joeyskimoey 19-Oct-20
Huntskifishcook 25-Oct-20
MA-PAdeerslayer 26-Oct-20
24-Feb-20

Wapiti or Bust 's embedded Photo
Sorry it’s upside down
Wapiti or Bust 's embedded Photo
Sorry it’s upside down
Back strap, olive oil, salt. Nothin else.

24-Feb-20
I see a lemon. Ha

25-Feb-20

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Top round steaks

25-Feb-20
Don’t hate on my citrus

25-Feb-20

Dale Rheaume's embedded Photo
Dale Rheaume's embedded Photo
Those dishes look wonderful guys! Nothing get my 12 yr old daughter out of bed faster on a Saturday morning than backstrap steak and eggs (coddled in butter)!

Does anyone have a good recipe for a neck roast? I'd like to prepare that one special for a weekend family night.

26-Feb-20

Huntskifishcook's embedded Photo
Looking good boys!

Taco night here. Braised shanks with adobo lime sour cream.

27-Feb-20
everything looks great.. that braised shank taco looks amazing.

27-Feb-20

Ungie01201's embedded Photo
Ungie01201's embedded Photo
Chicken Parm with Venison Bolognese and Venison Meatballs

28-Feb-20

lunker's embedded Photo
lunker's embedded Photo
Aarr aarr aarr

28-Feb-20
Lunker, That's a clip it horns ,wipe its ass, and through it on the plate kinda steak.LOL Just the way I like them.

28-Feb-20
Does anybody have a good beef stew recipe? I have some stew meat to do something with.

28-Feb-20

xi's embedded Photo
Forgot plate pics !
xi's embedded Photo
Forgot plate pics !
Poor Man's Wellington !

02-Mar-20

Skippah's embedded Photo
Skippah's embedded Photo
Fajitas

04-Mar-20
Venison Stew Stew meat browned in onions, garlic , mushrooms and oil oil or butter. Carrots, Celery, green beans, potatoes diced add with a beer and beef stock, Season with liquid smoke, salt pepper soy sauce and Montreal steak spice. Cook for 4-6 hour on medium heat Hot pepper if you wish. I had really good dish I never had before last weekend fishing Crock pot Back strap roast Cover with cream of mushroom soup cover with strips of bacon cooked 8-10 hours. It was delicious, mushroom bacon gravy and venison how can that not be great! I’m going to try it for my self soon.

04-Mar-20
Venison Stew Stew meat browned in onions, garlic , mushrooms and oil oil or butter. Carrots, Celery, green beans, potatoes diced add with a beer and beef stock, Season with liquid smoke, salt pepper soy sauce and Montreal steak spice. Cook for 4-6 hour on medium heat Hot pepper if you wish. I had really good dish I never had before last weekend fishing Crock pot Back strap roast Cover with cream of mushroom soup cover with strips of bacon cooked 8-10 hours. It was delicious, mushroom bacon and gravy

05-Mar-20

EBow10's embedded Photo
EBow10's embedded Photo
Smoked venison pastrami and mozzarella stuffed cherry peppers

05-Mar-20
Whoa

15-Mar-20

Made a few batches of "quarantine lasagna" this morning, made with ground venison, of course.

15-Mar-20
That looks awesome!

22-Mar-20

xi's embedded Photo
Yea, it's Bacon !
xi's embedded Photo
Yea, it's Bacon !
Stay healthy everyone !

27-Mar-20

I don't know about you guys, but we have been chowing down during this quarantine. Tonight we had venison bottom round with cauliflower puree and a variety of roasted veggies.

27-Mar-20
Very nice

27-Mar-20
Yummy!!!!

28-Mar-20
Holy cow HFC. A lot of the pictures you put on here look like they’re from a restaurant I can only dream of going to. Anyone want to see a picture of my venison burgers?

28-Mar-20
Jeb, post it up! Nothing wrong with burgers. I'm huge fan of venison burgers, I eat atleast one a week.

28-Mar-20
Ha! I agree, I’ll never turn down a burger. And I have the physique to prove it. But cooking up some venison burgers right now would involve moving the ton of frozen supplies piled on top of it, thanks to my wife, who began preparing for the apocalypse when the store didn’t have flour.

28-Mar-20

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Ok all I could think of after writing that note was venison burgers. So I dug through the sea of frozen vegetables and a shocking amount of ice cream, and thawed some out. Evidently if everything goes to hell we’re living on ice cream.

02-Apr-20
Yeah I noticed the store had no ice cream at all you guys except for dairy free which funny enough is the only thing we buy due to allergy.

02-Apr-20
My wife bought it all, sorry.

03-Apr-20
Been cooking Quite a bit, gained 10 pounds since quarantine started. Time for a new venison dish! Maybe I’ll try makin venison meat pie or a pocket type smaller version. I got some flako pie crust mix for the wrap. Thinking ground venison and pork, diced potato and onion, peas and carrots with S&P, savory for filling . Will Bake them on the grill if rain stops

03-Apr-20
Just for amusement, let me mention what I put in those burgers the other day. Salt, pepper, steak sauce, honey, and vanilla. It was interesting. But they got eaten, so I guess not bad. A lot of these dishes on this web site are pretty inspirational, need to up my game.

03-Apr-20
Jeb, when I think of my own culinary ability, I appreciate your burgers. But some of Joe's stuff looks sooooo good...

03-Apr-20

Deerdawg's embedded Photo
Venison Meat Pies
Venison Meat Pies
Well got 5 pies and a couple of pockets out of 3 lbs ground venison, 2 lbs of ground pork 1.5 lbs of ground beef, diced potatoes carrots onion and green peas. Water , breadcrumb , savory , sage,salt, pepper, & liquid smoke, and brown gravy mix all cooked and filled in a Jiffy crust . Delicious with a glass of wine. Was well worth the effort. This one ‘s for all you pie eaters out their! I wanted to do pockets but the Juffy crust is more of the pie type not so much for pockets. Great comfort food!

09-Apr-20
I have more rainbow trout than I can shake a stick at so it was time to get creative. I filleted a couple of them up and sliced them into cubes. Then grabbed a jar of my pressure canned potatoes and fired up the fryer. Potatoes went in first. Then worked on the fish. Egg wash, then rolled the fish in my homemade batter consisting of flour, garlic powder,salt, paprika, pepper flakes, parsley, black pepper and ground coriander. Into the fryer it went. Threw in potatoes again with each batch of fish (twice fried is the secret to potatoes). Served with tarter sauce and ketchup.

Oh man. Fish tacos are still my favorite but this is a very, very close second.

Pete

10-Apr-20
Wholly smokes Pete... My family would love to have a treat of a dinner like that.

You guys are amazing cooks!

10-Apr-20

ARLOW's embedded Photo
ARLOW's embedded Photo
2 lbs bambi burger, 2lbs bambi stew meat. 18 hours in the crock pot. Heaven......

10-Apr-20
ARLOW, that looks awesome!

10-Apr-20
Looking good Arlow! I think you probably could have fit a few more teaspoons in your crockpot lol.

10-Apr-20

peterk1234's embedded Photo
Multi faceted dinner tonight. First Fried trout. Second backstraps. Third, pressure canned carrots which will be thrown on a skillet and caramelized with brown sugar.

10-Apr-20
Arlow, obviously missing another ingredient. Not quite a full cooker. Honestly, just enjoy the harvest, and life !

10-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Today's smoker meal, Brined Brown Trout. Ah, great way to decompress !

10-Apr-20
Okay, you need to elaborate on the brined brown trout.

11-Apr-20

Homemade wheat ravioli filled with a seasoned ricotta, topped of f with venison meatballs and homemade tomato sauce that we canned in the fall.

11-Apr-20

New Smoker works great
New Smoker works great
Smoked up some chicken thighs and marinated venison flank steak on the smoker. On the grill we had some venison tip kabobs, blackened sweet potato with roasted zucchini summer tomato garlic and onions . Really loved the smoker flavor, thighs and flank were delicious. Mm mm good beans!

12-Apr-20

Public land hunter's embedded Photo
Public land hunter's embedded Photo
Turkey Pastrami is about done! 5 day brine, 12hr soak, tied it together to keep in moist and manageable, 24hr sit in the rub, and smoked at 225 for 4hrs. Foil wrapped and steaming in beer in the oven now for an hour, then a 30 min resting period to cool and soak in the flavors. Can't wait see how it turns out!

12-Apr-20
Keep us posted on that turkey pastrami.

12-Apr-20
Turned out good! Kind of a mix between regular pastrami and smoked turkey.

17-Apr-20

BruceP's embedded Photo
BruceP's embedded Photo
Lunch today. I HATE fish bones, and after way too many years I finally learned how to fillet trout boneless. Now I'm off to go get some more...

17-Apr-20
BruceP, nice fillets!

I am pretty good at getting those floating bones out. But it bugs me to cut away meat. I have been cooking them whole in a lot of butter. Meat just falls off the bones.

I have to admit though, filleting them and sacrificing some meat, rolling them in a flour batter, then tossing 'em in hot oil is hard to beat. Top it off with homemade french fries. Yum.

I froze about fifteen rainbow. Just had the first two yesterday. Wasn't sure what to expect. I have to say, they were quite tasty. I was really surprised.

Pete

17-Apr-20
Pete, I've always called them pin bones, I think we are talking about the same thing. If we are talking about the same bones you can buy little tweezers designed to pull them out after the fish is filleted without sacrificing meat. I've even used tiny needle nose pliers, although on brook trout and rainbow sized fish you are better off using the tweezers designed for it. I know a company called Global sells a real quality product. When you get good at it you can have every bone removed in seconds.

17-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Peter, my apologies to you. I didn't see the request for the Trout brine. I have a Grilla grill Silverback smoker. The recipe was from the traeger site, but all I did was Google smoked Trout.

17-Apr-20
HFC, yep.... those are the bones. I heard folks will pluck them out. Hate to waste meat :)

17-Apr-20
On one of the fillets I tried to carve the pin bones out. But on the other I just left them there and tried to run the knife down the middle of them to just cut them in half (saw that on youtube) because I don't like wasting the meat either. Let me just say I'm probably about the pickiest person you'll ever meet when it comes to fish bones and I ate the whole thing, couldn't even tell they were there. I think next time I might try the needle nose plier method and see how that works. Or maybe just cut them in half again since that seemed to work pretty well and didn't waste any meat.

19-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Smoked bacon wrapped jalapenos on the Grilla. Deerdawg, Peter, you guys stopping in, pools open !

19-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Ok, after the Jalapeno bites, it was on to the meat. Cherry smoked pork tenderloin !

19-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Ok, so word has been handed down from the "Commanding Staff". Pi, Will, PeterK, Deerdawg and Spoonie. Until further notice, all White Chocolate bunnies will be used for fondue with Blackberries !

19-Apr-20
White chocolate fondue. I'm impressed!

20-Apr-20
Xi, what ? No recipe ? They look delicious, did beef short ribs and a back strap roast , on smoker, none left, no pics. But it did happen! Lol Some really good dishes on heat!

21-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Ok, the pork recipe is boring. Both pieces in a ziploc bag, soft orange that the kids wouldn't eat so I squeezed all the juice out into the bag. Splash of Worcestershire sauce, appx 1 teaspoon of ground Montreal seasoning. Smoked to an internal temperature of 150° pulled and let sit for approximately 15 minutes. Just finished bacon for the kids, set at 350°.Cooked to desired crispness.

21-Apr-20
Ok, the white chocolate looks awesome, but how is it that at the ripe age of 46 I never new you could (perhaps should) cook bacon on the grill! MENSA level Genius there!

21-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
Go easy !
xi's embedded Photo
Go easy !
Maple shots ! So we have completely tried to eliminate junk foods in the house since the whole home schooling started. Well today at afternoon snack the kids wanted "Maple Strawberries". Little did I know they were pounding the syrup before Math.

25-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Goodnight future "Turkey leg tacos", see you in the morning !

26-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Well Tacos turned to soup. Slow cooked the legs overnight in chicken broth. Finished processing the meat and had all the left over liquid. Well what should I do, drained, strained and filtered into a bowl. Back into the slow cooker with carrots, potatoes, onions, celery and garlic until cooked added noodles and Turkey to finish cooking. Wind and rain at 46°, gonna sleep well tonight !

26-Apr-20
You guys are killing me. We are now in FLA until June because of the Virus and all of our venison is in the freezer back home. On the plus side we are eating a lot of fresh snapper down here caught by me and a nieghbor.

HFC if I wasn't married I think I would propose to you just to eat your food! Big time man crush!

01-May-20

Last night's dinner. Venison backstraps cooked in the oven until internal temp hit 125 degrees with a suace made of sirocchi sauce and balsamic vinegar. Wife's homemade baked beans. Homemade french bread.

01-May-20
Brooktrout, hahaha!

01-May-20
Pate anyone? I’ve always wanted to try making a venison pate so I did. Smoked a couple of deer hearts then put them in a processor with precooked oinions, garlic , salt pepper and Worcester shire sauce. Packed in a bread dish to cool. Dust top with more pepper and chill overnight. With some good cheese, wine or beer , it’s a good! Pete , how bout those beans, got a recipe? I’ve been thinking to cook BEANS lately. You use a crock and soak them?

02-May-20

Deerdawg, that pate sounds awesome. I smoked some rainbow trout and made some. Came out awesome. Will have to try the heart.

Baked beans. My wife is using this one. Fantastic. She does tend to throw some paprika into it to jazz it up.

02-May-20

Vension neck stew. This has become one of my favorites. Having with some bread I just baked. Washing it down with some homemade vodka infused with fresh oranges. Good times.

02-May-20
And that's why I'm a Minor league player. Ain't America great !!!!!

02-May-20
Lol that’s a good feast! That vodka sounds very interesting mmm good! Brisket on the smoker tomorrow!

03-May-20

No pics of brisket But a pork loin and backstrap loin smoked were delicious!

03-May-20
Dawg, liver pate is great also. I have a really good recipe for it that I can post up when I can dig it up.

04-May-20
Hunts After I smoked them I tasted and it was more gamey than when cooked in skillet so I decided to go Pate. I used to keep the liver but not lately. Heard it may not be safe to eat, and nobody else but me would eat it.

04-May-20

I have been curing a piece of lean pork for over two weeks. I have done the pork tenderloins before but never the inexpensive lean cut. It is the one that is about two feet long and around $1.50 per pound usually in the supermarkets. I usually buy it for my dog. Said to myself, "self, I bet if you cure it, smoke it and smear it with paprika and garlic powder, it will make one hell of a cold cut". Yup.

Then I took my second batch of ground wild turkey, venison, bacon and pork and made some hot sausages. Into the smoker to finish it off.

At some point I will stop the madness and eat instead of cook. It has really cut into my reloading time. Also trying to figure out how I will ever find the time to work again. :)

05-May-20
Baked Beans and smoked sausages up next. Boy those smoked Trout and Stuffed Jalapeños looks delicious. Almost striper season, anyone eva smoke a stripper? Lol no for real?

17-May-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Venison pastrami bruschetta on rye with Swiss and provolone, thanks Gentlemen !

17-May-20
Ebow stuffed... Daa daa daa wow! You all are amazing. Great stuff. Down to one pastrami in the freezer after my son thawed one last Friday. I need to be a good little squirrel this bow season.

18-May-20
Xi, that looks like a tasty sandwich!

18-May-20

turkey sweet sausages

18-May-20

Huge fish fry last night! Deep fried crappie (and a perch) with french fries.

18-May-20
You guys and these recipes make me feel like I haven't been living , just existing. Venison neck stew with vodka infused with orange as the rinse, Peter that's creative. Cooking is a beautiful free expression for sure.

21-May-20

xi's embedded Photo
225° with cherry smoke, until done
xi's embedded Photo
225° with cherry smoke, until done
OK, yesterdays dessert after supper. Smoked pineapple slices. Ah, yea there killer !

21-May-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
Enjoy
xi's embedded Photo
Enjoy
All done, 4hrs

22-May-20
Xi Those pineapple slices are delicious with a variety of foods for sure , never thought of ice cream though! Looks delicious I smoked up some slice eggplant tossed with oil oil and spice delicious! The sweet potato with OOil and cinnamon, peprika and Cajun spice has been a big hit too! I got to go catch some stripers and try smoking it.

11-Jun-20

Grilled back strap with mixed spring veggies from the garden and fennel frond puree. For you guys with gardens give fennel a try, it's so much fresher and sweeter than the store bought crap.

Xi, I'm a huge fan of smokey flavors with dessert.

12-Jun-20

xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
xi's embedded Photo
I'd rather be lucky than good. Pulled off a bacon wrapped jalapeno, baked potato with bacon supper. Perfectly timed.

12-Jun-20
HFC are you a trained chef ? The presentation is great and the B-strap looks fantastic! All you guys make some amazing dishes . Loner I agree with you I cook caveman style compared to these guys.

12-Jun-20
Fran, I am. You guys knock down the big bucks, I figure my cooking can help me earn my keep around here haha. Nothing wrong with caveman style either. I can't tell you the number of times I've come home late and essentially eaten a huge steak with my bare hands.

19-Jun-20

Well, sometimes you knock it out of the park, other times experiments go horribly wrong. This one looks good, but was the driest piece of meat I've ever eaten. Venison bottom round pounded out real thin, with a real classic French sausage, also made from venison and wrapped in bear caul fat. Cooked sous vide for about 6 hours, then seared in a pan. My wife took one bite, spit it out and said, "you win some, you lose some." Lol. It's better on sandwiches today smothered in mayo, but far from great.

19-Jun-20
HFC, grind it up and use it mixed in with scrambled eggs for breakfast. Better yet, grind it up and use it in a homemade lasagna.

19-Jun-20
Good ideas, Pete, but I sliced up the rest for lunch sandwiches already. Having to cook it to 143 to avoid the possibility of trichinosis with the bear fat was the downfall of that dish.

19-Jun-20
HSFC... As my dad once said to my mom, at Thanksgiving dinner none the less, regarding her first attempt at pumpkin cheesecake: "Well, it wont make you sick." Bahhh ha ha ha!

Seriously though, you get points on that just for presentation. It looks amazing. I'd err to the options the guys noted, good use for that meat.

Off to make Shrimp Cakes for dinner :)

19-Jun-20
Haha! Will, this was probably about as good as your mom's cheesecake.

19-Jun-20

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
Yummy shrimp cake dinner.

19-Jun-20

BruceP's embedded Photo
BruceP's embedded Photo
Don't even need to say what this is...

20-Jun-20
BruceP, you cooked that one to perfection!

20-Jun-20
Bruce, whats the super yummy looking crust created from? Looks AMAZING!

20-Jun-20
Bruce, nailed it!

20-Jun-20
Will, it was essentially bow and spears recipe. The rub is

2 tbs black pepper

1tsp ground coriander

1 tsp garlic powder

1 tsp caroway seed

The ingredients are the same as his, the amounts might be a little different. The original calls for 3tbs black pepper, I used 2 and could maybe even reduce it a little more, it's pretty peppery. Probably depends on the size of the roast, this one was kind of small. If you like black pepper you'll love it, if not then you'd probably want to alter the rub some.

20-Jun-20
Pete, someone gave me a smoker and this was my first time using it. To be totally honest I think I got lucky. We'll see if I can repeat it next time.

One thing is for sure, butchering deer just got a whole lot easier. Whereas I never used to save any as roasts now I'm gonna devote as much for pastrami as possible.

Thank you B&S for turning us on to this!!!!!

20-Jun-20
Bruce - check out "Franklins BBQ" on YouTube. There's a few pointers in there that will help you be an expert. I'm smoking ribs right now on my pellet smoker

21-Jun-20

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
Saved my last 2 backstraps for Father’s Day and some top round.

22-Jun-20
Thanks noob, I'll check it out. The pastrami came out great but I am extremely far from being an expert, or even feeling like I really know what I'm doing...

01-Jul-20

Bowbob's embedded Photo
Bowbob's embedded Photo
Bacon wrapped backstrap bites. They didn't last long!

05-Jul-20

bowandspear's embedded Photo
BruceP that's strong work on the Strami! After shellfishing with the family here in the Quahog Republic, we celebrated America's Birthday with ol school Clam Bake.

05-Jul-20
These don't duck the string or swing in downwind of ya...

05-Jul-20

More venison burgers...

06-Jul-20
Wow B&S that looks delicious. Had some mussels in a apple smoked bacon cream sauce with garlic , butter and they were the best I ever had. Oh and a side of oysters to wash it down, so good!

06-Jul-20
B&S, that looks great.

09-Jul-20

My wife made venison Shepard's pie with all sorts of veggies from the garden: kale, cabbage, carrots and the first new potatoes of the season. Man was it good.

09-Jul-20
Looks good

11-Jul-20
HSFC, WOW

11-Jul-20
BruceP, what is the best cut for venison pastrami?

14-Jul-20
I’ve done about 14 plus of only rear quarter roasts . Trust your thermometer don’t over cook, they dry out . I cut off allsiverdine, when smoked it gets tough, slows absorbiton of brining and smoke. Because it’s sliced thin it’s all pretty tender. An au Ju broth is a good add.

14-Jul-20

Bowbob's embedded Photo
Bowbob's embedded Photo
Pan seared sea scallops topped with quohog stuffing

15-Aug-20
This one was too good not to pass on to you guys- Got the call from a Buddy who went out for tuna and wanted to share the bounty as we always do.

Long Fin Tuna Steak Brunch Fired up the grill to get it HOT, prepped the poached eggs and bernaise sauce while the grill was heating up. Made multigrain toast on the grill, grill temp was in the 400/450 deg range, put theses on the grill 2/mins per side. Toast points on the plate, thin layer of bernaise to cover, remove steaks from the grill, poached egg X 3 ( one for each slice) LFT steak in the middle, poached egg on top and drizzle bernaise on top. Off the chart good. Steaks were perfectly opaque on the outside, Sushi red in the middle and the melody of flavor was epic. I will try this with striper as soon as I get the truck put back together after hitting a deer on Wednesday morning. Just waiting on front headlight assembly. Windshield replaced yesterday, and I should be back on the water by Wednesday!

15-Aug-20
Sound delicious, Q. Not much is better than tuna steaks fresh from the water.

20-Aug-20

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
I'm very proud of this meal I made last night for my family.

A chuck roast from my buck last year, 48 hours in the sous vide then seared on the grill. And a salad with lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers from my first attempt at planting a garden. Along with a side of steamed beans from the garden. The first time in my life I provided a meal for my family with all the ingredients coming from my and my wife's own hard work. Truly satisfying.

20-Aug-20
That's what I'm talking about, Les! Sure is satisfying.

20-Aug-20
That’s awesome Les

19-Sep-20

Les's embedded Photo
Les's embedded Photo
Yellow perch, grey squirrel, red cherry tomatoes.

Redneck Surf-n-turf

19-Sep-20
Nice! I. Watching some yellow perch trawlers go by right now! A whole fleet.

19-Sep-20
Les, that rules!

19-Sep-20
Looks great! I've wanted to shoot some squirrels for years and just never get around to doing it.

22-Sep-20

Venison shepherds pie. Trying to clear out the freezer—I’m an optimist.

28-Sep-20

Prime rib Jerkey on the smoker.
Prime rib Jerkey on the smoker.
Making room in the freezer so I made up 5 lbs of ground venison prime rib jerky, 5lbs of whole meat venison mandarin teriyaki and 3 rear quarter roasts for pastrami’s are in the cure process up for smoking soon! Trying to fund the right jerkey recipe and process to make has been a chore. I’ve tried dehydrating, pellet smoker and electric smoker so far. I think the pellet smoker is leading. It doesn’t take as long as electric or dehydrator and u get motored smoke flavor as well. Any one out their have a good recipe?

03-Oct-20

The Three Amigos getting Smoked
The Three Amigos getting Smoked
Say Hello and Good buy to the last. If the 2019 venison pastrami roast ! They won’t be around long. Time to refill soon.

05-Oct-20

What’s a Buck got to do to become a. pastrami?
What’s a Buck got to do to become a. pastrami?
We’ll the three amigos came out delicious and were given to my three Amigos who helped me with the deer today.! Thank u men!

12-Oct-20

MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
MA-PAdeerslayer's embedded Photo
Last package of steaks for 2019....time to reload..

13-Oct-20

Sliced a quarter thick mix rub cure really well into meat . 2-3 hours on smoker 5lb batch fits on smoker keep turning them @ 200. -250
Sliced a quarter thick mix rub cure really well into meat . 2-3 hours on smoker 5lb batch fits on smoker keep turning them @ 200. -250
Whole meat jerky on smoker Mandarin Teriaki was the winner with the Prime rib a close second

13-Oct-20

joeyskimoey's embedded Photo
French roast comin up for a birthday dinner this week. Wife's sister is a vegetarian, but eats the deer I kill. Works for me.

18-Oct-20

No better way to cook North Woods Grouse, camp style. Cook 1 lb of bacon in cast iron pan, then dredge grouse in corn meal , s + p then fry in bacon grease. When done, drain grease, add bacon and fried grouse back to pan and a touch of something green (sage) to make it look healthy.

18-Oct-20

Finally cooked this up this weekend.

18-Oct-20
Joey I'm drooling

18-Oct-20
Looking good guys!

18-Oct-20
Dang Joey. That looks delicious. Backstrap attached to the ribs still??

19-Oct-20
Ya. It’s called a French Roast. Check out some of the Meateater kitchen stuff. Cal shows how it’s done although I think he did a bad job at butchering it, but you’ll get the point. It’s typically a fancy type thing because it’s a little extra work. Presentation is nice though.

25-Oct-20

Found the very last piece of venison from last year at the bottom of the freezer. A mystery cut I hadn't labeled for some reason. Maybe a slab cut from the ribs that was supposed to be ground, not really sure. Braised it down with cider and maple then cut the whole thing up and reduced it down with the braising liquid until it was a thicker glaze. Served it over root veg and squash from the garden. With a totally empty freezer the pressure is really on now!

26-Oct-20
Anyone on here use a pellet smoker???

• Sitka Gear