Ok...Russ 08-Apr-20
EmbryOklahoma 08-Apr-20
PushCoArcher 08-Apr-20
06-Apr-20

Ok...Russ's embedded Photo
Whether it's turkey, morels or sheds, be sure to watch where you step or sit down in the woods. Wasn't sure what my dog was all riled up about on Sunday when on the property but found out quick when I went to investigate. I truly dislike snakes!

07-Apr-20
Now that I did some looking online, is that a copperhead? It's a little late for him but I'd like to know!

07-Apr-20
Russ I'm no snake expert but that looks like a pygmy Rattlesnake to me.

07-Apr-20
Ah, hell, might have to sell the place then! I can go back and check for a rattle - didn't see one but I was laser focused with a shovel at the time.

07-Apr-20
100% pygmy rattlesnake.

08-Apr-20
It's absolutely a pigmy rattler. This property is very sandy and close to Canadian river so honestly didn't think about it being their "environment". You know, sunning on rocks and such! At least that's what I read. Honestly glad to know they're there so I can be more vigilant.

08-Apr-20
Friend of mine from Norman, Mike Hames, his wife got bit by one out at lake Thunderbird several years back. She was sunning on the grass and rolled over on it and it bit her on the thigh. After a lengthy hospital stay and a couple surgeries, she was okay. They're small but they can do some damage.

08-Apr-20
And the darn things either don't rattle or it's so faint you can't here them.

• Sitka Gear