Pat Lefemine 22-Mar-20
Oldreb 23-Mar-20
goyt 23-Mar-20
Pat Lefemine 23-Mar-20
grizzley21 23-Mar-20
Zbone 25-Mar-20
TPjeep 28-Mar-20
22-Mar-20
Just curious as I’m supposed to close on my property and head down there to get started on home improvements. Are the home stores still open? Tractor and Ag dealers? How about gun stores?

23-Mar-20
It would be best to call ahead. Some businesses have chosen to close down. The governor issued a stay at home rule but there are exceptions to the rule for things deemed a necessity. You can still go outdoors and even visit parks, walk the dog, get meds and groceries, etc. They can't arrest you unless they declare Marshal Law. Then all hell will break loose.

23-Mar-20
Pat, It means that all non-essential businesses need to close. I am sure that your closing agent will provide a path forward and I will guess that the closing will happen via e-mails, texts or something like that. I am not sure who is staying open and who is closing. I got my oil changed today and the dealership employees did not know if the service department would be open tomorrow or the car sales department. This all happened yesterday on a Sunday so it will take a few days to sort through it. I doubt that a guns store would be open. Tractor and Ag probably not. I have a 65 mile drive to my property and I plan on packing a lunch and driving there tomorrow to scout, move stands and put out minerals that I already have. I do not plan on stopping anywhere along the way and will be by myself. That should not be a problem for anyone. If you have a place to stay and can get by without buying anything but food and gas you maybe okay. Otherwise it may be prudent to postpone your trip. I am hoping to be able to turkey hunt starting April 20th and to fish Lake Erie before that. I do not know if the landings will be closed, Good luck to you whatever you decide to do. I understand that civil fines may be levied against businesses and individuals can always be charged with disorderly conduct or something like that. Even if we can beat the charge it is not worth the hassle. The State has said that they will not be pulling over cars and questioning people so if you can avoid public areas and groups of people you should not be bothered. Of course tomorrow the rules may change again.

23-Mar-20
Thanks. I’m in NY and all the hardware and home stores are open. Of course Walmart is open along with the grocery stores. I was gonna buy a tractor at a dealer I was talking to but that can wait.

This is remarkable. Hopefully it turns around soon.

23-Mar-20
hardware and gun shops are to be open plus bicycle supply and repair shops,,

25-Mar-20
It's like a ghost town around here... Grocery stores, gas stations and fast food drive thrus are about the only thing open around here and the groceries store idles are near bare, never seen anything like it in my 60 years... Most of the small mom and pop stores are now closed...

Because I work in the communications business, (one of the essentials arenas) was given Monday my "papers please" permit from my company to commute for work... Don't think they'll stop you for driving without reason during the day, but really wouldn't want to be driving with out of state plates or after midnight without "papers please"... I get off work at 10PM or after with a 20 mile one way commute and every time I pass a cop on the road, I keep looking to see if it turns around to follow... Feels like martial law if ya ask me thanks to our egotistical governor...

28-Mar-20
Hardware stores are open in my area, tractor supply is open, other businesses are bringing things you need to the car, just call for to their protocol

• Sitka Gear