Loner 23-Apr-20
Jebediah 27-Apr-20
Jebediah 27-Apr-20
Eastie778 27-Apr-20
BC 27-Apr-20
lunker 28-Apr-20
Loner 28-Apr-20
11-Apr-20
Kids and I took a little walk today. The boy found an really neat stick. Stripped of bark by a hungry beaver with the branches chewed off, it was real cool looking. He declared it his new walking stick. When we got home, we decided to sand it well,and will lacquer it once I manage to get lacquer.

He had a blast sanding and did real well with it.

We are excited to finish it off!

What kind of fun projects are you all up to. I am thinking of Hicks knife making and what not, has me curious what crafty things you are all up to?

11-Apr-20
Fun projects , how bout every single stupid project my wife starts . Honey I'm gonna hang this picture , can you take it off ? I cant reach it . Can you take the nail out and put it over here ,now put the picture on . That's nice . I'm gonna move this shelf, honey can you come over here for a minute . She never stops ! A month of this . So ya lots of fun projects. He said sarcastically

11-Apr-20

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Jebediah's embedded Photo
Copying something we saw on the internet, made miniature picnic table for squirrels. Then put some bird seed on it and set camera. Complete waste of time, but kind of fun.

11-Apr-20
Will,

I did the same when my kids were little. Lot of fun and they will remember those times. Mine do. Get a hava heart trap too. The real little ones love an up close look at a live rabbit or squirrel.

11-Apr-20
Glad to see you guy's are having fun over there Will , hope everyone is well! Doing a lot of what I'm sure everyone else is, yard work, clearing brush, started some wood burning, built this lttle table out of scrap wood, getting the " man sunroom" squared away! At least the wife gave me a room of my own! Lol. Bow tuning, arrow building, all that fun stuff.

11-Apr-20

Eastie778's embedded Photo

11-Apr-20

11-Apr-20

11-Apr-20

My favorite arrow build so far. Putting Fred Bear on the knew fmj legends arrow seemed appropriate.

11-Apr-20

Mnhunter1980's embedded Photo
Nice work everyone! I finally got around to do a couple projects with the kids. My son and I built him a bed. I think he’s happy and feels satisfaction in helping.

11-Apr-20

My youngest daughter loves “stuffies” so we built them a cage . She also loved helping.

11-Apr-20
Wow Them are some really neat projects, the kids do remember all those special times together ! Miss those times. I have cleaned all closets and most of the cabinets through out the house. Completed spring landscaping clean up. Set a few stands , After 4 kids 25 years later cleaned out basement and shed. I’m ready to make something! Now I just gotta figure out what’s next up next. Stay productive all, it make us all feel worthy in tough times.

11-Apr-20
Awesome guys! BC so cool to know that! He is having fun with the process. Its awesome to hear how that generated great memories within your family.

Eastie the room looks amazing!

MN that's awesome. Are the bars bungie's?

12-Apr-20
Yes will they are bungees. My wife saw the idea on Pinterest. It works well but may end up adding a couple more bungees for the smaller animals.

12-Apr-20
BC, I have a question. Did you ever get a skunk in that live trap? If so, what did you do? Or if not, did you have a plan for this? I ask because a few weeks ago I ordered one (for the very reason you stated), will arrive shortly, and I’m concerned about getting a skunk.

12-Apr-20
Jeb throw a blanket over it and then open it and walk away the skunk will not spray u

12-Apr-20
I never caught a skunk but have also heard the blanket will calm them. I’m using mine with my three year old granddaughter now and she loves it. Been mostly squirrels and bay rabbits lately.

13-Apr-20
Thank you!

13-Apr-20
I have had trapped skunks spray before I got to the trap. I assumed another animal approached the trap while the skunk was in it?

It can be fun to put a trail cam on the trap to watch the approach before there trapped or animals that didn’t fall for the trap also. Enjoy!

13-Apr-20

UrbanHunter's embedded Photo
I got a garage full of disassembled pallets looking for the next project and a wall of bee boxes to deploy to the apairies. Also making the project list: bread making, dusting off the guitar, and learning how to cut my own hair. The Quarantine Wild Man look isn't working for me.

13-Apr-20
Thank you for the ideas concerning the box trap. Urbanhunter I have been the butt of many many jokes over the years for saving various boards. But then when there’s a need, and I pull out just the right board, the family’s strangely silent. Two thumbs up.

13-Apr-20
Yep Jeb! I tell my family all the time that wood doesn't grow on trees! I need to save these board for future use!!!

13-Apr-20

Cougar's embedded Photo
Cougar's embedded Photo
Turning scraps into stools!

13-Apr-20

Cougar's embedded Photo
Cougar's embedded Photo
plus repurposing a free swingset

13-Apr-20
Amazing projects, guys! My time has been spent cutting down trees, stacking firewood, trying to get a new bow tuned up (Obsession Turmoil - I actually don't like it and am probably going to sell it), and other chores around the house.

19-Apr-20

Using up some of the pallet wood (actually these pallets were made with 2x6... A great find! Two strawberry planters ... Need to build one more to support 36 plants....

19-Apr-20
That's amazing Urban!!!

19-Apr-20

peterk1234's embedded Photo
peterk1234's embedded Photo
I have a two wheeled wheelbarrow. One tire finally cracked and went permanently flat. Started to look at the price of a new wheel. Was too cheap to spend 40 bucks. Then I looked at the handles. Uggh, basically rotted. New wheelbarrow, 120 bucks. Can't find spare parts anywhere. Then it hit me. Rip a 2x4 lengthwise. Okay, time to take this thing apart. Uggh again; bolts are all rusted on. No problem. So I get my favorite tool ever....the sawzall. Bolts be damned. Run to lowes. Spent five bucks on new bolts. Ripped the 2x4. Cut the axle and drilled a new hole for the cotter pin. Why you ask? Because now it is a one wheeled wheelbarrow, as God intended all wheelbarrows to be. I even use a chisel to shape the handles. Behold my masterpiece.

No kids to share the project with though because they are all grown, and they are girls.

19-Apr-20
Awesome, Peter! A generation ago, repair was the norm. We now live in a throw it away and buy new mindset. Good for your getting it done right. That looks like a family heirloom- well done!

19-Apr-20

xi's embedded Photo
All free hand !
xi's embedded Photo
All free hand !
My smart Ass Brother bought a wood burning kit for my son for Christmas. But he does enjoy it !

19-Apr-20
Tomorrow I will submit a picture of something I’ve come up with to facilitate efficient one-stick climbing with the saddle. You’re going to love it.

19-Apr-20
Jeb, if you invented a ladder, possibly aluminum, I'm impressed. So had to, goodnight !

19-Apr-20
Damn. I guess I’ll move on to my idea about a circular thing that can roll, and be used for transportation.

19-Apr-20
Seriously, I call this thing the “draggable stick.” Although I may switch to calling it “The Levitator.”

19-Apr-20
Well done Pete! Xi that's cool!

20-Apr-20
Eh never mind. The Levitator isn’t going to work. The plan didn’t survive first contact. Back to the drawing board.

20-Apr-20
I’m just bothered a little by the weight of the sticks. If they’re 10 pounds total, and I think my saddle setup is maybe 5 pounds, then you’re approaching the weight of the climber.

23-Apr-20
Concerning the box trap, mentioned earlier. Ours arrived yesterday, put it out today with a bowl full of birdseed, had a squirrel within 15 minutes. My son loved it, as far as I’m concerned it already paid for itself. Let the squirrel out without complication, worked like a charm. Now tonight we’re trapping raccoons hopefully.

23-Apr-20
I'm doing every little chore my wife wants because when bow season starts I'm not available.

23-Apr-20
Jeb, dont get high, literally I mean. With an aide and 2 sticks I can get close to 12 or 13ft. I know for most folks that's to low, but I'm happy. So my plan is 2 sticks. That said, the saddle is lighter than my harness... so when it's all done, I'm probably close to 12 lb...but every living tree is huntable. That's the biggest value to me.

23-Apr-20
Yes I have been debating two sticks also. I too am not fond of heights.

23-Apr-20
Cody D'aquisto (Lone Wolf custom gear) not a big fan of heights and has consistent success at 8-12 ft. Claims when deer look up their gaze is above this "intermediate height". Also said his friends have tried this with success. The one caveat is when the deer gets fairly close the bow has got to be in your hands to rule out movement. I've experimented with these heights and found it to be generally true. It initiates some real debates however with non believers.

27-Apr-20
I tested it the other day, and I’m only getting 8-8.5 feet (foot level, arse would be about 11 feet) with two stick, each with a 1-step aider. Not very limber, which is part of the limitation. Thinking of trying 2-step aider on bottom stick to get maybe an extra foot.

27-Apr-20
I tested it the other day, and I’m only getting 8-8.5 feet (foot level, arse would be about 11 feet) with two stick, each with a 1-step aider. Not very limber, which is part of the limitation. Thinking of trying 2-step aider on bottom stick to get maybe an extra foot.

27-Apr-20
That's very interesting, I am also height sensitive ;-) and I prefer to stay under 18 feet, something about going over that starts to make me nervous. I took my best buck at 12 yards, I was about 14 feet up, but since he went up hill , he was probably just a few feet below me. I prefer the shot angle below 18 too, much better window, and the odds of a double lung seem to be significantly higher.

The problem I have is I never got picked off more in a season than I did last year, seriously it was at least every other sit, and always doe. I was consistently 18 or 19 feet at least, I kept forcing myself to push it higher. My thought this season was that I might have to get out of my comfort zone and push well over twenty, but now you guys have me thinking maybe lower, which would be great! Jeb I space my aiders about 22 inches apart, but 20 is about average, so an extra one could help.

27-Apr-20
I hunt at 20 and don't often get picked off unless I'm moving around to much. I use 4 LW sticks but plan on trading up to Hawk Helium. I'm selling the LW's if anyone is interested.

28-Apr-20
I think if you use tree limbs to break up your outline at any height

28-Apr-20
Eastie, If your back ground is pretty good ,wear a mask, have bow in hand when you first see the deer, you don't have be up high. My best bucks were taken at 12ft and as low as 10ft .You can also angle your stand so you've got part of the tree between you and where you expect the deer as he approaches so that he won't see you draw which is important. You also get a lot more of the vital zone to shoot at and when you drop one of your gloves it's a shorter trip down (I know that's never happened !!).

• Sitka Gear