elktrax 03-Oct-20
elktrax 03-Oct-20
AZ8 03-Oct-20
StickFlicker 31-Oct-20
AZBUGLER 02-Nov-20
AZBUGLER 02-Nov-20
Knothead 02-Nov-20
02-Mar-20
Haven't had this opportunity for a few years. But once again it's time for Elk Camp Countdown......tic toc tic toc 191 days and a wake up and I will be in Elk Camp.. Congratulations to all who drew and by all means join the Countdown... Here we gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo....tic toc ic toc tic toc tic toc tic toc..

02-Mar-20
Cheers!

03-Mar-20
Gonna be a loooooong summer for you! Its only March 3rd! LoL

05-Mar-20
@ AZ8 Its been 3 1/2 years since last draw So 188 days and a wake up should be easy...lol tic toc tic toc.... Ok its gonna be a long summer.. But fun..

05-Mar-20
ONLY 3 1/2 years?! That's hardly any time at all by Arizona elk permit standards! Ha!

15-Jul-20
Well it's been a minute.... 56 days and a wake up till Elk camp.. We are needing alot of rain up north. Its bone dry. So pray for rain hunters and campers.... tic toc tic toc tic tioc

15-Jul-20
@ Az8 Summer is flying by.... only 56 n awake up??????

15-Jul-20
@elktrax.....yup, it is. But the monsoons are late!! There’s been a few scattered storms, but it’s pretty dry up in the Rim country.

15-Jul-20
42 days.

15-Jul-20
Not just pretty dry, it's fricken BONE DRY.

17-Jul-20
First real live monsoon downpour today. Thank you Lord.

18-Jul-20
Where was the downpour? Anyone know if Flagstaff area is getting any rain?

18-Jul-20
Payson got hammered, don’t know about Flag tho.

18-Jul-20
Great rain in Flagstaff yesterday and today.

25-Jul-20

25-Jul-20

24-Aug-20
16 days and a wake up...tic toc tic toc tic toc. Had a coupke good downpours over the weekend. Getting a little excited....

24-Aug-20
Lucky! Don’t take this personal....but you suck!! :) haha.....No elk camp for me, not even with friends or family. We all struck out this year. Good luck!

24-Aug-20
Sleep with the windows open so will start chasing when I hear bugles. Super dry. See deer everyday as I have water out for them, have not had elk come to water lately.

Terry

30-Aug-20
11 and a wake up!!

31-Aug-20
Heard a few bugles this AM.

Terry

31-Aug-20
I heard some yesterday morning right at sunrise. It's getting closer.

31-Aug-20
Was up over the weekend and got pounded with rain.. dry going in and muddin when we came out.. 9 n a wake up till Elk Camp. Tic toc tic toc

01-Sep-20
September is finally here!!!!

03-Sep-20
5 days n a wake and I will be driving into Elk Camp. After an 8 hour shift..UGH... TIC TOC TIC TOC.. Almost there ..

04-Sep-20
Best of Luck to you Elktrax!

06-Sep-20
Thanks @Heat.

30-Sep-20
elktrak....how did your hunt go?

01-Oct-20
AZ8, oh does he have a story :)

01-Oct-20
Let’s hear it! Lol

01-Oct-20
He'll probably pipe in tomorrow. Quick story that happened to one of our buddies sitting a stand on water. He had a juvenile skunk come into water and got stuck in the mud. A moo cow came in and stood over the skunk stuck in the mud. He then proceeded to use his head to push the skunk down into the mud. It drowned right there. We now call that skunk hole.

03-Oct-20

elktrax's embedded Photo
elktrax's embedded Photo
AZ8... It was a great hunt. First off. I hunted with the best group of hunters and friends anyone could have. We had 9 Bull tags in camp and a Satellite friend that would drop in to camp with a Bull tag. So 10 in all..

Everyone had Bulls it was like a pick n chose. Not exaggerating. I myself was on a meat hunt. I shot the baby of the bunch. A spike. But like I said meat hunt. Not like I didn't try for a bigger one. But needless to say. He kicked my but. I shot him over water. My buddies always told me wait till they get to the water and drink. Well this guy ran right in. Right to the middle of the pond. It was the 5th night. And I only had a few days left. So I said what ever comes in is gonna be meat in the freezer.

So I saw these two spikes coming in. And i get really crazy buck fever. Over a jack rabbit. Anyways. One of the spike shoots right into the waterhole. I said to myself. He's all yours. I drew back put my 30 pin on its heart and let it rip. All I heard was a big Gasp. And a frozen Elk. The mud was so thick. When I hit it he just stood there couldnt budge. MY BUCK FEVER had me shaking and I hit him a little back. Fatal. Liver shot.. He did the ole sway back n forth thing I knocked again and put one in him again and it was lights out. His head dropped and I thot to myself. I have to go in that nasty muddy leach infested cattle piss hole and get that thing...

Let me tell you It was the nastiest smelling 3 feet deep mud in the world. Had my friends help. But not in the mud. lol.. they tied rope to the side by sides and I went in tried to lasso but couldn't. Mud was so bad I could barely move. So they got me a 10 foot branch and we lassoed it. And the side by side pulled myself and the elk out of the stink hole.. Out of the 10 tags we harvested 6 bulls.. We had a blast. Also got a video of a Cudamonde. I think that's how you spell it.. ill post some mud pics.. Great friends and a great hunt

03-Oct-20

elktrax's embedded Photo
Getting pulled out
elktrax's embedded Photo
Getting pulled out
Bull was caked in mud. So was I.. I changed before pic..

03-Oct-20
Awesome! A full freezer is all that matters. Sounds like you guys had a great camp. Too bad that boy wasn’t able to jog outta that muddy mess before he died! What a crazy recovery! Haha

31-Oct-20
Congratulations on a great hunt! And, just as an FYI, it is spelled Coatimundi.

02-Nov-20
Awesome! I had to drag a big buck out of water like that many years ago. But an elk.... that’s next level misery..lol. Glad you got some meat.

02-Nov-20
Awesome! I had to drag a big buck out of water like that many years ago. But an elk.... that’s next level misery..lol. Glad you got some meat.

02-Nov-20
I know what it is like to try and drag two elk out at the same time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQLI-d_DFpY

• Sitka Gear