back where he came from and back into the tree line. When I walked to the shot point no blood and on the path that he ran there wasn’t any blood I went back to the blind sighted through the scope everything was fine. Mad at myself for missing an easy shot. But when I walked to the tree line where he went in there he was. What is the craziest thing is the bullet went through his heart and and blew out his left lung like completely destroyed it he should not have taken a step. They are amazing animals.

• Sitka Gear