onX Maps
No deer to hunt
West Virginia
Contributors to this thread:
Babysaph 21-Mar-20
Chunkyjr 21-Mar-20
WV Mountaineer 21-Mar-20
21-Mar-20
Ok guys please do not take this the wrong way. I am just reporting what I heard. I am just the messenger and I am in no way implying that I think that hunting deer is more important than what is going on in our country., I don't know about where you guys live but here in the eastern panhandle none of the stores in 2 counties have any meat. No meat. 0. So we have a couple local meat markets so I made an appointment to go get some meat. Yep, I made an appointment. Lol. When I got there there 6 people were ahead of me and 4 more came in behind me. All they had was ground beef and it was limited to 5 lbs per customer. As I stood there trying not to breathe in the Covid-19 virus I heard 2 good ole boys behind me say "Well all I can say is that Imma have to go knock me down some deer." "I ain't gonna starve to death." That was his exact words . Well it got me to thinking because over here where I live, believe it or not, some people "knock down" deer out of season even when they are not starving. Just made me wonder how bad it could get and made me think of stories I have heard of long ago from older people talking about not having any deer to hunt because people killed them all. Good luck next fall.,

21-Mar-20
Too bad the coyotes already ate all the ground hogs.

21-Mar-20
If things get bad enough you better believe that the deer herd, turkeys, and whatever else can be eaten is going to take the brunt of it.

• Sitka Gear