goyt 03-Mar-20
Zbone 04-Mar-20
goyt 05-Mar-20
Linecutter 06-Mar-20
Zbone 09-Mar-20
28-Feb-20
http://wildlife.ohiodnr.gov/stay-informed/proposed-rule-changes-csi-review

28-Feb-20
your input is being asked for in regards to a 9 day gun season, tell the ODNR what you think.

28-Feb-20
Didn't read the link but...….I would have to say NO to that and do away with the bonus shotgun weekend too. One week is more than enough.

29-Feb-20

Pat Lefemine's Link
There’s a form At this link asking for feedback. I just added my response. I’m opposed to any expansion in firearms season. Having hunted in areas with long firearms seasons you can bet your paycheck that it won’t stop here. It will be 10 days then 3 weeks, then necked down cartridges. It never ends. You have good deer hunting now, don’t mess it up.

29-Feb-20
I am happy to comment against expanding the deer guns seasons. I do not see where any changes to the deer gun season are being proposed. They look to be the same as 2019 except for the dates. Am I missing something?

01-Mar-20
They are not in the list of proposals. The question is part of the comments form. Asking an informal question about whether the gun deer season should be expanded?

01-Mar-20
Thanks. I commented in favor of eliminating the second 2 day gun season and against a 9 day gun season starting on Saturday. I found it a little weird that I could not comment on the form as originally shown but had to fill in a form to the right once I picked a section to comment on. I hope that I did it correctly. I will ask some guys from our archery club to comment.

02-Mar-20
Okay I just read the proposals in what I read it is exactly the same as it has been: Monday through Sunday after Thanksgiving (the week after Thanksgiving), then the 2 day weekend. That is exactly what we have had for a number of years, 9 days. The dates are changed as they always do every year, due to the calendar. They aren't changing anything as to how many days we are hunting. DANNY

03-Mar-20
I read it like Linecutter, no change, a week long statewide firearm season beginning Monday after Thanksgiving, and a 2 day weekend season later in December... Have always been opposed to the second weekend season, but they'll likely not change it anytime in the near future... Once their annual proposals are released, it a done deal... In 50 years can't ever remember changing but just one proposal and that was so long ago can't even remember what it was...8^)

03-Mar-20
Linecutter and Zbone, Although it is not proposed for 2020, ODNR is asking for input on starting the first gun season on Saturday instead of Monday and running it for 9 days instead of 7 days. A few comments against doing that may make a big difference.

04-Mar-20
goyt - So if they do that, are they still proposing the second 2 day season a couple weeks later like now, or are they gonna eliminate the second season? If the eliminate the second season, I'm for it but ONLY if they eliminate the second season... One and done and firesticks out of the woods like it used to be... Actually back in the day for those that remember, there was a short period (maybe 2 or 3 years or so) we used to have a 10 day statewide gunseason beginning the Monday after Thanksgiving and extending through Wednesday of the following week...

There are so many people in the woods Saturday after Thanksgiving small game hunting, shooting guns and sighting them in, wouldn't really care if they opened it then as long as the eliminate the second season... Heck, there is more shooting going on around my house Thanksgiving weekend than later in gun season with the deer population being down in my area... I hate this split gunseason we have now, doesn't give the deer time to settle down for bowhunters, then BAM, guns go off again and back to nocturnal habits the survivors go...

05-Mar-20
They are not asking if we want to go to 9 days first gun season and then eliminate the extra weekend. I think that they are trying to add gun days and not reduce them. You could comment that you are in favor of the 9 days season if the extra weekend is eliminate but I think that they will put that in the for 9 days instead of 7 days so that you will be in effect by asking for 2 extra days of gun hunting.

06-Mar-20
If they are trying to add two days to the week long gun season and make it 9 straight days, that will affect the reason they went to Buck only after gun season on Public Land, to increase the herd on those pieces of property. Those properties will be hit the hardest with this type of change. There are fewer Muzzleloader Hunters during that season that "might" shoot a doe on Public Land in January (as of last year they can't shoot does), than there will be during an extra 2 days with modern firearms right after Thanksgiving. In what I have seen on Public Land Monday thru Wednesday now is when it is hit the hardest, after that it drops way off. People have to go back to work do to limited vacation. Add a weekend on the front end of that, people who travel to hunt and stay at motels or camp would more than likely be willing to hunt 5 days straight. I know I would. Instead of how it is now. The Public areas I have hunted I see people from the Akron area or further north. They drive down stay then go home Wednesday. I have never seen them back for the weekend or the second weekend, I believe due to the drive and knowing there are fewer deer in the woods. I am willing to bet though if given the weekend of Thanksgiving plus Monday thru Wednesday they would be hunting Public Land 5 days instead of 3. More deer/Does taken off of that Public land. They really need to figure out what their REAL plan is for increasing deer numbers on Public Land, because this will have the exact opposite effect. At least in my opinion in what I have seen. DANNY

09-Mar-20
Linecutter - The blaze orange army from the north that stay the week usually arrive Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving and leave the following Saturday night,,, few stay to hunt Sunday in my area...

• Sitka Gear