South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
RDHunts 10-Mar-20
grizzly 11-Mar-20
RDHunts 12-Mar-20
Airborne 13-Mar-20
RDHunts 23-Mar-20
10-Mar-20
Regarding Black hills. I am a non resident and am looking a t purchasing a west river archery deer license. My question is I want to hunt the black hills area and understand a person needs to apply for a black hills permit. Are these permits limited in number and how can I find out if Game and Fish still has these permits available before I purchase a west river license. Any help would be appreciated.

11-Mar-20
i believe they are unlimited at this time. There are a few areas that are limited, 35L and others that are a draw permit but most of the hills are open. Someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Good luck, don't forget the early deadline.

12-Mar-20
Thanks Griz, spent 2 hrs two days in a row trying to get clarification from game and fish. It didn't seem like they had a clue. Did apply for license before deadline. Good luck on your hunting adventures.

13-Mar-20
You can do this after you get your west river archery deer tag. You can log in and basically submit the application for Black Hills Access and it's automatic. I did mine last year while in the field when I decided to take a days drive, see Mt Rushmore and hunt the hills for a day. It's basically just a permission thing that you are applying for so the game and fish know how many archery hunters are spending time in the Black Hills.

23-Mar-20
Thanks all for the information. I have hunted S.D. before and really enjoyed my hunt. Looking forward to another season. Good luck to all this hunting season.

• Sitka Gear