Contributors to this thread:
Tonybear61 27-Mar-20
Jeff in MN 24-May-20
rodb 24-May-20
SteveD 25-May-20
Jeff in MN 25-May-20
SteveD 25-May-20
27-Mar-20
Just in case folks were wondering if hunting and fishing are allowed during the order that starts 11:29 tonight here is the info from the Governor's website:

Minnesotans may leave their homes to pick up essential items such as groceries or food, prescriptions, and gas, to relocate for safety reasons, or go to work if their job is deemed essential in a sector. If you leave your home, practice social distancing measures and keep six feet between you and those around you. Everyone is encouraged to stay active outside during this time, provided they practice safe social distancing.

Permissible activities during the stay at home order include: •Health and safety activities, such as obtaining emergency services or medical supplies •Outdoor activities, such as walking pets, hiking, running, biking, hunting, or fishing •Necessary Supplies and Services, such as getting groceries, gasoline, or carry-out •Essential and interstate travel, such as returning to home from outside this state •Care of others, such as caring for a family member, friend, or pet in another household •Displacement, such as moving between emergency or homeless shelters if you are without a home •Relocation to ensure safety, such as relocating to a different location if your home has been unsafe due to domestic violence, sanitation, or essential operations reasons •Tribal Activities & Lands, such as activities by members within the boundaries of their tribal reservations

OK so I spent a good part of the afternoon today on the St. Croix River with my son. We didn't catch anything but with temps in the 50s, no wind and clear skies it was a great time to be out paddling on the water. This weekend is supposed to be bad weather but plan on doing so again soon. Also I WILL be turkey hunting as it certainly doesn't include human contact, except if someone else (e.g. family member) shares my blind. Since my son and I are both going bow this year, likely we will have separate blinds, enclosed, open and even some natural.

24-May-20

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
During the first week of the shutdown I spent a whole week treating buckthorn at a place where I bow hunt. I covered about 100 acres of woods where there was a LOT of buckthorn. The pic shows the area I treated. Most of the buckthorn I treated was half inch to 3 inch diameter. Some as much as 8 inches. It looks like I did not treat the upper right and left parts of the parcel but actually I forgot to turn on the GPS tracking that day. The areas not covered in the photo were not too bad with buckthorn, so I just got tired of treating that area and moved to some areas off the picture and treated there.

24-May-20
Buckthorn, I remember that stuff, very nasty. Spent many, many hours every month trying to control it. Burnt many piles of it. Moved north and so far it is not on the property but I have seen it around Bigfork. I can't get people to understand that it needs to be controlled NOW!

25-May-20
Losing battle on almost all public areas, sad but true. Not a good looking future for hunting there.

25-May-20
There is a small city park near where I live that has a lot of it. Been bugging the mayor to do something about it for over a year now. I plan to go to the next city council meeting and hope they get on the program. Mayer claims they don't have the time. I could treat the whole park in one day so there excuse is bull.

25-May-20
That what many elected city officials line is anymore Jeff, and they tend to follow it completely.

• Sitka Gear