South Dakota
Contributors to this thread:
buzzcutt 26-Mar-20
Brotsky 26-Mar-20
buzzcutt 26-Mar-20
leftee 29-Apr-20
Animal Killer 25-May-20
26-Mar-20
I've recently moved to the Sioux Falls area, and have been checking out public areas for spring Turkey. I haven't had a chance to make any private connections in the area yet (that have birds!). I'm wondering if any of you have any idea of hunter density around the public areas west of Yankton? I don't want to be busting into areas that a lot of other hunters are hitting, as I don't want to mess up their hunts. Thanks.

26-Mar-20
There's going to be lots of hunters at all the public areas. Go during the week if you can, otherwise you'll just have to make sure you give them at least 6' of social distance :-)

26-Mar-20
Thanks Brotsky, that's what I've found in previous years around Big Stone and Canton, but I've not been around down south around the river. My 62" longbow stretched out should be right around that 6' distance:)

29-Apr-20
Go back to Bigstone area?Especially if willing to get a little wet reaching dry ground.Few will.

25-May-20
I would say your best chances of hunting turkeys with low ppl numbers would be during the week no matter where you end up hunting in the SE part of the state. unfortunately lots of ppl but lots of birds.

• Sitka Gear