Indiana
Contributors to this thread:
KentuckyBow 01-Mar-20
KentuckyBow 01-Mar-20
Zim 02-Mar-20
Russ Koon 04-Mar-20
deernut 20-Mar-20
01-Mar-20
Good afternoon, I’m from KY and have always hunted my land i own in Indiana and wanted to get outside the box and hunt some public land in Indiana. I got a few places in mind just looking for some areas with good deer density and easy access points. Also, it would be during Archery season.

01-Mar-20
Good afternoon, I’m from KY and have always hunted my land i own in Indiana and wanted to get outside the box and hunt some public land in Indiana. I got a few places in mind just looking for some areas with good deer density and easy access points. Also, it would be during Archery season.

02-Mar-20
Beware you will likely regret your decision when you see how many crossgun hunters pound the early season on Indiana public these days. I know I did last season. Won't be wasting any more peak rut days here for sure. In fact I've made plans to be out of state all next October as well.

04-Mar-20
Can't give specifics, 'cause I don't know of any particular hotspots, but I'd say that 90% or more of the likely spots would fall within the triangle formed by hwy's 150, 231, and the Ohio River. I suppose that was already obvious to you, as it encompasses so much of the open public areas and is also the area furthest from major urban areas where the majority of the competing hunters will be coming from. I can only suggest that would also be my choice if I were to want to drive an hour or more to hunt from my home in Martinsville.

Fifteen years ago I'd have included some areas further north, like my favorite big-woods area east of Monroe Reservoir, but things have definitely changed somewhat since then.

If you're bringing a boat, I suspect the area east of Patoka Lake would be worth a good look, maybe a scouting trip.

20-Mar-20

deernut's Link
Fifteen years ago I'd have included some areas further north, like my favorite big-woods area east of Monroe Reservoir, but things have definitely changed somewhat since then.

If you're bringing a boat, I suspect the area east of Patoka Lake would be worth a good look, maybe a scouting trip.

• Sitka Gear