Trich82demi 24-Apr-20
Scooby-doo 24-Apr-20
Scooby-doo 24-Apr-20
Kansasclipper 24-Apr-20
Thornton 25-Apr-20
Wayne 26-Apr-20
Trich82demi 27-Apr-20
24-Apr-20
(PSA I previously posted in big game forum and got recommended here to see if I could get some local help since I have a lot of issues. Sorry if you see this post twice)

Hey guys! So I'm new to the bow hunting game and a bit of a not so hot mess right now lol. I have a parker buckshot. It was a gift awhile back so I don't really know much more about it. I'm pretty certain the poundage is about ~35. I've been working on getting my aim together and more upper body strength so I can move up but I'm having some problems and I'm not sure where its coming in at. I've been practicing at about 10-15 yards. I got to where I was hitting pretty precise but I was having to aim high and to the left to hit my actual target. Thought maybe it was a sight issue so I lowered it but still had the same issue. Any thoughts/words of advice? I'm thinking the reason I always shoot too far to the right has something to do with my stance.(It was previously recommended that I move the sight left/right but I didn't realize you could do that so I'm planning to look into it tomorrow) I'm google taught and it shows lol. But hitting low is getting me. Is the poundage too low for that bow? Too low in general? Am I aiming wrong? Etc. Also I have a hard time holding steady sometimes so I'm not sure how much that would effect my shot?

If need be I can try and get some pictures of my stance it that would help.

Thanks in advance!

24-Apr-20
You may be dropping your bow arm and peeking to see where arrow is gonna hit. Remember lowering the sight will make you shoot higher and moving the sight left will make you shoot more to the right. Your best bet would be to find a local archery shop and go seek advice. Most places will get you pointed in the right direction for free or if not a small fee for some instruction as well as making sure your bow is set up and tuned properly! Shawn

24-Apr-20
A picture may help! Shawn

24-Apr-20
Shooting to the right could be anything. Most likely to long of draw or arrow spine. Or a combination of things such as nock height, rest center shot, grip, torque, etc. Do as Shawn says and get to a local pro shop. Not for sure where you are located but Smokey Valley Shooting Sports in Lindsborg or Diamond Archery in Wichita are good places to go.

25-Apr-20
I've had two Parkers. Neither shot very well, and the 50# started shooting even worse after I had the string changed. Had the bowshop install a string stop and several other things but It just never did help.

26-Apr-20
Like others have said. Could be many things. Maybe have someone else shoot a few arrows through it to see if it’s something with the bow or something that needs addressed in your shooting form.

27-Apr-20
Thanks everyone for the advice! I've heard some other negative comments on the parker bows which is what had me nervous about using this one. I know they put a new string on it before I got it. But I did find someone to look at it yesterday. He had about the same luck with it that I did so that made me feel better lol. He moved the sight and pins around and seemed to get it to hit right. I have yet to shoot it myself though. Someone in the other forum also mentioned the peeking issue so if I'm still having problems with it I'm going to try and get a video up for critiques.

• Sitka Gear