Squash 02-Jan-23
sjj 04-Jan-23
Squash 06-Jan-23
Al Dente Laptop 07-Jan-23
erict 09-Jan-23
23-Apr-20

UPSTATE's embedded Photo
UPSTATE's embedded Photo
This picture was taken just south of syracuse toward Camillus the other day. Right near one of my old spots. Looks to be a decent bear.

23-Apr-20
A couple month ago I went to a guys house to ask permission to hunt his land (near Nelson ,NY) and the first thing he say's is "are you here to get the bear". He proceeds to show my a bunch of nice shots of a really big one in his back yard. Are you guy's experiencing increased bear sightings in the areas you hunt?

23-Apr-20
Yes, here in Northern Chenango County we have reports of sightings every year. I have found sign, but have not actually saw one myself yet, although neighbors have.

23-Apr-20
I am just south of Shawler and they are common enough that you hear about them being a problem and uncommon enough that I have seen 3 in 10 years. I know 2 people that have killed them

24-Apr-20
My brother has a camp over in McDonough and has a big bear on his trail cam from last fall. Close to East Pharsalia

25-Apr-20
I live west of Norwich and there were 3 different bear within 3 miles of my house in one week last July.

09-Jun-20

SJJ's embedded Photo
SJJ's embedded Photo
Madison County

22-Jun-20

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Albany County is getting over run. My wife cannot keep her bird feeders out as the bears clean them our every night. Also my daughter who lives in the middle of town had one in her yard the other night. Shawn

26-Dec-22
Northern Chenango County, New York, is a hotspot for annual sighting reports. Despite the fact that I have evidence, I have yet to witness the phenomenon firsthand. cookie clicker

01-Jan-23
Alot of bears in Orange County. On peoples Ring cameras all the time. Not surprising I guess being close to NJ border.

01-Jan-23
I have mixed feelings. While I'd love to see bears in my area of 8S, I worry about the adverse affect on the fawns.

02-Jan-23

04-Jan-23
What about problems with Bobcats Squash?

06-Jan-23

07-Jan-23
Everyone thinks coyote about fawn predation, which in areas without black bears is 110% true. But, studies have shown, where there are both coyotes and black bears, the fawn predation split is 50/50. Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack the thread.

09-Jan-23

erict's Link
Interesting. Bear caused trouble in City of Albany, got tranquilized by DEC, dropped off in Catskills. Read link to see how it ended (link may not work in Firefox, but will in Chrome).

• Sitka Gear