Pat Lefemine 26-Apr-20
btnbuck 29-Apr-20
Rickm 06-May-20
SE Ohio Flatlander 17-May-20
Pat Lefemine 18-May-20
CAS_HNTR 18-May-20
goyt 20-May-20
20-Apr-20
I just set up my blind but have not hunted yet. Not hearing a lot of gobbles yet. Anyone get out?

20-Apr-20
Had one gobble about 150 times this morning. Finally came in to 80 yards and got spooked by something.

21-Apr-20
No gobbles yesterday....did see a couple hens way off

Will try again tomorrow

21-Apr-20
Heard them gobble on the roost the last two mornings. The only problem is that they are on the neighboring property.

22-Apr-20
1 gobble this morning WAY off......real quiet for some reason

23-Apr-20
It is pushing 7 o'clock AM. I go for a ride around the block to watch for turkeys. Have 1 flock that has between 30-50 birds. Will not hunt them. I know somebody else that hunts them. But, what's nice, is they are starting to break-up. I am seeing more birds in other areas. An this flock is getting smaller. Will get out on the 4th. Don't go out the first day.

26-Apr-20
Heard a gobble while laying in bed. Got after him and he responded to my yelps but headed to the neighbors and I didn’t try and call him off. Just starting here. Been pretty slow so far.

29-Apr-20
I'm in north central Ohio and it seems that the turkey population is down this year around here. Maybe last years hatch wasn't that productive. Myself and a few buddies haven't even seen a jake yet this year. The birds I know of that have been taken have been mature gobblers though. 2 so far, I got one the first day and a buddy got one the second morning. Both had over 1" spurs. I've been back out in the same field a few times and keep seeing several hens but they haven't found a new boyfriend yet. A buddy hunting in Coshocton Co. has been having a rough go at it this year also. He hasn't been seeing much yet.

06-May-20
They are screaming this morning in North East Ohio.

17-May-20
In SE Ohio it was SLOW this year. Seems like they weren't that interested in coming to the calls and wanted to stay in the woods. If you couldn't get one by 7:30am forget it unless you had an ambush opportunity. Hunted hard for 3 wks with a buddy and we only called in 3 jakes and 3 longbeards. Population was good and scratching everywhere. Everyone we talked to down there said the same thing this season. I saw them strutting 3 wks before the season came in. Maybe we need the season to open a bit sooner eh?

18-May-20
This was my first turkey season in Ohio and it’s been tough. Especially with the bow. I’m back at my NY farm now and it’s not going good here either. This may be my first year in a long time to have unfilled tags.

18-May-20
This was a painful year for me......worst in years actually. Had one tom in all season and he spooked before he was in range. Really limited gobbling overall.

20-May-20
We had an okay season but not great by any means. The guys next door shot three toms the first week and I shot one the second. I called in another group and two toms and three jakes came into the decoys but one saw me drawing in the blind. I need to close it off better. After about the 8th day of season nothing would come in and gobbling was way down by us. On the second Tuesday I was searching for morels and jumped a hen off of a nest. There were 14 eggs in the nest. I would think that she was already done laying eggs at that time. It could be that the hens were pretty much done breeding by then! I had lone hens come by and Toms did not seem to be looking for them. On the last Friday I saw 2 jakes and a tom with the tome strutting for awhile in an area that I had seen strutting before. As soon as they left I setup a blind and hunted that location Friday evening, Saturday morning and evening and Sunday morning. On Saturday I twice saw a group of a jake and a Tom and a group of a Tom and 2 jakes. They all avoided my blind, decoys and calls. I think that they were the same 5 turkeys that I had spooked earlier.

• Sitka Gear