Northern zone archery season
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
Teeton 02-Mar-20
horsethief51 03-Mar-20
Teeton 03-Mar-20
X-Master 04-Mar-20
02-Mar-20
Is the Game Commission still proposing archery season in Northern Zone run right up until the day before the opening of rifle bear? I saw something and it did show that. Ed

03-Mar-20
Proposed, I think. Final vote would probably be in April

03-Mar-20
Art, I saw something a few days ago that showed proposed Seasons dates northern archery close dates was like 11/16. So was just thinking they didn't proposed the week later close date. Ed

04-Mar-20
From other articles that I have read stated that they are waiting for a report from the biologists/staff at the next meeting and that if there is no management objections to adding the extra week- they will propose and approve it at the April meeting for this years coming season.

AGENCY TO EXAMINE LONGER DEER ARCHERY, RACCOON SEASONS In response to requests from hunters, the Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today directed agency wildlife-management staff to examine the potential biological impacts of extending the archery deer season to the start of the statewide general bear season, and opening the raccoon hunting season earlier in October. There was extensive public testimony at today’s meeting in support of creating a longer archery season that would allow bowhunters to hunt deeper into the whitetail rut, and at least one suggestion that raccoon season should run longer in light of reduced hunting participation over the years. Game Commission staff will report back to the board at a future meeting.

• Sitka Gear