Hoot 13-Feb-21
>>>--arrow1--> 15-Feb-21
>>>--arrow1--> 15-Feb-21
>>>--arrow1--> 15-Feb-21
Tweed 15-Feb-21
Nick Muche 11-Mar-21
>>>--arrow1--> 13-Mar-21
08-Mar-20
Surprised to see no shout out for this, on this site. Anyway, hope to see a report on it. Will go next year.

08-Mar-20

>>>--arrow1-->'s embedded Photo
I didn't go but made and donated one of my chairs. Hope

it does well for them .

08-Mar-20

08-Mar-20
How did they roll over on the Xgun issue ??? Please explain.

08-Mar-20
Maybe a number of their members attended the crossbow convention instead.

HF43

08-Mar-20
Looking at the pictures on Facebook there were only 8-9 tables filled and of those tables it doesn’t look like anyone is under 70 years of age.

08-Mar-20

08-Mar-20
That's a shame, WBH has fought hard for what we have today......when things

08-Mar-20
Maybe that's not the right way to put it. They could have fought harder to keep them out of the mainstream bow season.

08-Mar-20
Sapper, I have no idea of how old you are, and I do not want to get into a pissing match, but learn the history.,. We would not have squat for a season without that org. If the younger hunters do not organize and fight together, they will loose in the end. If I was a young bowhunter under 50 I would be concerned

08-Mar-20
Didn’t make it because of a new grandson being born this week ,Great organization that has done so much for the sport of bow hunting in this state It’s a shame for people to blast it while they sit and do nothing to better the sport themselves

08-Mar-20
Unfortunately Wisconsin has likely lost over half of it's bow and arrow hunters. That would never bode well for an organization historically comprised of bow and arrow hunters. The P&Y Club has an interesting challenge too. Times change, hunters change, equipment changes, organizations change...………….. best to roll with it. What you say?

08-Mar-20
I say you are the most negative broken record nancy I have ever seen on this board.

08-Mar-20
To be effective in business, one has to face reality, that means the facts.

Are you saying my facts are all wrong... and all is good with bow and arrow hunting organizations as far as expected future support? Being positive, just because, is a fallacy.

08-Mar-20
I wish Rancid was back, he was the best at understanding bow and arrow hunting. Or, maybe he never left.

08-Mar-20
Anybody here, my old friend......?

09-Mar-20
Sappy,,, Please explain!!!! """Maybe that's not the right way to put it. They could have fought harder to keep them out of the mainstream bow season.""""

09-Mar-20
I assume Sappy was there fighting with them?

09-Mar-20
Developing legislation that defines crossbows as separate from archery equipment and further, will allow crossbows to be regulated separately as their popularity and effectiveness grows...Right off their Webpage...how are they regulated separately? Looking over their site, they really haven't done alot for quite sometime....alot of meetings they attended though.

09-Mar-20
Valueless criticism from someone who is quick to complain but short on his own actions.

09-Mar-20
Whatever..screw this forum...same old shit it was years ago.

09-Mar-20

sagittarius's Link
There is a bill going through the Legislature now, AB944, to combine the crossbow license with the archer license. Then we loose the data on how many crossbow licenses are sold compared to archery licenses sold.

09-Mar-20
Most here are in love with the scoped and cocked crossbow, and all it has to offer. We do not keep track of stickbow shooters, or inlines vs other muzzleloaders.

It is clear, bow and arrow hunters are now in the minority where scoped and cocked crossbows are allowed for all. The rest is meaningless statistics at this point, save the expense.

09-Mar-20
I hear ya.

09-Mar-20
Sappy you said screw this forum but here you are right back, So as long as your back ,please explain what you’ve done to promote the sport of bowhunting as opposed to WBH

09-Mar-20
While I am very appreciative for what WBH have done in the past. It is true that they do little to nothing now except pat themselves on the back for past accomplishments. Any good group/org has to work hard to remain current. WBH just seems happy to wither away.

09-Mar-20
Now you know why nobody wants to post about the upcoming convention!

09-Mar-20
Rut, keep in mind that the WBH, like most other organizations, is comprised of volunteers. Do they have new people stepping up to take the place of those who have tirelessly fought while getting nothing more than their own self-satisfaction for their effort? Have you helped? If so, great and you should understand what I have stated. If not, why not?

09-Mar-20
I'm pretty sure sapper is allowed to have an opinion about an organization and to express it even if he has done NOTHING to "promote the sport" that's how life works. Without even knowing sapper I'm guessing he has done much more to "promote the sport" than would have been accomplished if he had joined the 23 or so gents that sit around at the wbh meetings reminiscing. There are many ways to promote bowhunting, assuming someone does nothing because they realize and express the fact that an org like the wbh has been swirling around in the toilet for many years now is ignorant.

10-Mar-20
Sapper, Bowsite LOVES to eat their own. You'd never know that the people here actually share a common bond.

10-Mar-20
Was their attendance so low this year, that on the WBH website, on the events/2020 convention link, that they show scrolling pictures from the 2016 convention with fairly large participation and displays? Kind of relates to why they don't publish their membership numbers anymore in the spring magazine business minutes report. Apparently the membership numbers are only give to the officers and directors??

10-Mar-20
I believe many of their previously published members are life members from yesteryear, some are likely dead.

10-Mar-20
Because a person is a member of Bowsite does not mean they all have the same likes and opinions. We are all not cast from the same die.

10-Mar-20
I love the WBH, but they are too much like sheep now a days///// If I was running the WBH, I can assure youbchwould have a table at every Sportsman Rummage Sale in the state,, you know why? because that is where the hunters are..... II would have a table, at the Random Lake Deer Show this weekend, plus all the other shows in many districts..... If the WBH, knew what they needed, they would think outside the box....... I have brought this up for a few years,, to talk to deaf ears,,,,,, When is the last time you saw a '''''''''''''''''''WBH booth,,,, only at the Deer Classic, where, maybe some older member Maybe give you the time to sign up...... Heck like a car salesmen, I would suck them off the aisles, and engage with them, and get them involved.... I brought that up too, but I was dismissed..... The WBH needs to get their head out of their ass, and get people involved,,,,,, I was at a BCHA meeting, in Sheboygan,,,, some of these young aggressive hunters, did not know much about the WBH, but they liked what they heard,,, hopefuly we can pull some of these together.

Archery Shoots,,, could care less about what you shoot, join the WBH,,,,, if you have time to sell your personal stuff, you have time to promote the WBH/////

I am going to try and get a director position and pull archers together, because I truly believe, archery season in Wisconsin, is in trouble

10-Mar-20
Ground hunter. Talk is cheap as you just missed the annual election. With the vitriol you espouse you are a pariah. WBH needs representatives with a positive aura. Ditch the constant negativity. Any questions? P M me.

11-Mar-20
"Rut, keep in mind that the WBH, like most other organizations, is comprised of volunteers. Do they have new people stepping up to take the place of those who have tirelessly fought while getting nothing more than their own self-satisfaction for their effort? Have you helped? If so, great and you should understand what I have stated. If not, why not?"

I was a member for quite a few years. But grew tired of their lack of effort to try and recruit younger members. There are a LOT of bow shops in WI that don't even know what WBH is. No have these shops ever been reached out to by WBH. That is just a few of the long list of things that pushed me away. I believe my efforts and money are better spent personally introducing new hunters and or archers to the sport.

11-Mar-20
There were a couple of great debaters on here years back, they each going their own way, but both of them espouse a similar passion and drive to turn around the WBH club to read their postings the WBH was going to double its membership in short time. Hmmmm they have gone silent and membership continues to slide.

I wonder what the ratio of state bowhunters to state club membership is in other states???

11-Mar-20
The problem with many small organizations is they tend to push the political agendas of a top few leaders ( oftentimes blowhards ), and do not necessarily represent the bulk of the dues paying constituency. Some hunters find it best to promote their own agendas, and not risk their money relying on others.

11-Mar-20
Rut and some others. You would be pleasantly surprised at the number of kids at the WBH convention WITH bows. I have to smile when I see 2 sisters under 8 years old carrying their bow cases.

Ray Howell was the main speaker and I will assume you know his background and what he does for kids. If you would have heard his presentation you would have had your checkbook out. Consider supporting Kicking Bear or WBH if you have an interest in helping our youngsters to carry on bow hunting.

11-Mar-20
Rut said, "I was a member for quite a few years. But grew tired of their lack of effort to try and recruit younger members." Rut, being a member is important and I do not discount that. However, being an active, spend your free time on the cause member is a whole different animal. It is a certain breed of people who tirelessly will give of their own free time to work for a group as a volunteer. To address MB's comment, that might be the reason why a group takes on a certain personality. When only a handful of people will give of their time, expertise and money, any such organization is likely to take on the personality of those involved.

11-Mar-20
Todd + 2

11-Mar-20
Good answer Todd. Saw many kids there also as you mentioned. Was good to see.

11-Mar-20
Todd comes on here makes a little sense and you all crawl back in your holes.

11-Mar-20
He did make sense, I agree with that. Unfortunately, his assessment does not change the club perspective, it merely defines and solidifies it.

11-Mar-20
Qdm x2

12-Mar-20
Here is the problem, there is a small group that wants to step up and make a difference by donating their time and talents. The vast majority want to do nothing, say nothing, but complain when things don't go they way they think they should. You can read that in the posts above. If you can't become an active member, support these non-profits by attending conventions/banquets, buying raffle tickets, donating money or auction items, etc. How hard is it to hand out brochures about an organization to your friends, family, neighbors and talk to them about joining.

The Conservation Congress hearing may get a decent turn out this year because of the new regulations on the agenda - but don't count on it. Easier for most to stay home and watch "The Bachelor" and then complain about the results after the fact.

Anyone going to the CDAC meeting? Not many I'll bet. "Entertainment Tonight" has a feature piece on Tom Cruse and his ex-wife that will keep many at home. BC

12-Mar-20
I would love to go to our CDAC meeting but I have to work. As far as the CC I’ll vote from home online. All the normal old timers that go will stay home because of the virus even if they still hold the hearing at all.

08-Feb-21
Got the flyer in the mail Saturday. Anyone planning on going this year?

08-Feb-21
I really want to go but it will depend on getting my Vaccine in the next few weeks . I'm on several lists , just waiting to hear from one of them .

A special shout out to Stay - Sharp sharpening for paying much of the cost of the convention . Thanks Ron .

If your an Archer of any type you need to attend the convention .lots of cool stuff .

08-Feb-21
Interesting Thats great. I picked up a Stay - Sharp devise years ago , His little idea and business must really took off.

08-Feb-21
The stay sharp device was not solely his idea or invention. It was merely copied from a sharpener called Ready-Sharp that was on the market some forty years ago. It was marketed by Ready-Bow enterprises , North Muskegan, Mi.

08-Feb-21
I'd like to go, but want to get the "shot" first. I am glad they decided to go ahead with the show.

08-Feb-21
Yea I'm scheduled for my second Pfizer shot on the 12th. Heard you get slight flu like after second but worth it to me. Right to get ??? Who knows. Wrong to get??? Who knows. Not going to the Convention though.

08-Feb-21
I get my 2nd shot next Wednesday. Not sure if I'll go up or not. Each year I say I'm going to go but each year something gets in the way. This year I'll keep the bar low.

08-Feb-21
Have not seen any “Ready Sharp” products or ads so apparently they had some idea they were unable to capitalize on. Congrats to Ron for supporting WBH!

08-Feb-21
Glad to see the show going on. My cousins wife got her second dose last week (she is a nurse). She said her and all the other that got it were pretty sick within 48 hours of getting it... with symptoms that sounded exactly like what most people have with covid ( but no loss of taste or smell though) ... most people had symptoms that lasted for a few hours to a couple days. She was sick enough she missed a day of work. Nobody was hospitalized or anything though. Time will tell what ( if any ) long term effects there might be.

09-Feb-21
What I don't get about Rons stay Ready Sharp is I had one 20 years before he invented his? I bought it at Gander or one of the Archery shops in town.

09-Feb-21

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Here's the presser from Stay Sharp

09-Feb-21
Great job by Ron to continue to support archery and our sport!

09-Feb-21
Not much to “get” other than the fact that he brought it to market successfully. I’d guess he has patents so there must be some differences. And let’s not forget the point of the post. He is supporting WBH.

12-Feb-21
It is marketing 101and if done right should be a win win.

12-Feb-21
Arrow, Generous chair donation on your part. Glad to see it. Now lets get some bowhunters there.

13-Feb-21

Thanks Glunker.. I just finished up this coffee table and also donated it to them. It will also be at the convention. Besides making and selling log furniture I donate several items a year to sports and veterans groups.

13-Feb-21

13-Feb-21
Steve - That is an absolutely beautiful table. All your work is great!

15-Feb-21
thanks Hoot. I donated a table to a sports group this winter. They wanted it for their Xmas party to start selling raffle tickets (limited) to hopefully be sold out in time for the summer picnic . They sold out at the Xmas party..... Net 600.00$ They wished they hadn't limited the tickets.

15-Feb-21

15-Feb-21

15-Feb-21
Real awesome of you Arrow!

11-Mar-21
Thank you to the WBH and Stay Sharp for putting on a fantastic Banquet given all of the hurdles from this past year throughout the country. It was great to meet those in attendance and talk bowhunting with many. My wife and I had a great time and hope that those who came did as well. Nice chair Arrow, a Bowsiter won it!

13-Mar-21
Whats the users name that won it ???

• Sitka Gear