PowellSixO 05-May-20
Knothead 05-May-20
Heat 05-May-20
AZBUGLER 06-May-20
Knothead 06-May-20
StickFlicker 10-May-20
Unit 9er 29-Jun-20
28-Feb-20
Lets hear who got a tag !!! Congrats to all who do !

28-Feb-20

28-Feb-20
I'll break the ice. Card just got hit! Will be either September archery bull or cow in 3A-3C. Won't know which until draw results are posted.

28-Feb-20
Depressing time of the year for us NR guys...lol

28-Feb-20
Hell not only the NR guys !!! ????

28-Feb-20
Hell not only the NR guys !!! ????

28-Feb-20
nothing for me.

Terry

28-Feb-20
Nothing yet

29-Feb-20
Card got hit... NR first year putting in.

29-Feb-20
Congrats HuntFreak! My first AZ hunt was a 5BS tag with zero points. That was 12 years ago and nothing since. I'm still hoping for something this year

29-Feb-20
Card hit for grandson's youth elk tag.

29-Feb-20
I got hit. not sure which hunt though

01-Mar-20
After 16 years I am sort of resigned to the facts of the Arizona draw. Oh well back to the depression meds for a few months. Need to ask my tax guy if I can deduct my fees as donations. Congrats to those that did draw hope you have great hunts. Yes I am a NR.

01-Mar-20
nothing for me after 11 years going to be to dam old before it happens!!

01-Mar-20
I feel you elk assasin and bigbuck. We are in "no mans land". Enough points for mid tier unit but a long way away from premier units. I keep hoping I'll be one of the lucky ones!

For me I have a back up plan and will most likely go to BC for Moose.

01-Mar-20
I have been told by many NR's that AZ's "mid-tier" hunts are better than other states best hunts. I know it is easy for me to say because I am a 50+ year old AZ resident but I say, hunt now while you can. Some of you probably could have hunted AZ 2-3 times already with as many points as you have. Not judging just recommending.

I was fortunate to hunt antelope with Bill "BB" Allard in Wyoming in 2011. Because of his generosity, I am willing to pay it forward and help other NR's that draw AZ. I actually think there are lots of AZ residents that would be willing to help/advise through PM's. I don't know everything about every unit in AZ but I can probably give good starting points and other details (gas, food, showers etc) about many units. Good Luck to everyone that drew. John

02-Mar-20
Is the AZ draw complete in one day (last Friday)? Will there be any additional draws today?

02-Mar-20
Nothing to declare...... but, my 12 year old daughter drew a juniors hunt. That’ll be a good time.

03-Mar-20
AZBUGLER- congrats to your daughter. I was really hoping my son drew this year myself. He's 17 and a Jr. I'd like to get him out prior to college.

03-Mar-20
Thanks trperk! I have a 17 year old too. I’m going to get him out for one last turkey hunt hopefully.

03-Mar-20
Have a hit for an archery antelope tag!

05-Mar-20
I'm in.. yahooooooooooooooooo

05-Mar-20
Looks like I will be hunting around the Kingman and Haulapai reservation. This will be an elk hunt I won’t soon forget!

05-Mar-20
Results are posted.

15-Mar-20
Nada. Going to Colo for the otc archery hunt. Pard needed.

23-Mar-20
KNOTHEAD i SENT YOU A PM.

ETR

30-Mar-20
Has anyone received their tag yet? I haven't and I'm wondering if there is a problem.

30-Mar-20
Have not received either.

30-Mar-20
Just heard they cancelled all hunts in odd numbered units (1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, etc) in order to be inline with social distancing rules. Game & Fish said there are no refunds and people can't get their points restored. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news Marvin.

On the bright side, I do know someone that has an even numbered hunt that is in need of a videographer/packer/camp cook/flat tire repairman & fire starter.

30-Mar-20
My next door neighbor got his 11M tag in the mail today. ROCK ON !

31-Mar-20
Knothead, that’s just wrong! Lol

31-Mar-20
Knothead, you're two days early posting that notice!

15-Apr-20
Late to the party, but I pulled a September 4a bull tag this year. September can't come soon enough!

03-May-20
Congratulations PowellSixO! Great year to have a tag.

05-May-20
Thanks AZBUGLER. Getting to know the unit more and more already. They dropped the tag numbers this year, and the water is good in the unit. It should make for a good hunt. Hoping to get a big one this year.

05-May-20
I drew the NM Valle Vidal OIL muzzy elk hunt Oct 10-14. Twenty total tags issued for the hunt. Two go to NR guided and one goes to NR unguided. I drew the unguided. First time ever applying and it was my 2nd choice. Crazy lucky and now I just lay in bed every night thinking about it.

05-May-20
Wow Knothead, Big Congrats man!

06-May-20
Holy crap! That’s awesome Knothead!

06-May-20
This year has been a true blessing. I almost and let me emphasize the word almost, feel guilty because I also drew a 6a early archery bull elk tag and a 6a antelope hunt. The hunts actually overlap. My intention is to hunt both of them with a bow and arrow but we'll just have to see how strong I am. I may have to drop all my long guns off at a friends house so I am not tempted. Depending on how I do in AZ & how much time I have to hunt in NM, will determine what weapon type I hunt NM. I have been applying for elk since 1980 and in all that time I have never applied for any sort of gun elk hunt until I applied for NM this year.

10-May-20
John, as far as dropping your guns at a friend's house, too bad none of us could be trusted to give them back!

29-Jun-20
Knothead- sorry to inform you, but the elk move off the Valle Vidal usually around October 9th! HAHA You ain't gonna have a problem killing a bull with a bow there, as long as you're not too picky, which I'm sure you won't be after your Az hunt! Good Grief, go kill some big ones.

• Sitka Gear