Wayne Boone 29-Feb-20
hookman 29-Feb-20
Ron Miller 01-Mar-20
Ron Miller 01-Mar-20
Babysaph 01-Mar-20
Jack Whitmrie jr 02-Mar-20
Wayne Boone 02-Mar-20
29-Feb-20
It is hard to find 125 grain broadheads anymore. So I have to ask why does everyone like 100 grain broadheads so well? I guess I'm old school but like the toughness of a good solid 125 grain or greater broadhead. Plus it helps keep my bow quite with the added arrow weight. I don't want to shoot big game past 30 yards, so the reason everyone wants a .lighter setup is for flatter trajectory at longer distances? Play nice no bashing :)

29-Feb-20
I used to shoot the big heads like 150 gr snuffers, then shot 125 gr for years . About 12 years ago went to 100 gr. IMO, at least for me they are more accurate. Less surface for planing ?? I’m also shooting carbons rather than the bigger aluminum shafts that I used to shoot too

Initially I got it to shoot at longer ranges out west but just liked the performance so well I stayed with them

29-Feb-20
I'm surprised you're shooting that light of a broadhead, Jack, unless you shoot aluminum arrows, of course. Most everyone I know is shooting from 145 to 250 grain broadheads with carbon arrows out of their longbows and recurves. I've shot in the 175 grain range forever.

29-Feb-20

Wayne Boone's embedded Photo
Wayne Boone's embedded Photo
I love the wide Simmons BHs. Personal favorite is 175 grain Tiger shark. Like you Jack, I limit my shot distance and have found no reason to go lighter.

29-Feb-20
I shoot 155-160 grains on heavy wood arrows.

01-Mar-20
I shoot 100 grain on a Carbon arrow, a Very Stiff 300 Victory VAP with a 110 grain Insert,/ Outsert, for a total of 210 grains upfront, total arrow weight is 515 grains, I'm only shooting about 57 pounds I might max my poundage out at 60 for my upcoming hunt this September

01-Mar-20
I shoot 100 grain on a Carbon arrow, a Very Stiff 300 Victory VAP with a 110 grain Insert,/ Outsert, for a total of 210 grains upfront, total arrow weight is 515 grains, I'm only shooting about 57 pounds I might max my poundage out at 60 for my upcoming hunt this September

01-Mar-20
I'm just the opposite.,when I started in grad archery in the 80's i shot wood arrows. Most of the field points for the woodies were 125 gn. So I alwys shot 125 gn broadheads. I have collected a bunch of those over the years so I Still use em. I shoot carbons now and just tune my arrows to the 125 gn broadhead. They have always worked so I never changed.

02-Mar-20
Jimmy I'm shooting a compound now days , when I shot my recurve I did shoot 225 grains on my carbons. I been shooting the VPA 125 grain broadheads or G5 Montec but it is hard to find anything but 100 grain in these heads unless you order them. They are same dimensions/width so the wind planning shouldn't be a reason. I'm only shooting 55# due to a sore shoulder, so I shoot a smaller head.

02-Mar-20
Sorry Jack, I didn’t realize you were shooting a compound.

• Sitka Gear